• Since when do we Need Time 'off'?

This paragraph is a response to anonymous: Unless your human body is mutated in ways unknown to the public, needs are classified as things needed to SURVIVE!!! Sitting on the couch and playing television is most likely not going to kill you if you don't get a certain amount of it. And 'kids' basically refers to people who are below the age of earning money-aka kids who are younger are usually lazy and spoiled-as they do nothing to earn money and just get allowance for existing. Kids, are under 12, at least I hope that 13-19 aren't classified as 'kids', as kids probably don't even need a car, *no duh* and experience is only needed for *PEOPLE NOT KIDS* going into college. Kids are not going into college any time soon, so basically they don't care about things they will have to do later in life, until its within a year or something around that when it's needed.

And the other anonymous doesn't make any sense. Having a longer school year loses focus, when school's mark you down for focus loss? If having focus is the main cause of 'failure' then life would be a heck lot easier. And where's your evidence when you state, "Students have a natural tendency of losing interest or steam when studying for a certain period of time, (DEFINE PLEASE).... by the middle of the year students are already starting to feel overworked and start to procrasinate to gain some more free non-stressful time to themselves." First of all, kids procrasinate all the time. Unless your just plain dumb, you probably don't know what modern school is like because it's been a while since you have experienced school. And non-stressful times is still stressful when you procrasinate-and yet again you have no evidence or even a source of where you got this opinion and feelings from. So how is your point even valid, if you are just stating opinions. Please learn how to debate as this website requires valid debating skills.

• Teachers Need Money

For the people who say that school sucks, think about the teachers. They have families, and lets face the facts: they really don't get paid enough. With them having to juggle the costs of taxes, kids needs, and a bunch of other jobs, they need more work time, and guess what? They don't enjoy watching you write essays! They're there to feed their families, people!

• More School Breaks!

In Australia and the UK, they have a 12 month school year.
    Every 2 months they have a week of vacation, they have a break so throughout the school year, they have 6 weeks/42 days and their summer break is 6 weeks, so in total they have 12 weeks and 84 days.

• Schools the life

The reason that most kids dont like school is beacuse the students are rude or werid,the teachers are mean or useless and last the students that dont like school is the way he is or she. They should be longer days since you get the same education as normal but u just get a esetion

• Who doesn't want to go to school?

Who wouldn't want to go to school? School is a place where you can have so many friends and this means more social skills.Also, school teaches you many things that are important to your career and your daily life.In addition,if school was shorter kids will always be nagging their parents to go somewhere to go but at school they have EXCURSIONS!!!

• Yes I do.

I strongly agree the school day/hours should be longer. Why? Because if you think about it you could learn more materials. You could have more experience in school, plus you would have even better people and communication skills. I guarantee you if you were to give a test to the kids that have longer school hours and the regular school day kids, half of the kids who go to school more would pass that test no problem.

• School Year Lengthening

Think about it. So many kids are losing so much over summer that schools are paying to teach them. Teachers are the ones spending time to teach kids that aren't really learning anything in reality. Maybe at the time, but in the end, most kids forget what they learn. We have to stop running this cycle. We need to stop NOW. We need to stop this. This is my point, because we are losing are future's education. These kids are our future. Let's make it brighter.

• Yes

They should extend the school year but give longer breaks in the middle of the year. This would prevent students from loosing information that they learn over a school year. It would also give the students an opportunity to have a longer break in the middle of the year and go on vacation then.

• If it is longer it will give the chance for kids to lern more that there not good at.

If its not longer and thay have summer it is likely thay will lose all thay knew from the last year . Like i did and it took me awile to lern it aigan so that is why the school year should be longer .Thank you for reading this and i like pie

• Just kidding bruh

I DARE YOU TO EXTEND IT !!!! ITS STUPID that U wOULD lidifj fufuff fuf fiuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fuf fu fuf fuff fuf fufufuf fuf fuf fjf jf fjf fjf jf jf jfi fjf jf jfj ffuck nooooooooo oo ooo oo oo o o

• Longer School year, less focus!!

Students have a natural tendency of losing interest or steam when studying for a certain period of time. By the middle of the year students are already starting to feel overworked and start to procrastinate to gain some more free non-stressful time to themselves. Students find themselves falling further and further behind and begin to slack. If the school year was longer this effect would be magnified.

• School is not interesting; Thus, school year shouldn't be extended.

School is so boring and I would rather do a lot of other things with my time than waste it in a classroom learning about stuff taht I will never use later in life. That is just my thought and every other teenager in the world so you can take that into consideration.

• No, Kids Need The Time Off

No, the school year should not be extended. Many teens use the summer to work and earn money for clothes, cars and college. It would be wrong and unfair to take this time away from them. The experience they gain by working through the summer is beneficial as it will help prepare them for life after school. Becoming responsible adults is just as important as being educated.

• Not at all!!!!!!

HECK NO! Our school year is way toooooooo long!!!! We don't need a longer school year!! I would die if the year was extended!!! Would you live? I didn't think so!!! So don't judge me!!! There for my answer is NO!!!!!!!! I don't know what else to say but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Nbbb bhhh hh

I think we should extend the school no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn hhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh hjjjjjjjjj hhhhhhhh hhhhhh yhhhhhhhhhh no no no no no non no no no no non no no no no no;k htkkkkbvvyg bgdb gggeg vbfbgfdhhhhhhhh hbhhbhb h m the cat no

• I dont think we should have an extended scholl year

I think this because we wont get to spend time with our family and friends. Another reason is that we already have enough projects and homework to do why make us do more. That is exactly why i think we should not have an extended school year. Thank you very much.

• No no no

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• No no no

• No no no

Anonymous says2013-04-15T14:13:58.973
Kids should not have a longer school year thats what i think because kids want to have time with other people at home and i think kids get sick of school and homework every day
ctd97 says2013-05-04T14:34:06.093
I agree even though i havent been in school for twelve years it is important to get an education but some of the infromation will not be used later in life all the students deserve summer vacation and a normal length school year