• It's about time someone put a stop to this expensive unnecessary craze!

It's is obvious to everyone that in high school people are saving for college and unnecessary expenditure is not encouraged. I don't think High School Prom helps a teenager/young adult or their parents in any positive way. Instead it encourages negative thinking and activities. Why don't the school have a get together at an orphanage or old folks home or other fundraising or charity events instead, to teach teenager the value of life. Or have a sport event at school to encourage team work, healthy mind and body! Having fun or healthy socializing is not expensive, we were kids too and had lots of fun as kids running around, cycling, and playing games, outdoor sports, loving nature etc.

Posted by: Sikh
  • Yes proms and dances should be abolished

Schools should be for academics and establishing a desired career path, not for parties, dating, and getting knocked up. Schools that stress the latter need to expect to rank lower in overall academic scores on a national and global level. There is plenty of time for adult activities once students graduate from school and get a job. It's called growing up first before just acting grown-up.

• Ridiculous tradition, do away with them!

I did not attend my high-school proms (in the 1960s). I thought they were stupid then, and my opinion has not changed. Getting a date for those who are less socially oriented or shy can be very difficult. It creates a great deal of anxiety and low self-esteem in those who are socially awkward or less social.

• Prom encourages bad behaviour

Many high school teens have sex or do drugs after to prom. It is just ridiculous that a school, which is supposed to be devoted to receiving an education and becoming a better person, is hosting this type of outrageous party. Prom should be abolished to give teens a better sense of what the world actually is. The school should stop spending money on the prom and use it to build a better education system. The US seriously lacks in all areas, especially mathematics and science.

• yes they should

Why are invisible straps allowed? I read an article recently on how a school banned strapless dressed, but allowed invisible straps. Tell me how does that work? Most people can keep a strapless dress on properly without any use of straps. And for crying out loud, it's a prom! That's the only time people could wear strapless dresses without covering up their shoulders and being able to wear occasional dance/prom dresses near school-related events.

• I say yes

I say yes because this is really important to some people. Like me i look forward to going to prom when i am that age because it celebrates you and others. My brother went to prom and he loved it. SO GO TO PROM AND ENJOY IT YOU WILL LIKE

• Waste of time

There is no logical reason why pathetic people must satiate their desperate need for social interaction. As to why people cannot possibly conceive the thought of being alone is beyond me. And honestly, the drama, the money, the clothes and everything else that is fake, is a huge waste of time. I can't stand watching people going off to problem. What social sheep, just following the crowd, blending in and too afraid to stand out and be different.

• Prom for the privileged

Its my belief that couples in high school have the ability to date on their on. Relationships should be a personal thing. Not everyone can participate in a official prom dance. Some don't have the money while others don't have social standing. Established proms can make these individuals feel left out or even worse feel less important. I was never interested in seeing the "star couples'" announced as if they had won a award for dating each other. I found that the entire thing was just a way to empower the haves and another stab at the have nots. If couples want to get together away from school and celebrate there romances fine by me. I say have fun. The people who don't have a date or the money to fork out for the expense should not be put in the position to feel like they are less because they can't participate.

• Outdated tradition ! Should be a formal dance 💃

Outdated tradition from 1950s when girls dated to look for a husband in high school to get married at 19. Stupid and degrading. Now women are working hard to get good grades and get into good schools, not getter married young. It should just be a formal dance where everyone can have fun ! I’m a feminist always! 😀

• Outdated tradition !

• Prom should be banned

Prom should be banned. School is not for dating it is for study. Instead to arrange educational sessions to make them understand college education, further studies etc. To organize one day as volunteer day to help underpriviledged people or to help environment ,animals etc. In short something which helps others and themselves.

• Prom should be banned

• Prom, the dance that IS WORTH IT

Memories are treasured throughout the world. You will always remember, with these, your favorite moments.
    What better than prom to make some?
    Not everybody has good moments during prom. Maybe your dress is ruined. Maybe the drinks are horrible. Maybe you get embarrassed. But, these are all moments which you can laugh at and connect too. At least one part of prom will go wrong. Chances are, you will get upset about it. Just acknowledge the fact that prom isn't like the ones in movies. There are so many good parts to prom, moments with friends, dancing, and sometimes even the food!
    "But, if your plan is to have a fun and memorable night with the friends you’ve made over the years, share some laughs and dance like no one is watching, you’re likely to have a great time. You don’t have to lower your expectations to the bottom of the barrel, but just realize that nothing happens like the movies, and your prom is no different."
    ~https://studydemic.Com/is-prom-worth-it/
    There are still good parts to prom, including dances and friends. Maybe the prom isn't in top shape, but remember: all that matters is having fun. Making memories is one point of prom and why it is beneficial.

• Last time seeing your friends

I will be attending Junior & Senior prom. I am a sophmore, but i wont be spending that much money if i do my own makeup, get a cheap dress now, get some shoes from my mom's closet, my mom has a hair salon, so she can do my hair for free, and i will be driving already ... I don't see the problem honestly.

• I love it!!!

It is one of the best thing that could happen to a senior or a junior, it is a great socializing tool too. Bow ties, fancy dresses, limousines its an high school dream. I would never want to miss my prom no matter what.It is an great experience!!! # prom

• I ts a old tradition that will live on forever

In the United States, a promenade dance, most commonly called a prom, is a semi-formal (black tie) dance or gathering of high school students. This event is typically held near the end of the senior year (the last year of high school). Proms figure greatly in popular culture and are major events among high school students. High school juniors attending the prom may call it "junior prom" while high-school seniors may call it "senior prom". In practice, this event may be a combined junior/senior dance.

At a prom, a Prom King and Prom Queen may be revealed. These are honorary titles awarded to students elected in a school-wide vote prior to the prom, and seniors are usually awarded these titles.[1] Other students may be honored with inclusion in a "Prom Court." The selection method for a Prom Court is similar to that of Homecoming Queen/Princess, King, and Court. Inclusion in a Prom Court may be a reflection of popularity of those students elected and their level of participation in school activities, such as clubs or sports.[2][3] The Prom Queen and Prom King may be given crowns to wear. Members of the Prom Court may be given sashes to wear and photographed together.[4]

Similar events take place in many other parts of the world. In Australia and New Zealand, the terms school formal, and ball are most commonly used for occasions equivalent to the American prom, and the event is usually held for students in senior years, although the bestowing of the regal titles rarely, if ever, occurs. Many schools hold a formal graduation ball for finishing students at the end of the year in place of or as well as a formal. In Ireland a debutante ball or Debs may also be held. In Poland high schools organize a "studniówka". The term "prom" is becoming more common in the UK and Canada[citation needed] because of the influence of American films and television shows.

• This really great you should read it!!

I am sorry for all you people that do not like prom because you probably did not have a prom date!! :0 :) :)
    you also are going to show all you kids your cool prom pictures which you dont have any!!! :0 :) :0
    well by and i feel sorry for you :(
    .
    .
    .

• Prom is great you should always go

well by and i feel sorry for you :(
    .
    .
    .

• Prom is great

well by and i feel sorry for you :(
    .
    .
    .

• Prom is great

well by and i feel sorry for you :(
    .
    .
    .