Should the state be allowed to use eminent domain to promote private enterprise?

• Yes, I think they should

I think the states and government in general should be allowed to pursue anything that brings a better idea or subject to the people,but if it doesn't there need to be checks and balances put into place. I can't stand when favors are made in the name of the corrupt.

• Emminent domain isn't license to steal

Eminent domain should not be used by the state to promote private enterprise Eminent domain is a legal maneuver that should be used much less often than it is currently used. It should only be used in situations where there is absolutely no alternatives available, and then only is situations where the public good is unambiguous.

• No, absolutely not

Eminent domain laws are some of the most disgusting I've ever seen. And do you know where they started? With the Native Americans. The US government saw resources on their land and decided it was their right to take it in order to better the union. You don't just take someone's land.

• No, eminent domain should not be used to promote private enterprise.

Eminent domain should only be used in the most extreme circumstances. Things like public utilities or roadways qualify for eminent domain, though only when all other alternatives have been exhausted. Seizing property from one citizen to give (or sell) it to another is not ethical or just, regardless of how much the surrounding community could benefit economically.