Should the solid red lights on top of radio towers be changed to blinking lights to prevent the death of birds?

• Yes, of course.

Those lights help pilots see the huge metal structures that can reach 1,000 feet into the air — but they can spell disaster for birds. In 1976 in Gun Lake, Michigan, one tower killed over 2,300 birds in one night! If that many are dying at one night at one tower and yet there are thousands of towers across the country and as you go across the world, the numbers are staggering.

• Yes, that will be a good idea.

Changing the red lights on top of radio towers to blinking lights to prevent the death of birds will be a good move that will prevent death of birds. When he red light is blinking it is most likely the the birds will avoid the area because it will passive that as a threat hence the need to change direction.

• No they shouldn't

I do not think the solid red lights on top of radio towers should be changed to blinking lights to prevent the death of birds. Firstly, I can not see how changing them to blinking ones is going to prevent them from dying. I am assuming they are flying at the light, surely have a blinking light will only make it worse. Secondly, it will cost a massive amount of money that I personally see is unnecessary..

• You can't avoid everything.

At the end of the day, there is no way to protect every animal from the presence of humans. Humans have great technology. There are things that we need to do to live in the world. There are birds that get hit by wind energy windmills, too. Sometimes these things are sad but unavoidable.