• It is absolutely needed.

School standards are falling behind drastically in comparison to other nations. Our rankings are slipping, even Poland is ahead of us in some criteria. There are 24 hours in one day. 9 is enough for sleep. There, 15 hours left, so 10 hours of school is enough for everyone. There is still 5 hours left to play, travel, shop etc. Weekends too are not needed. Weekends were made in the past to allow children time to return home and tend to the fields or help with housework. That is obviously not needed now, so we can use Saturdays and Sundays as school days, adding 20 hours of learning. THis time can be from 7 am to 5 pm, similar to the times of asian nations with bright and motivated students.

Even holidays are obselete, for the same reason that they were created so that children can work during the summer to collect the crops and work on the fields. That is no longer needed, so children should go to school during these current holiday periods. Several days can be provided so that people can celebrate Easter, and attendance requirements can be more flexible to allow for travel and visiting relatives, but this is all needed. Children until 2nd grade can be allowed current school timetables, and Sundays, but from 3rd grade, they should be attending school almost everyday of their lives.

This is necessary, and people may not agree, but I do earn near 7 figures and I believe that many other people would be as well. I had long hours of tutoring and additional homework. We must understand, make our children understand, this is the way, things here can be changed, made more free or less potentially tedious, but something like this is needed.

• Im in between

I don't really know because you know how China schools have thirteen hours in school without using the bathroom! I don't want to be in school that long but also look at there average grade in China they are one of the most achieved and smarter schools. If only Texas could be that smart I wish I don't want to go to school that long though like I said. Would you if you dod your crazy

• Robbie and josh year 6

We need more learning and clubs 2hour in morning school s c h o o l s c h o o l l ea r n I n g fun fun fun fun fun un fun fun fun fun fun fun fun ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• Robbie and josh year 6

• Robbie and josh year 6

• Should school days be longer?

Yes, school days should be longer because if the school day is longer you will have a chance to have a longer summer. You also won't have as much homework because all of the homework would be done at school. Although you will have a longer school day to have a longer lunch, recess, special, and fun Friday.

• Yes we should

I think we should have more school time because kids need more time at school. Kids need to learn more about stuff, like math or language arts which is why they need more time at school. I think that school wouldn't be that much harder but we'd get more out of it.

• Yes we should

• Yes to longer school days!

School days should be longer because lots of children ARE struggling in class. And if the school days were longer you would do more work at school and there would be less home work. In China the school days are 9 hours long and they have really clever students. And if the school days were longer the kids would have experience of work. We are not saying that we should add on hours and hours! Made just half a hour.

• Longer School Days

It gives the children a boost and lets them achieve a great result at the end of the year. At the moment, students are not reaching their full potential. I know school can be very boring, but your future relies on it. This can be a great path to success.

• MERP! MERP! MERP! (Please excuse my merps)

Basically, an extended school day will bring more stress onto the student. They will have less time to complete homework and study for test. Also, some assignments may need more time than a five-minute worksheet. They may stay up extra early to complete this assignment so that they don't get a failing grade. Lack of sleep is bad for health and can cause the student to sleep in class.

• The school day should not be made longer.

Most schools already require an 8-hour day. That is the equivalent of a full time job for many people. Children are not ready for that kind of time commitment. They need unstructured time to help all they have learned throughout the day sink in and be transferred to long-term memory. Children also need time to get rid of built up energy, time they are often loosing as schools cut physical education programs. If the school day was made longer they would lose what little time they have after school to wind down after sitting in a classroom all day.

• No.

School hours should not be raised. In general, most schools already require an eight hour day. Then when you add extracurricular activities in the mix such as sports and band practice which also pertain to school, technically the school hours are even farther extended. Then, students have to study and do homework on top of that while most trying to balance a job.

• School days should not be any longer.

Some students all ready have to get on a school bus for up to two hours before and after an eight hour day of school. That is up to twelve hours a day, I know this is an extreme case but most kids are also involved in some type of extracurricular activities and also have to have time for hours of homework each day. I think the school day is long enough.

• No

No I do not think the school day should be longer. I think students struggle to stay awake and alert with the length of the days they have now. Longer days would make it worse and would end up being pointless because they would not really be learning or retaining anything.

• School is so boring and we should have a longer weekend

We take up are whole weekend and only get 2 days to do what we want.School makes it so we dont get to see your family and friends but have fun.Thats why the school day should be shorter and at least more fun to be at and learn. By: Vivienne

• We already have enough school hours

We already have to be in school for 12 or more years, we do not need a single hour added to our school time. I mean, I personally do not like school, but I understand that it is necessary. The school board put a specific start and stop time to each school day, and they should stick to there decisions. I don’t care if the Chinese have 13 hours a day. Kids need time to do other things that aren’t studying, or working, and that crap. No, we do not need more school hours.

• Are you freaking crazy?

Yes, because we all need more school in our lives! No. Unlike the idiots the voted yes, I actually like to spend time with my family, or doing sports, or actually having fun. School drains the life out of me. They have all of there dumbass rules, expectations, work, and more. No, there’s no way in hell we need more time in school.

• No longer school days

Children will miss out on family time/ homework. Children get enough stress with homework at home. Longer school days will make them suffer further with no time for going outside/fresh air. How would you feel if you were stuck indoors for 70% of your time having normal boring lessons? Imagine about how moody the younger generation of world will be. Imagine...

• It takes up most of the students day.

Us kids are in school for about 6 hours. Imagine if there was another. We also have to sleep for 8 hours which means when we get home we have time to do home work, time to ourselves and time to get ready for the next day. You do the math . Sounds like we wont have much us time at all