Should the rights of students be limited in school?

• 333 333 333

333 3333 333 3333 433333 444 w333 333 3333 333 333 333 333 333 333 333 333 3333 333 e33 33 33 33 3333 33 33333 3 333 333 333 333 33 33 3 3 3 33 333 33 333 33 333 33 333 333 3333 33 333 333 33 33

• Students should have limited rights!

I am in middle school and we shouldn't be treated like adults. Sometimes we are immature and get on peoples nerves, but we aren't perfect. We should walk into a room cussing out a teacher, or disrespecting them. Students should have limited boundaries because if we don't the expect us to be in total chaos.

• Sdf sdf sdf

Sdf sdf sdf sdf sdf sdf sdf s fs df sdf s dfs dfs dfs df sd fs df s df sd fs dfs df sdf s dfs dfs dfsdfs df s df sd f s df s df s dfs dfs df sdf s df sdf df sdf f f

• We Should Have Some Rights To A Certain Extent

The only reason we have rules is because if we didnt have them people would go crazy and act immature. In real life we will have to learn how to follow rules or face the consequences of our actions. We will have to follow them once we become adults so why not learn then now.

• Yes we should

Of course students shouldn't be permitted to not attend school, run around through the hallways yelling and screaming, or throw food fights. But we need to remember the students HAVE TO be there and so deserve respect. To the poster who said "rules are in place for a reason", can people quit using that line? Everything is "for a reason" whether it is good or bad. The mere fact that something has a reason does not justify it. Schools do need rules, good rules, but at times schools get ridiculous. My school would require you to come in unless you were hospitalized even if you clearly looked sick. It also treated tardies worse than absences. Rules should be clear, concise, logical, reasonable, not harsh or overly demanding and not arbitrary. Harsh, overly demanding, and arbitrary rules foster disrespect for rules in general. Rules that make sense foster respect for rules.
    Schools also need to make sure they have rules that protect the rights of students, rules against bullying, and rules that respect a student's right to civilly and non-disruptively express their opinion.

• Yes, But Not to the Extent That They Are Now

• Yes, rights to students should be limited

Yes, the right to students should be limited in all schools in the United States. Kids are at school to learn and get an education, no mess around and cause problems. Rules are in place for a reason and should be followed. Kids are not adults and they need to learn to follow rules for later down the road.

• Schools need to remain productive

Children are not adults, and being in school is not the same as simply being "out there in the world." It is a place designed for a specific purpose-- it should and does have rules designed to ensure that it can carry out that purpose. Things like freedom of speech don't exist to nearly the extent they do elsewhere, but you can't say whatever you want in most workplaces either.

• Three more words

How words are needed to leave a comment on this darn site because 50 words is way too much and I have time to do this because I am in school right now and I have something to do but I dont want to do it becuase its dumb like me

• When teachers cross the line.

If we make the argument that students have no rights, teachers and administrators are given too much power in determining what defines appropriate behavior. Students are expected to treat these adults with respect while the adults can behave in any manner they deem appropriate including threatening children with expulsion or other types of punishment. There are no checks and balance or consequences for their behavior when you take the rights a away from the students.

• Students should have rights

Now I'm in middle school and don't have stupid rules anymore but the rules were pretty ridiculous in elementary school. They were:
    - No hanging out in groups of more than 4
    - Standing in line in alphabetical order
    - You have to exit the cafe by class
    - You cannot make petitions
    - One person in the bathroom at a time
    - The teachers have to make teams (for sports) during recess
    - No running on the playground
    - A ridiculous dress code (ex. No uggs)
    These all go against adult rights and we all hated school. If you want us to get good grades don't make us hate school.

• No, students are American citizens no matter what building they're in.

As a student myself, I can say with certainty that a free and open school environment is much more conducive to learning than a strict, oppressive one. Our 4th and 1st Amendment rights are constantly trampled by teachers made cranky from years of dealing with young adults coupled with their lousy pay. A warrant is unnecessary for any search performed by the school or peace officer assigned to the school. Any search can be performed without consent in the name of safety. Personal property such as cell phones are routinely confiscated and locked away. Once in possession of the phone, they can freely search it as long as they can come up with a reason to suspect the owner. Refusing to submit to the confiscation results in harsh punishment. Increasingly draconian dress codes limit freedom of expression, some districts even going so far as to wipe it out entirely with mandatory uniforms. These rights are the very foundation of our country and should not be subverted by such asinine rules. They're purported to increase safety, but in truth simply turn school from a place of learning into a type of hell.

• We don't have enough

They take and take rights from us and we don't have ballyhooing in what we say. I was recently a middle school student and I can say that we were
    hated by some teachers and I even was told that a young girl was followed by a teacher and even harassed. As a student we don't have any rights

• Student rights should not be limited in school at a certain extent

I believe student rights shouldn't be limited in schools because that's a violation to human rights in general. Besides that, students, especially in higher grade levels, are mature enough to make their own choices and choose whether or not to take their education seriously. Many students in lower grade levels do this as well. Student rights should only be limited when the student goes against school rules.

• Student rights should not be limited in school.

The students go to school for studying everything they want for their life and a school should be a place where they can create their own world that they make as their own and they are fully supported to do so. If every humans should get their basic human rights, every student also should get their own rights. I believe the student rights can help for creating their own thoughts and in self studying for their life what they want to study.

• Students have rights!

While I don't necessarily believe that children in "school" are adults, I think that public schools should not limit the rights of students in school. Everyone who is in the American public school system should be entitled to their each individual rights from the Constitution. I believe that students should be able to speak and write papers about whatever they want. While the rights that would be limited are unclear in this question, I think that students should have their basic rights.

• Students Have Rights!

No, the rights of students should not be limited in school. Students should be granted the same rights and respect as adults as long as they keep their grades up and stay out of trouble. We send the wrong messages when we treat our students like convicted felons. Students emulate the behaviors they see. The schools should consider themselves role models and treat their students respectfully, as they wish to be treated. Students should be made aware that there are behaviors that could cause them to lose their rights. Schools have principals, not wardens.

• Students Should Have Basic Rights