• Yes ,the royal family should be abolished.

The royal family are a waste of money, live in palaces while others starve simply because they are born blue blooded, and are needlessly worshiped by a adoring public, who should be focusing on matters that affect them instead. Besides, who cares about two young people getting married. We should

• Yes total waste of money

I feel once the queen dies there should be a referendum to abolish the royal family.They are a total waste of money and hypocritical they change the rules to suit them self’s the younger royals like William and Harry are celebrities and their wife’s girlfriends etc are no more royal than you and I let us choose our own head of state instead of having a unelected head of state GET RID !!

• Expensive waste of money

Totally unwarranted expense on the tax payers who can barely support themselves. The only reason their still here is to keep the class system alive and well. People say they bring wealth to the U.K. but it’s the history that does that not the current incumbents, who the majority of tourists never actually see.
    Vote for a Republic where we can all have pride in our country. Even our national anthem ( not actually legally recognised) is all about the queen, not our country.
    Certain people have a vested interest in keeping the class structure in place, hence Brexit. When will we be a true democracy and have a vote on becoming a Republic. How many people realise that in order for an MP to sit in the House of Commons, they all have to swear allegiance to the ruling monarch, despite half of them wanting a Republic. How is that democratic, it’s a disgrace that in the twenty first century, will still have an unelected ruling class that makes me a subject of hers and not a citizen of my country.

Posted by: GJG
  • Here to rant

I’m not here to back the socialists or the commies, or that of the feminists stating that there is clear sexist discrimination. I just feel that there is a lack of requirement for the royal family today in Britain.
    We are spending 370million quid on refurbishing the palace while nhs is on its knees.
    We send our troops to foreign lands with lies and the queen stays silent on he matter, brexit? She was nowhere to be seen.
    Apart from tourism what is the royal family’s purpose in today’s world.
    If they does have political powers, I have not seen any and if someone says... Well she needs to begin the next government after general election. Tbf, that’s utter bollocks

• We don't need unelected figure heads.

The unelected Winsdors are not interested in anyone but themselves. All they care and want is that life style. A life style were they don't have to do anything for themselves. As for PR for the country they have embarrassed the country many many times. Remember the racist remark Phil the Greek said when he was touring China? As for European culture demands it- Most European countries have abolished their unelected monarchy. Duh!

• Referendum is neeeded.

In 1946 Italy had a referendum on the monarchy and they voted to get rid of them. In 1974 Greece had a referendum on the monarchy and also voted to get rid of them. The UK has still not been allowed to have a referendum on the unelected monarchy. One day the UK will be allowed a referendum and then............

• Total waste of money.

Where did the monarchy begin? Where did it come from? It began by them seizing power, murdering and stealing lands.How can the blood line of murdering tyrants be special? Read the history books. The public never elected them. All the do is look, watch and wave. And live the most obscene pampered lavish life style. Holiday after holiday after holiday......Cuts all over the UK but none for the unelected Windsors........

• Total waste of money.

• If you want them, pay for them.

For those who want them, let them sign up for a tax to keep them in the manner to which they are accustomed. While those who don't let them should be exempted. Some of us are just not interested in that boring family and don't them forced down our throats by the adoring media. Also, let's have a National Anthem that mentions the nation and the British people!

• Why should I pay for others when I can hardly pay for my self.

The royals are said to be worth billions of pounds so why do they need my money. They spend more time on holiday than they do in the country. They seem to take more than they bring in. There also outdated. The idea that I most bow down to someone just because they were born into the right family. Someone that I have to right to vote whether I want them representing me or not. In fact am ashamed of some of them and they do not stand for what I believe in.

• European Culture demands it.

If we allow the British to loose their culture all together the Muslims and other third world cultures will take over completely. Our ancestry demands we stand up for our traditions in defiance of a multicultural agenda which is just a code word for "white genocide" as it is. The Marxists in Europe are winning but we can't allow it to continue. There must be a reckoning and in the UK the Royal Family should lead the charge.

• Most definitely not.

The royal family are seen as a representation of the UK's culture and heritage, and are the final major British tradition we have. Removing this would leave our country as a cultural desert. Members of the royal family tour other countries to improve relations, and some serve in the military as well - A very noble gesture.

• The royal family should NOT be abolished

The royal family do so much charity work,they help so many people and offer so much money to help kids around the world.They also visit many countries to meet children in need,It is tradition that has been going on for years so there is no reason to stop them now !

• No, no, no

Come on now, let's not be stupid. Take off the blinkers of jealousy for just a minute and see that the roles they fulfil are so incredibly important for this country. All those Royal tours to not only places like the US and Canada but also to other countries in the Commonwealth that are emerging economies like India, they're PR missions and they build bridges. Whereas Politicians are A) uncharismatic and B) Constantly changing faces, the Royal Family are a permanent fixture who are born into a life of diplomacy and they're able to build far better bridges with other foreign dignitaries than Politicians like Cameron on Milliband.

The biggest argument people give for getting rid of them is the taxpayer funded salary. What most of those people don't realise is that salary traces back to King George who signed a contract which surrendered the revenues from the Crown Estates in exchange for a fixed income. If we were to undo all that, we'd be losing far more than they cost financially anyway. The reason people dislike the Royals is because they're rich. If you want a President rather than a Queen then I feel sorry for you and point you in the direction of mainland Europe, where you have many countries to choose from........All of them worse in many ways than the UK.

God Save The Queen!

• Royal Family Should Not Be Abolished

No, the Royal Family should not be abolished as the Royal Family is a sigh and symbol of the United Kingdom that brings hopes to its people and is recognized the world over as a symbol of good will. To take away the Royal Family would be to take away this symbol of good will.

• The Royal Family Is Entrenched

England's royal family is an essential part of the government and politics. While they may not function in the system like they have in the past, they are still essential. They are also a figure head, which has proved important in history. The royal family and it's involvement has changed and probably will continue to change in the future.