• SATS are Hell

The SAT is unnecessary for people to take where most people that take AP/IB programs have so much stress that they do not really need the SAT. It is just a dumb thing where people want to use it as a "college admission", but it really isn't, because your gpa matters the most.

• Unnecessary stress for kids!

Sats are just a load of stress for all children and 11 year olds are to young to deal with it! Too much revision whilst kids could be exploring the world.WE ARE NOT ROBOTS! Some people struggle with maths and ace spelling. Does that make them "not met
    standard" according to marks?

• Are SATS healthy

I agree that SATS should be abolished. My child has just done her y5 tests, and before was getting really stressed. Even though, that she is worrying about y5 tests I have no idea how my girl is going to react next year, and my child is top of her school.

• SATs should not be abolished

SATs should not be abolished because it is the foundation for the rest of our lives. Furthermore, by stating sats should be abolished you are literately meaning all tests, What will you do when the pilot on YOUR plane has not been tested? What will you do when you're getting surgery and you have an unqualified Doctor? Is this how you want the world to end? Yes children are being put under a lot of pressure to do well in SATS but thats life. You will be put under pressure to do well in life too, because life is just a test, exactly like SATs! So when you think about it its not that hard, is it?

• SATS SHOULD be abolished.... Here is my reason:

Personally I think SATS is just a waste of time as you get more depressed about it. I mean..... I haven't even done SATS and my mum is already making me practise EVERY SINGLE DAY! And then I'm like, "Mum, it's in march ..... And it's only December!"
    It's just the same as the 11+. It's just a waste of time!

• Yes it should be banned

• The SAT is the source of depression

Honestly, the SAT is just dumb. Like why you need spend reading five passages if your likely to read three in college without a short time limit. Also this test is the reason why actual geniuses aren’t going into top Ivy League Schools. And for some (personally me) aren’t just good at that one Section aka reading for me. What if you cannot make 100k a year just cause of a little section that ruins you score, your chance into getting an advanced school, and maybe even your dream job.

• Do we even have to discuss this?

SAT and ACT overlook the student's academic background provided by his/or school. Grades are a statistical representation of how well the student understood the material they were taught, so why can't we just use those for colleges? The student's grades and teachers are undoubtedly a more accurate representation of the student's academic level. A low score may mean the student didn't prepare enough, but it doesn't include that in the score, does it? Also, there are lots of people out there that just aren't great test-takers due to anxiety, stress and the pressure the test puts on them. Can a 5 hour test accurately measure a 10 year's worth of learning?

• Gpa v.S. Sat

Students spend 4 years raising and sustaining their GPA, but when students apply college the university they're applying to looks more at the SAT than the thing that the students spend 4 years of their life making good. Students only spend on average 1 month studying for these tests. Our GPA should be thought of way higher than the SAT

• No, it is pointless.

I understand that the SAT was designed to test a student's Math, English, and Writing readiness for college, but in doing so, it overlooks the student's academic background provided by his school. Grades are a statistical representation of how well the student has understood the material taught in his classes - if this is true, then why do we need the SAT to gauge out a student's academic readiness? The student's grades and teachers are undoubtedly a more accurate representation of the student's academic background - teachers work with their students most of the week and thus have a keen eye on them. They have a lot to say about a student's academic background, such as their strengths and weaknesses, whereas the SAT is not holistic in doing so. The SAT score provides superficial insight into a student's academic background - a low score may suggest the student did not prepare enough, but does it suggest how long the student prepared, or whether he gave his best effort? The SAT does not represent the amount of material the student learned over the course of his academic career, let alone his understanding of the material learned in class.

• Gpa v.S. Sat

• It should not be banned

If we ban sat's no one will care about their work study etc...
    And however' this is the only way to know how smart your child is and how much is not
    No sat's should not be banned or no one will care about study's
    Would you like that
    Never

• Hell noooooo !

Because we all had to do them and it wouldnt be fare also it helps decide what level and set you are going to be in also beacuse they are just tests and wont do any harm so do not scrap sats at all its simple just dont keep them for goodness sake

• No it should not

It shouldn't because if someone spent 18 years not caring about family or personal life and got straight As, then why does one have to take a 4 hour long test session just to prove themselves to get into a good college when some people don't even speak english, so it should not be allowed.

• The people who can't pass SATs usually think so, but they're wrong.

No, there is no reason for the SAT to be abolished. It seems like every year, there's someone who either could not succeed on the SAT, or has a child or family member who failed miserably. And every year, we have to hear from them as to they think we should abolish the SAT. You and your kids not being smart enough to score well is not the SAT's problem!

• not at all

No, they do not need to take away the SAT at all, since it is one of the best ways that we have found to see how smart that a kid is, and that it is a way to know if they need to be taken in at a college or not.