• They could have never played and it would have been fine too.

Never liked them, never understood the love people have for this band.
    Probably more hippy nostalgia than anything else. They are and have always been impostures of some rebellion that they never had within them. Money is their main driving force, it's just another institution, a business really. Last series of concerts, inviting Lady Gaga etc... Do people really still believe that these guys were ever anything but middle class London kids acting obnoxious pretending to be rebels ?
    Give me The Doors any day of the week, at least there are some haunting melodies, music, poetry...The Boring Stones !

• Yes they should

I think that the Rolling Stones were a very good band, and in some ways they still are, but the truth of the matter is that they are more than just a little old, and need to retire sooner rather than later. They have gone past their prime years ago.

• Yes, I think they should

I think it is about time for the Rolling Stones to retire. At this point I feel that the quality of their work is diminishing. They already have many great works from the past that I feel most people are satisfied with. They should retire and allow themselves to sit back and enjoy the life of retirement.

• Hang it up please

The band are getting on in age, they had their moment in the sun, have a body of work that will last forever but the mad ticket prices for a series of shows and the fact they can't cut it no more are just why they need to retire. Thank Christ Pink Floyd, the original Queen lineup, Ronnie Dio era Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin ended at the top of their game. Genesis' last tour was better for them to retire in style than become a Spinal Tap parody.

• Mick should go solo.

Well, they are fine for as long as they want to be around. I just think I'd like to see Mick Jagger on his own or a change. I'd like to see more of his poetic reflective side now that he's getting older and maybe some new vein of creativity.

• They are past their prime.

Yes, I think the Rolling Stones should definitely retire. The Rolling Stones have had their heyday and now it's time to bring in new music and let it flourish. The Rolling Stones should definitely be admired for their contributions and inspiration that they have brought to the world of music, but at some point, it is time to put up the guitar and sit down.

• Yes Stones should retire

They are all in their seventies now, and do not need the money. The last decent album they put out was Steel Wheels in 1989. As a live act they are not very good. The only thing that made the last tour decent was getting Mick Taylor to play a few songs, but that just showed how much better he is than Keith and Ronnie. Time to hang it up boys!

• Yes Stones should retire

• Yes Stones should retire

• Should retired in the 1990's

Seen them 3 times 80's 90's and 2000's and they get worse on stage with age. I'm a huge fan have been since I bought the 'Last Time' as a kid. I've never thought Ron Wood cut it as Mick Taylor did. Bless Ron but he continually hits bum notes and his Strat sounds like a strangled cat and Keefs improvisation is poor these days. Micks voice and Charlie still sound good but...

• Never! Never! Never!

This band has been making me happy since I was 16 years old. I have seen them almost every time they have gone on tour, and I can personally tell you that they are as good, or better than any band I have ever seen in my lifetime, and believe me, that is a long time! This stupid age discrimination that goes on now is so wrong. The best musicians perform till they die!, and they just get better with time! So, LIVE FOREVER ROLLING STONES, because I will love you till I die!

• The Stones are still great why should they retire

The Stones should not retire, they are still fantastic to see live, of course they are older, but you should not write people off just because they have passed 70. 54 years is nothing to be sniffed at. Have seen them 15 times between 2003 and 2016 and they are still on form

• What do the Stones stand for?

The Stones never really stood for 'youthful rebellion.' The Stones have always stood for Satanism. I don't mean they worship Satan, I mean they worship unlimited pleasure. Their highest principle is wallowing, lascivious hedonism, so to be true to their calling, they must go on as Dirty Old Perverts. The Stones are in their 'Mr. Natural' phase (R. Crumb) now, which is fitting and proper. Besides, Keith Richards is still making good music -- I like his new album.

• What do the Stones really stand for?

The Stones have always been Satanists. I don't mean they worship Satan, I mean they worship pleasure. They stand for wallowing, lascivious hedonism, and so to be true to their principles, the Rolling Stones must go on as Dirty Old Perverts. The Stones never stood for 'youthful rebellion.' They are in their 'Mr. Natural' phase (R. Crumb) now, which is fitting and proper.

Besides, Keith Richards is still making good music. I like his new album.

• Let them keep playing

Im 12 years old and I like classic rock bands and I want to get a chance to see them.It would break my heart if they retired.I know they are older now but they are still an amazing band .I believe they still got it.Let them keep rocking.If you enjoy something your doing why retire.

• If you dont like em dont go....

They still pack venues with fans that enjoy and appreciate them. And they can still rock. Im amazed people are bored enough to pontificate on a group they dont want to see, and suggest they retire. I have much more respect for the stones still entertaining after 50 years, and in their 70's than whatever personality type it takes to criticize them.

• No need to ever stop

Just come back from seeing them in Paris. Still on top fighting form. Concert was a amazing. Despite nearly 71, Mick is still a fantastic frontman. Do you really think the stones give a s**t about the few losers who want them to stop, they are probably just jealous .

• Leave them be

No this group should not retire because they are apart of American history. When this music group is ready to retire then they will do such a thing however, we should wait until they are ready to make such a decision it is not up to me to really decide.

• Because they can!

They should continue because playing is what they do best and people still pay good money to see them. I say, as long as they can still get up there and play credibly, then more power to them! To Keith, they're the equivalent of the Duke Ellington orchestra- they keep going because that's what they know how to do.