Should the term limits for federal officials be lifted?

• Term limits create abuse of power

Lawmakers seem to cater to the people who can afford to fund the most money for their elections. Federal officials kind of have to do this if they want to get reelected. The lifting of term limits would allow federal officials to focus on solving problems for everyone and make things that must easier.

• Federal Officials Limits

I personally think that America's first president, George Washington, started the tradition of informal presidential term limits by refusing to run for a third term (and originally did not even want to run in the first place, much less for a second term). The short-lived Confederate States of America adopted a six-year term for their President and Vice-President and barred the President from seeking reelection. That innovation was endorsed by many American politicians after the American Civil War, most notably by Rutherford B. Hayes in his inaugural address

• Term limits serve a purpose

It is often argued that term limits are senseless in a democratic system, since a favorable candidate should be allowed to serve so long as it is the will of the people. However, a lack of term limits opens the door to significant political corruption, wherein a particular seat can easily be bought by a political machine. It has happened in the past, and it continues to happen now. Term limits do serve a purpose.

• No, I don't believe the Federal Term limits for officials should be lifted.

I believe that term limits are a necessary and good thing in our system of Government, I believe over time a politician can become corrupt and content in his position and does not do as effective as a job as the citizens he represents would expect, I believe eventually get new people with new ideas in office can only benefit society as a whole.

• No, term limits should not be lifted for federal officials.

I think that it would be dangerous if federal officials were not given a term limit to how much time they can govern an office, etc. I think giving them a limited amount of time helps to motivate them to do as good of a job as possible during their terms.