Should the school week be reduced from 5 days to 4 days?

• School days should be 5 days Not less.!!

I am in drama and we are debating right now.! And me and my partner are debating on weather or not students should go to school 5 days a week or 3 days a week. She is for 3 days and i am for 5 days.! I think that If you go to school only 3 days then you would have more homework and less time to work on it at school.! And the teachers and students would be put under a lot more stress and the more the students show up the more the school makes in money.! Lets just say Im gonna win this thing.!😊

• The week should be shortened

90 minutes of school would be added to each school day. That just suck. Kid s would have less time for ECA. Schools would save money on electricity and water costs. Staff bills would be cut and kids will have an extra day to sleep and time to play. Thats great!!!

• No, a shorter school week is ridiculous.

If anything, we should be looking at longer school days and longer school years. Our calendar is outdated and based on an agricultural system. Children need more time to learn. Besides that, most parents both work these days, and they can not have to find child care for an additional day.

• School days can be extended

Instead of just shortening the school week we can just make the school days longer to even things out. It would be great for students, parents, and teachers. The teachers and students work their butts off so they deserve an extra day off. Meanwhile the parents can save money on gas even if it's just a dollar or two. Not to mention it would be helping the environment with the car pooling going on and driving less for one day can make all the difference.

• School Should Be Shortened

School should be shortened because kids need time to get the energy out of their systems. Homework can cause big stress problems and can kill the child if not treated. Kids need to be kids and not learn 5 days a week. Having 5 days is a very stupid idea!!!!!

• My name is jef

N n nn n n n nn n n nn n n n nn nn n n n n n n n n n n n n n nn n n n n n n nn n n nn n n n n n n nn n n n n

• Good for schools

First off, electricity, water, and heating/air conditioning would be more inexpensive. Also, buses would use 1/5 less gas than before, and staff and students alike would also have an extra day. Also, the board of ED would be able to cut how much they needed to pay, and with this money the school system could provide more resources, field trips, and activities.

• There should only be four days of school in a week

I think that there should only be four school days in a week because students would be more focused during class. Studies show that students were 73% more focused during class when there were only four days of school a week. Students would be able to receive more sleep and would have more time to study for upcoming tests. If the students only had four days of school a week, they would be able to complete assignments on time without having to get a zero because of missing assignments.

• Kids all over are asking for it

Just do it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it it

• Yes they soooooo should

We have 5 days and it's so stressful and we don't have any time to do anything with family I just don't understand y people go to school when it increases stress and in high school increases suicides, drug abuse, and sexual activity. My opinion give students 4 days of school to bond with family

• Gregoryhardcor llllvl love l

Mends want to go see the movie is and was a good time one of day is a going on in with my friends life jewelry store in the first morning of to be a able too see you the my life phone call from with to get a to a YouTube channel playlist on my way mind is and that the company is a the first time half a million times better than the a good time to waster but I I have no to a

• Im in avid

Im in avid and we are talking about this edededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededf jjj j j j jj j j j j j jj j j j jlk k k k k kk k k k k k k k k k kk k k k k k k k kk kk l

• Im in avid

• I dont like you

Your being racist to America. Not all people are stupid and not all schools are that stupid111. If your from America then im sorry for being so rude but if you go to school in america then your school just retrded !111!!!1 YOUR SCHOO, I PROBABLY RETARTED . . .

• Schools should stay with 5 days

If schools have a 4 day week, many families had to pay for child care which causes financial stress. Also children might forget everything what they learned during the school weeks. Teachers also had to spend time re-teaching lessons to the students. Children also will miss their clubs and have a longer school period which makes them have a shorter homework period.

• The school week is good where it's at.

The school week should always be 5 days during the week. Why would you want 4 days? I think that decreases school a little too much. It's perfect where it is. I agree with other people that there is no point of dropping the week by one day. What is one day going to give you? You have enough time to relax on saturdays and sundays. This is a wrong idea to do because I think that it doesn't make sense.

• Ummm, we already have the worst schools in the world, not to mention the dumbest people.

What exactly would be the point of shortening the school week? Putting kids out on the streets 52 more days of the year to commit who knows what in their state of boredom? Reducing costs? That certainly wouldn't work, because there are a minimum number of hours and units required to graduate from high school. So what would be your motivation for shortening the school week? If anything schools should be year round with longer days and tougher requirements.