• Yes ,the royal family should be abolished.

The royal family are a waste of money, live in palaces while others starve simply because they are born blue blooded, and are needlessly worshiped by a adoring public, who should be focusing on matters that affect them instead. Besides, who cares about two young people getting married. We should

• Yes it should be, definitely

The royal family gulps an astonishing 410 million euros per year, which is enough to make you wonder if a country in depth should continue a non sense of this sort adding the fact that they are pretty much just a figure at this point milking an already financially struggling country.

• Abolish the monarchy after the Queen dies.

I doubt it will survive very long after she passes anyway. The Queen is true royalty. Everything about her reads regal. But Charles is the complete opposite. He will make a fool of the monarchy & the UK. Besides, who really wants a King Chuck & Queen Cami? It would be better if he let the crown pass to Wills instead but that will never happen. I'm curious to see how many Commonwealth countries drop the monarchy when Chuck becomes king.

• Definitely Abolish the Royals

The Royal Family, live in huge palaces paid for by tax payers, while our Country has huge Debts, everything the Royal Family has is paid by us the UK Tax Payers, my opinion is they are no better than myself, but they are treated as so. They are head of State, but what worries me is what goes on behind closed door's the recent scandal concerning Prince Andrew. My Opinion is Abolish the whole Royal Family they are human just like everyone else and should be treated the same as everyone in this Country!

• No, no, no

Come on now, let's not be stupid. Take off the blinkers of jealousy for just a minute and see that the roles they fulfil are so incredibly important for this country. All those Royal tours to not only places like the US and Canada but also to other countries in the Commonwealth that are emerging economies like India, they're PR missions and they build bridges. Whereas Politicians are A) uncharismatic and B) Constantly changing faces, the Royal Family are a permanent fixture who are born into a life of diplomacy and they're able to build far better bridges with other foreign dignitaries than Politicians like Cameron on Milliband.

The biggest argument people give for getting rid of them is the taxpayer funded salary. What most of those people don't realise is that salary traces back to King George who signed a contract which surrendered the revenues from the Crown Estates in exchange for a fixed income. If we were to undo all that, we'd be losing far more than they cost financially anyway. The reason people dislike the Royals is because they're rich. If you want a President rather than a Queen then I feel sorry for you and point you in the direction of mainland Europe, where you have many countries to choose from........All of them worse in many ways than the UK.

God Save The Queen!

• Royal Family Should Not Be Abolished

No, the Royal Family should not be abolished as the Royal Family is a sigh and symbol of the United Kingdom that brings hopes to its people and is recognized the world over as a symbol of good will. To take away the Royal Family would be to take away this symbol of good will.

• The Royal Family Is Entrenched

England's royal family is an essential part of the government and politics. While they may not function in the system like they have in the past, they are still essential. They are also a figure head, which has proved important in history. The royal family and it's involvement has changed and probably will continue to change in the future.