Should the Smart and Dumb kids be in different Classes

Asked by: Clutcher04
  • Yes, but I would word it differently

Differences in intelligence only become obvious when the complexity of the material increases. Elementary school students spend most of their time learning simple tasks: basic reading, writing, math and how to sit still. It is only necessary to put extremely intelligent or profoundly impaired elementary school students in separate classes. In middle school and high school, the complexity of many courses, especially science and math increases. This is when it is necessary to separate students based on their congenital academic ability. My suggestions assume every student wants to learn, which is a big assumption. Students with IQs below 85, 15% of the population should consider vocational training. Students with IQs of 85 to 100, or 34% of the population should take basic high school courses. Students with IQs of 100 to 115, again 34% of the population should take honors courses. Students with IQs above 115, 15% of the population would benefit from AP or IB courses. Students who are very intelligent (above 145) or very impaired (below 55) should go to separate schools whose offerings are commensurate with their abilities.
    Immutable differences in intelligence are real and have a great impact on a student's ability to learn. Putting a student with an IQ of 70 (3rd percentile) in a math class with a student with an IQ of 130 (97th percentile) creates tremendous difficulties. The teacher could teach at level which a student with an IQ of 100 could understand, but the student with an IQ of 70 would fail miserably and the student with an IQ of 130 would be wasting his or her time and probably fall asleep.
    Separating students by ability is the only way to ensure that less intelligent students stay in school and highly intelligent students reach their potential. Every student could take courses that do not require much intelligence. Courses such as gym, health and typing should have students of all abilities. Viscerally, it sounds pleasant to provide every student with equal instruction in an attempt to make all students equal. In reality, when you put every student in the same class the dumb students get crushed and smart students are bored.

• Yes, They should be seperated

They should be in different classes because all a smart student gets from a dumb one is a slower learning experience because the smart students teacher is slowed down by the dumb student. Imagine your in a classroom and the teacher is stuck talking to a student about 2 x 32=64 when your ready to learn trigonometry.

• Yes they should be in different classes

They should because if the dumb kids are falling behind and the teacher has to help them, The smart kids do not get the enrichment they need. It helps the smart people get challenges. It also relieves stress on teachers. It helps all of the children and boosts the overall test scores and development in classes.

• Yes I definitely agree

The attention of 'dumb' kids and 'smart' kids are not balanced. Plus when us kids get split up in groups, the "dumb" kids are with a "smart" kid. The "dumb" kids will just free load of the ones that actually try and solve the problem. So that's why I think they should be in separate classes.

• Yes I definitely agree

• Im to dub two b wif da smart kidz,

Im two dub i got nun smatic particlz plz halp? I gon ned lat of edacuton butt de udder kidz r to smart four my, if i got my on specal clas i wuld be berry appy, plz liten 2 me i iz very impoordant, me daddy uber rich n bedder dan u and yours, gg deal wih it pece

• No, no way

They shouldn´t separe them because if you separe them tehy cannot learn new things from the others. Is like if you separe boys and girls, is a stupid thing.
    In my opinion I think you shouldn´t separe them.
    I am agree with the people that vote that they shouldn´t be separed.

• No, no way

• No, no way

• No, no way

• No, no way

• IT will not,

Benefit the "dumber" kids being in a different class. If they are in the same class they can learn off each other and help each other learn new things. Just because you think they know everything doesn't mean they can't learn anything from the "dumber" kids. There for they should not be separated from each other. And as well it could make some kids feel bad and push themselves to try hard witch could build up a lot of stress.

• No way children should be separated

Do you wonder why Finland has the best education system in the world? They focus on teamwork by students. Children are born to be different from other children and don't you think dumb kids can learn from smart kids and smart kids can learn from dumb kids, so both can benefit from one another, and makes school much more enjoyable for the both. Besides, it is better to train teachers to be better by neglecting memorization as a key factor on grades and base it more on understanding and. School activities can especially group activities could show leadership between children, as leadership does not require a person to know Sin Cos Tan Sec Csc Cot. This is just my opinion.

• No - that would be segregation.

Like someone mentioned here, it essentially removes a student's opportunity to learn from others. Moreover, it creates a feeling of inferiority within the "dumber" kids; this in turn can lead to problems such as low self-esteem and a general lack of confidence. Frankly, I do not think the students are to blame; after all, all students come from different mindsets, and thus have different IQs. Instead, no student should be segregated based on their academic abilities; it is the teachers that have to find a way to teach that will suit everyone's learning needs.

• They should not

It removes the opportunities to progress from the students qualified as dumb when in reality every person thinks in a different way, we need to increase our school system, not the quality about children. Also exceptional kids can be increased a class level if they are very fast and good, so being with regular or "dumb" children does not harm them. It is basically segregating kids on test results-