• Yes ,the royal family should be abolished.

The royal family are a waste of money, live in palaces while others starve simply because they are born blue blooded, and are needlessly worshiped by a adoring public, who should be focusing on matters that affect them instead. Besides, who cares about two young people getting married. We should

• Of course it should be abolished

They do very little, they have, realistically, very little impact. William and Catherine are lazy in the extreme. They cost normal people a fortune and it is morally wrong that they exist. I am surprised they do not feel more shame. They are a parasitic al and, sadly, quit thick, to boot!

• Yes they should be abolished

Basically England is a dictatorship! So the Royal Family does this good thing and that good thing! That all doesn't mean they should continue! Ok, if all citizens voted to end the monarchy or voted to limit the finances they receive, the Royal family would not let that occur! Why, because THEY want to be in charge! Don't you see it? You can play all the politics you want but you'll never gave the right to change anything unless THEY say it's ok! Always the parent to a nation of children! The voted in politicians could do the exact same thing the Royal family does without all the added expense! See for yourself! Most countries don't give a darn about an old lady coming to their country! Sort of like the pope. Money for nothing. Sorry! Time for England to change!

• Should be abolished!

They are nothing more than an expensive arrogant 'show-off' for the world! And "Prince" Harry is an asshole prick! Time for England to grow up and quit wasting money on worthless crap and use it for less fortunate folk! Basically it's a racist game! "Ooh we're white and we own this country and we are better than the other people of the world."

• British Monarchy likes to hurt people even if they have done nothing wrong to them.

I went to London a few years ago and was date raped by one of the royal family's security guards at the Claridge Hotel. I developed all sorts of urinary diseases, fibroids, and cysts due to a poison he had put in my vagina as required by someone royal. After many years of suffering I finally found a doctor who would operate. Wouldn't you know it, even the doctor was in the pocket of the crown and instead of doing a normal procedure he removed a right ovary. And those horrible English trained nurses and maid that speak Spanish or Portuguese. They are true killers. I would never go to London as long as the Royal Family is in power because after my experience of having a right ovary removed by them. I do not believe it is safe. The royal family has done other bad things to me like make it impossible for me to go to work and poison my brain with drugs. I wish I had never met a single English.

• Yes it should be, definitely

The royal family gulps an astonishing 410 million euros per year, which is enough to make you wonder if a country in depth should continue a non sense of this sort adding the fact that they are pretty much just a figure at this point milking an already financially struggling country.

• Abolish the monarchy after the Queen dies.

I doubt it will survive very long after she passes anyway. The Queen is true royalty. Everything about her reads regal. But Charles is the complete opposite. He will make a fool of the monarchy & the UK. Besides, who really wants a King Chuck & Queen Cami? It would be better if he let the crown pass to Wills instead but that will never happen. I'm curious to see how many Commonwealth countries drop the monarchy when Chuck becomes king.

• Definitely Abolish the Royals

The Royal Family, live in huge palaces paid for by tax payers, while our Country has huge Debts, everything the Royal Family has is paid by us the UK Tax Payers, my opinion is they are no better than myself, but they are treated as so. They are head of State, but what worries me is what goes on behind closed door's the recent scandal concerning Prince Andrew. My Opinion is Abolish the whole Royal Family they are human just like everyone else and should be treated the same as everyone in this Country!

• Most definitely not.

The royal family are seen as a representation of the UK's culture and heritage, and are the final major British tradition we have. Removing this would leave our country as a cultural desert. Members of the royal family tour other countries to improve relations, and some serve in the military as well - A very noble gesture.

• The royal family should NOT be abolished

The royal family do so much charity work,they help so many people and offer so much money to help kids around the world.They also visit many countries to meet children in need,It is tradition that has been going on for years so there is no reason to stop them now !

• No, no, no

Come on now, let's not be stupid. Take off the blinkers of jealousy for just a minute and see that the roles they fulfil are so incredibly important for this country. All those Royal tours to not only places like the US and Canada but also to other countries in the Commonwealth that are emerging economies like India, they're PR missions and they build bridges. Whereas Politicians are A) uncharismatic and B) Constantly changing faces, the Royal Family are a permanent fixture who are born into a life of diplomacy and they're able to build far better bridges with other foreign dignitaries than Politicians like Cameron on Milliband.

The biggest argument people give for getting rid of them is the taxpayer funded salary. What most of those people don't realise is that salary traces back to King George who signed a contract which surrendered the revenues from the Crown Estates in exchange for a fixed income. If we were to undo all that, we'd be losing far more than they cost financially anyway. The reason people dislike the Royals is because they're rich. If you want a President rather than a Queen then I feel sorry for you and point you in the direction of mainland Europe, where you have many countries to choose from........All of them worse in many ways than the UK.

God Save The Queen!

• Royal Family Should Not Be Abolished

No, the Royal Family should not be abolished as the Royal Family is a sigh and symbol of the United Kingdom that brings hopes to its people and is recognized the world over as a symbol of good will. To take away the Royal Family would be to take away this symbol of good will.

• The Royal Family Is Entrenched

England's royal family is an essential part of the government and politics. While they may not function in the system like they have in the past, they are still essential. They are also a figure head, which has proved important in history. The royal family and it's involvement has changed and probably will continue to change in the future.