• What does the Bible say?

What did Jesus say to rich young man?

Matthew 19:21-24
    “If you want to be perfect, go and sell all you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have riches in heaven; then come and follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he was very rich.

23 Jesus then said to his disciples, “I assure you: it will be very hard for rich people to enter the Kingdom of heaven. 24 I repeat: it is much harder for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God than for a camel to go through the eye of a needle.”

Luke 12:15-21 (Phi) ..."Be on your guard against covetousness in any shape or form. For a man's real life in no way depends upon the number of his possessions... A rich man's farmland produced heavy crops. So he said to himself, 'What shall I do, for I have no room to store this harvest of mine?' Then he said, 'I know what I'll do. I'll pull down my barns and build bigger ones where I can store all my grain and my goods and I can say to my soul, Soul, you have plenty of good things stored up there for years to come. Relax! Eat, drink, and have a good time!' But God said to him, 'You fool, this very night you will be asked for YOUR SOUL!...' That is what happens to the man who hoards things for himself and is not rich in the eyes of God."

“Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood” (Isaiah 58:7)? We also need to “Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy” (Prov 31:8-9). In fact, “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern” (Prov 29:7).

Christians should respond to global poverty and hunger with hope. Believers can act on behalf of the poor with the confidence that they are helping further God’s work in the world: “I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor / and upholds the cause of the needy” (Psalm 140:12). Believers labor with the hope that Jesus will return, and “with righteousness he will judge the needy, / with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth” (Isaiah 11:4).

• Jesus Said So

All Jesus and our all mighty father, Might tell you, in your mind or something (this is an example): "My Children, Me, Your father, and your brother, Jesus, just want you to love one another, The world needs a better place. Help the needy, my children. Help them through this game of life and death. Help the young ones, who are life beginners. And help them reach their goal, to finish the game to paradise, Heaven. And join me and the winners. Don't let the greed get to you. Join me. Take my hand, in wisdom, to guide the needy of the people who have think they lost by giving up." But, the rich doesn't have to, help them.

• God said to love one another. Treat you neighbor as you do yourself and we are all neighbors.

God says what good is a man that if he should fall and have no one to pick him up. Love is action. You no I find it ironic that if a man ask someone to buy them an sandwich, and they say man I don't have any money to buy you a sandwich , but you can have an drink if you like. When someone is in a desperate situation and have no one to turn to and reach out to others especially to strangers its really humiliating experience. So yes rich or poor I believe we were all put here to help when can.

• Yes, the rich should HELP the poor but not SAVE the poor

Yes, the rich should help the poor. Life isn't fair, there will always be winners and losers in the grand scheme of things. However, I am a strong advocate of the help not save principle. One must know one's own limit/jurisdiction in aiding the less fortunate.

Let's take an analogy, you spot a beggar along the street. You give the beggar a dollar and walk away. In another case, you spot a beggar along the street. You beckoned the beggar along and feed him for a week. Notice the difference between the 2 cases. I would define the 1st as helping while the latter as saving. In the end, we can mostly just help the poor, however, whether or not they want to be saved from the poverty cycle is up to themselves and we should play no or minimal part in that regard.

• They Should Help

The poor is struggling whilst people like Kylie Jenner complain about having small lips. We have way more benefits than you think. You might be reading this on a phone or computer. The say, Africans they are struggling without money we are complaining about having 3 meals a day. THINK

• They Should Help

• Yes,but only if they care.

A lot of people work at companies to help their owners get rich, I did, but after the owners got rich, they could care less about their workers. My dad worked to help make his boss rich. His boss always said " stick with me and I will take care of you", my dad died poor.
    One boss I helped to get rich from my hard work told me "stick with me and I will take care of you". I will die poor.
    Is this phrase something they teach in millionaire school?

• Because You Need Them

The poor build cars, houses, roads, offices, bridges and make toys, phones, computers, televisions and clothes. Without the cheap labour the economy cannot be maintained, we would crumble as a society because everyone would demand too high a wage, causing companies to raise their prices, which would lead to people from middle and upper classes demanding higher wages and the trend would continue. By keeping the minimum wage low and giving the poor instead monetary benefits gained from taxpayer funds, we would maintain a stable economy that had a hierarchical system however with the lowest class still maintaining an existence that allowed for three healthy meals a day and a permanent residence with adequate conditions for two parents and two children. This system would of course work by increasing the amount of money taken as tax as the income of the person increases.

• The Poor support the Rich

Without the poor people to fill your factories, supermarkets, mines, delivery vehicles and to clean, cater and maintain your world of big business, where are your fortunes made?

My idea of rich does not include musicians, actors, models or television presenters. I am referring to entrepreneurs of such enormous wealth, but of course these people are rich usually because they neglect the environment, make ruthless business decisions at the expense of others and have an attitude towards the poor work fodder that they are lazy and unproductive, therefore not deserving help.

Is this debate even worth the time of day, because nobody who cares for the plight of those in need ever becomes a rich tycoon with the ability to do so.

• Yes Help the poor

God has blessed us all in different ways we need to all help each other.I feel rich at one time.I was blessed with a job for 30 years and mortgage payment for 20 years.My job was eliminated I lost everything I had work hard for all my life.No I did not go on government assistance I didn't qualify I have no children and $400 a week disqualified me.Try living without power for 2 months or going to a friends house to fill milk jugs up for water.No my church was not financially able to assist,United Way,Hope,Social Services etc.Are all jokes.Just remember when judgement day comes God does not take cash.

• Theres no such obligation.

I don't think the "rich" should help "the less fortunate". Why? Because everybody has the opportunity to achieve their goals and better themselves. You really think after I spent years of restless nights and lots of studying in college I should help Whoever decided not to do anything with their lives? I don't think so. I can help anybody who I see is hungry, Is in need of clothing and shoes, and needs anything I can help with. I would love to be able to help someones health for free and give them meds if needed. But is not an obligation, they have lots of choices and partying is not one!!!.

• No

The rich should not help the needy as it might make them completely reliant on the aid of the wealthy. This aid can be misused very easily. Take America's welfare programs for instance. Many people abuse it by staying unemployed, unmarried and having more children so as to meet the criteria for financial aid.

• Depends on the circumstances

I don't think anyone should be forced to help anyone regardless of the situation. The rich are mostly rich as a result of hard work, whereas the poor are mostly poor because a lack of ambition. Obviously this is not always the case, but often is. If the rich start helping the poor, then what is likely to happen is that the poor will expect more freebies from the rich which may result in them not doing anything with their lives as it's all just handed to them. If someone is genuinely trying to do good, create wealth and move on with their lives, then they should be the ones getting the help; not those expecting everything handed to them.

• We work hard to save and live simply, so we have a nice cushy nest.

I do not believe the rich would help the poor, and this is why. I have been supporting myself financially since the age of 15...And I am a female. I put myself through college, whilst working 3 jobs and raising a newborn (with no help from anyone or uncle Sam, thank you very much). I afforded this by living SIMPLY. No cable, no cell phone, no frivolous spending. What food I didn't groe and preserve myself, I purchased carefully with coupons and watching sales. I made our clothing or purchased everything from a thrift store or used. I was careful and thoughtful of utilities and their use. I was and am financially RESPONSIBLE. 15 years later, as a professional with a lucrative career I WORKED HARD to grow, I still live that simply. Now tell me this, how many of you "poor folk" live that simply and watch your spending and do NOT expect a handout? Exactly. Change your ways and stop complaining, you can live the American dream if you take some initiative and remove your hands from the financially responsible's wallet.

• The wealthy should not give to the poor.

If the wealthy give to the poor, then the lower classes might become very dependent on the wealthy giving to them. Upper classes should definitely HELP the poor, and donate money to them, but they should not be required to donate money to the poor, because they have no moral obligation to.

• Why on earth should I have to work my butt off, while he's getting hand outs?

Why would I feel obligated to help some numskull with 1/1000 of the ambition I have had all my life to get me where I am today ? I was studying 48 hours straight at a time while he was partying or drinking. It is hard work to make the big bucks, but why should I have to put in all the hard work only to give it to the guy who's only obligation is sit on the couch day in and day out, collect my tax money, and keep spitting out numskull Jr.'s to be certain he qualify s for all of the financial aid he can scrape in. It is one thing when the "poor" is attempting to make something of himself, but no person that fits the description of the first example will have no sympathy or Respect from me.

• Structure of our society

The Unit States is considered rich because it has more wealth than other countries. That can be said about people also. It is not the rich, privileged, or innovative people that drive our economy, but rather the millions of people who are willing to work for them. The american dream is just that, a dream. Our society is based on poor people dreaming that one day they can have it all and if the rich do not continue to get richer and show off their lavish life style the dream will die.

• There is No "Should" but Rather "Voluntary"

No obligation for the rich to help the poor given by natural rights.
    It is an individual's freedom to choose on whether the help should be given. Rawls 'Difference Principle' has flaws in the sense that he expects that a historical beginning would have an end-state outcome that is unjust give the first objection.

• Its our own decision to make

The "poor" people in this country are basically poor because their lack of ambition, and no thats not always the case but people take advantage. Beggers cant be choosers. Its sad that the wealthy should have to hand out their hard work earning to the people who like to sit at the bar and pop out babies. Its so messed up, You can't start out with a high paying job. You have to work your way up to it...Nobody's owes you anything in this world so be lucky that you even have a government that helps you out.

Junebug242am says2014-12-29T11:53:44.560
JESUS Said the least of these you did it for you did it for me rich people it is your job to help the poor and the needed and the who cannot help them self"s the more you give the more JESUS CHRIST WILL BLESS YOU WHO ARE RICH IN THIS WORLD Romberg there is a HEVEN and a place called hell you chose take your pick it is appointed on to man once to die but after death the Judgement you have a. Soul it is immortal it can not die but flesh dies you only a body for this world so you can be legal or be seen withe out your body you don exist JESSU said love ye one another as I first love you for the greatest of these is LOVE by aj