• Im in between

I don't really know because you know how China schools have thirteen hours in school without using the bathroom! I don't want to be in school that long but also look at there average grade in China they are one of the most achieved and smarter schools. If only Texas could be that smart I wish I don't want to go to school that long though like I said. Would you if you dod your crazy

• Robbie and josh year 6

We need more learning and clubs 2hour in morning school s c h o o l s c h o o l l ea r n I n g fun fun fun fun fun un fun fun fun fun fun fun fun ffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

• Robbie and josh year 6

• Robbie and josh year 6

• Should school days be longer?

Yes, school days should be longer because if the school day is longer you will have a chance to have a longer summer. You also won't have as much homework because all of the homework would be done at school. Although you will have a longer school day to have a longer lunch, recess, special, and fun Friday.

• Yes we should

I think we should have more school time because kids need more time at school. Kids need to learn more about stuff, like math or language arts which is why they need more time at school. I think that school wouldn't be that much harder but we'd get more out of it.

• Yes we should

• Yes to longer school days!

School days should be longer because lots of children ARE struggling in class. And if the school days were longer you would do more work at school and there would be less home work. In China the school days are 9 hours long and they have really clever students. And if the school days were longer the kids would have experience of work. We are not saying that we should add on hours and hours! Made just half a hour.

• Longer School Days

It gives the children a boost and lets them achieve a great result at the end of the year. At the moment, students are not reaching their full potential. I know school can be very boring, but your future relies on it. This can be a great path to success.

• Yes the school day school be extended.

Many kids may think that it is a bad idea for the school hours to be longer but guess what it exactly isn't a bad idea. Many kids may think that school is boring and all but it is a environment that helps us learn. Many teachers put a lot of pressure into her/his students for a reason. They want you to pass the grade and be successful. You could even be higher than China's students just because you put the extra hours in. One thing about China is that they don't let their children just sit around and do nothing. China's children go to school all the time. In my opinion they are like studying robots that never take a break. China's children go to school 7 days a week every month. They don't have any breaks exact the Chinese New Year Break. In the USA, we have so many breaks. We have the winter break, spring break, and summer break. This is more than 2 months from school.

Posted by: msms
  • MERP! MERP! MERP! (Please excuse my merps)

Basically, an extended school day will bring more stress onto the student. They will have less time to complete homework and study for test. Also, some assignments may need more time than a five-minute worksheet. They may stay up extra early to complete this assignment so that they don't get a failing grade. Lack of sleep is bad for health and can cause the student to sleep in class.

• The school day should not be made longer.

Most schools already require an 8-hour day. That is the equivalent of a full time job for many people. Children are not ready for that kind of time commitment. They need unstructured time to help all they have learned throughout the day sink in and be transferred to long-term memory. Children also need time to get rid of built up energy, time they are often loosing as schools cut physical education programs. If the school day was made longer they would lose what little time they have after school to wind down after sitting in a classroom all day.

• No.

School hours should not be raised. In general, most schools already require an eight hour day. Then when you add extracurricular activities in the mix such as sports and band practice which also pertain to school, technically the school hours are even farther extended. Then, students have to study and do homework on top of that while most trying to balance a job.

• School days should not be any longer.

Some students all ready have to get on a school bus for up to two hours before and after an eight hour day of school. That is up to twelve hours a day, I know this is an extreme case but most kids are also involved in some type of extracurricular activities and also have to have time for hours of homework each day. I think the school day is long enough.

• No

No I do not think the school day should be longer. I think students struggle to stay awake and alert with the length of the days they have now. Longer days would make it worse and would end up being pointless because they would not really be learning or retaining anything.

• No longer school days

Children will miss out on family time/ homework. Children get enough stress with homework at home. Longer school days will make them suffer further with no time for going outside/fresh air. How would you feel if you were stuck indoors for 70% of your time having normal boring lessons? Imagine about how moody the younger generation of world will be. Imagine...

• It takes up most of the students day.

Us kids are in school for about 6 hours. Imagine if there was another. We also have to sleep for 8 hours which means when we get home we have time to do home work, time to ourselves and time to get ready for the next day. You do the math . Sounds like we wont have much us time at all

• Hi my namei

My name is trey

Juicy gift guy guy guy g you g out. You it iguana. Yyyy g you g tug y y guy guy Uyg. G guy is The gu u l juju buy it j j j in jj j j j j j j j j. I

• Meow mew mew

I love cats and pumpkin pie and why even school v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v vv v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v v

• As a student, I am already stressed beyond repair.

I am an AP student who participates in 4 clubs, 3 varsity sports, and my school's chapter of National Honors Society. I wake up at 5:50 am and go to bed around 11 pm to 1 am. I never have time to just relax, talking to family members or friends, checking my phone, reading books, or even glancing at twitter or instagram for more than 15 minutes. I have 3-4 hours of homework each night, which doesn't include the extra studying I do as part of my interest in Spanish fluency, studying for SATs, or taking driving classes. I have to balance practices and meets, club meetings, driving classes, family parties, social events, and NHS volunteering. I barely have time to eat, shower, and sleep, let alone have some time to myself. If the school day was extended an hour, I don't think I'd be able to last a full week without a severe mental breakdown.