Should the rules for girls and boys sports be the same?

Asked by: Hockey4
  • Yes, women fought for years for equal rights

Yes, the rules for girls and boys sports should be the same. For years, women fought for equal rights, and as we are all people, and all created equally, we should all abide by the same set of general rules. Also, most sports are separated by gender, which further gives good reasoning to have a general set of rules for both genders.

• Yes yes yes

Girls and boys often enjoy playing the same sport. Some people believe that girls and boys should be able to play on the same team. What is your opinion on this issue? Write an essay stating your opinion and supporting it with convincing reasons. Be sure to explain your reasons in detail.
    A female can play as rough and as strong as males. Girls can play football and base ball yet the male population believes that us females are too fragile and cannot do it. I have 5 brothers and each of them have played every field sport almost. I play football better than any of them and help them practice. Women fought for equality yet we are still getting lesser treatment. Girls may be built different, but we have the same muscles as the guys. I actually know 20 or more girls that are better than the boys team and the boys actually want the girls on their team. It should be allowed because everyone is supposed to be equal.
    Girls should be treated just the same as guys. If girls really want to play then they should be able too. If they are willing to take the hit then what’s the difference between girls and boys playing. I think that everyone should be treated equally. Girls should be on same team as boys
    ` I dont mind if girls play on boys sports teams like basketball and baseball and soccer but not contact sports like football and wrestling because if i were to touch a girl during wrestling in the wrong spot then it would be weird, and if i were to tackle one in football, for one thing i can’t hit a girl and i could injure her. I’m not saying she’s not tough but boys are more '' get down and dirty '' where girls are more like '' I need my blush'' so i don’t think girls should play on boys CONTACT sports teams the others they should most

• Rules of the same game should be the same

Yes, when the sports are the same the rules should be the same for each group. For instance some of the rules in college basketball are different between the sexes and they should not be. The men are not playing against the women, they are playing against each other and a standard set of rules will make officiating much easier.

• The rules for girls and boys sports should be the same.

The rules for girls and boys sports should be the same. I think that girls and women have been working hard to prove themselves to be as good as boys and men. If they want to be treated as equal, which they should be allowed to, then the rules of the game should stay the same.

• Basically the Same

I really don't see any reason why rules for sports would be different for girls and boys, in fact, I would think that would be bad practice, because what would happen if they one day decided to play together, even if it was for fun. The rules should remain the same for each sport and for each gender playing that sport.

• Rules should be the same

Yes, I think that rules for both boys and girls teams should be the same. The sports are the same, and so are any possible injuries that a boy or girl may sustain from playing a sport. Also, having the same rules keep the sports consistent for boys and girls and makes it fair.

• Yes, women fought for years for equal rights.

• NOt THE SAME

Boys are girls are raised different amongst society. This is why I believe that women should be treated totally different from men. For example, teenage boys are known for their school fights which make them “masculine” and “rough” and teenage girls are taught to be delicate and it is okay for them to cry. On the other hand if a teenage boy cries he is known for being a “girly girls”. Teenage boys tend to watch rough sports while the girls are having tea parties. Boys like playing with toy cars, while girls play with their Barbies dolls. Probably this is why the term do not hit a woman always has existed. Also if you have noticed this is why society has always tried o separate boys from girls. For example this is why we have boy soccer’s team and girls’ soccer team because men are far more physically competitive than woman. As they grow up, if a boy goes out with tons of girls he is known to be a “lover” and as a “real men”, while girls are known to a girl with low standards.

• No, they don't have to be the same.

The rules should not be the same for girl and boys sports. Women are not even remotely competitive at basketball. This is with them having a shorter three point line and a smaller basketball. If you made them use the same rules as men they would be even worse. It is okay the way it is.

• Only If Both Sexes Play in the Same Game

Rules for boys and girls sports shouldn't be the same because both have different playing abilities. If both sexes are in the same game in the same sport, the rules should not be altered. However, things such as three-point range and volleyball net heights are different between the sexes because there are different playing abilities on the court.