Should the Tea Party change its mind about marijuana?

• What mind are you changing? Taxed Enough Already

There is No one mind to change. The Tea Party is a amalgamation of many individuals and groups. Brought together by high Taxes. Hence the name
    Taxed
    Enough
    Already
    Many different people from all walks of life and lifestyles. Came together to protest the loss of freedom in America today.

Taxed
    Enough
    Already

• The claims they make have no supporting citations.

Prescription drug use is rampant. Stop the war on drugs. Marijuana does not kill, in fact it may cure some cancer. the National Institute of Health thinks so. Why do you want to withhold the cure to cancer? In my state 63 percent say yes to legalizing marijuana. Jury nullification.

• Yes, they should be supporting more freedom for the individual.

The Tea Party should change their mind about marijuana policy. In fact, they should already be on the side of making it legal in America. The Tea Party claims to want smaller government and more freedoms for the individual. Making marijuana legal is actually more in line with these values than keeping it illegal is.

• They Really Should

To make any type of impact, the tea party will have to get off of their strict right wing values. I know they can't go full liberal, but they do need to budge on some issues. I think changing their mind or marijuana should be that issue. It could help.

• Yes, But It Depends On The Faction

Conservative "Tea Party" activists are not a monolithic block of voters, and it seems that their attitudes towards drugs are not wholly defined. There are libertarians who think drug and marijuana laws need to be changed and liberalized. I agree with them. I think the social conservatives, though, who think more drug laws need enactment are the people who should change their minds.

Posted by: rpr
  • No, the Tea Party should not change its mind about marijuana.

I'm a liberal and against marijuana being legal. Legalizing marijuana would both support and encourage the drug cartels throughout the world. Most arguments are "Well, they're just going to get it some other way!". Well then, let's make drunk driving legal, since they're just going to do it anyways, too! Oh, wait. That's a bad idea.