• The US needs to do away with Farm Subsidies!

By doing this, we can 1. Get rid of Illegal Aliens, working on farms. Maybe they will go back to their country. 2. Stop GMO's being used in our food. And 3. Stop the Factory Farming, that is causing so much harm in the animals. This is price control people! This is what the Soviets did to their people. It does not work! This is why sugar, in the US is so high. It's cheaper to get sugar from South America, then here.

• The economy needs it

First of all the money could be used to help the U.S economy I'm not saying they should get rid of them I'm just saying to lower them.Like the first paragraph the say it's often going to the wrong people like to people who don't need the farm subsidies to the people who do need them.

• Yes, we should.

These subsidies often go to the wrong people. Rich farmers do not need money to make them richer. Poor farmers could use the money, but they are often not the people getting the subsidies, but rather large corporations. Corporate welfare is just a type of welfare that helps the people who need it the least. I would rather see that money spent on the people.

• Replace it with loans

If a farmer is struggling, like a college student, make an affordable loan program. Limit the factory farming so small farmers can have a chance. If cheap imports are causing problems, don't import them. If a crop is not profitable, the farmers need to switch crops. I don't really understand any subsidy. Why do subsidies exist? Aren't they just hand outs to business people? If I don't make enough in one year in my job, can I have a subsidy? I think they really are corporate welfare.

• Promotes foods that people should not be eating.

As long as the prices for corn, soy, and wheat are ultra low people will purchase products containing them. These three ingredients have no business being a part of the human diet and are likely the cause for many of our medical issues. People will buy whatever is cheapest and when we allow the cheapest foods to be garbage we are doing everyone a disservice.

• Farm subsidies are destroying American farming.

Farming used to be done by families, or small corporate groups of farmers. This is still the image that everyone has of farming. Most farming now is done by corporations that are, more often than not, paid by the government not to grow crops in order to keep the costs of their goods artificially high. The American taxpayer pays more for food and is also charged an arm and a leg to help keep the costs of that food high. Ending farm subsidies would ease this problem.

• Yes, the U.S. should do away with farm subsidies.

I think the government is spending too much money on farm subsidies, we are in a federal budget crisis and we need to start cutting wasteful programs like this. In my opinion farm subsidies are no longer necessary, and instead of going to small farms it is going to big businesses that do not need the money.

• Yes

Almost all of agriculture in the US is owned by a small elite, and these farm subsidies amount to nothing more than corporate welfare. Besides, demand for their goods has always remained high, so from an economic viewpoint the subsidies appear meaningless. Overall, we need to stop bailing out the wealthy.

• Babies need Soybeans!

Well if you've got a baby that can't eat regular milk, its going to need some baby formula. If there is no soybeans and no wheat, you can't get the baby formula or the baby food that they need. Without it, the baby will not have a great shot at life.

• We Need Farmers

Throwing away farm subsidies will only create a bigger problem within the food industry. We depend on farmers to receive food and Ag related products. The subsidies may seem like a lot of money, but in comparison to the amount the average farmer is paying to keep their farm going, the subsidies are merely a helpful shove.

• Don't outsource our farmers too

Farm subsidies should not be done away with, in my opinion. We have become far too dependent on other countries for things we need in our daily lives and without some of these subsidies, basic foods could quickly be added to the list. Supporting farmers, in the end, will help the country maintain a more consistent food supply.

• America will die from this

The problem with doing away with these is that many farmers would lose everything due to taking away farm subsidies. Many farmers have become dependent on the subsidies to be able to stop having them. This would send our country into a tailspin and destabilize the economy again and ruin america.

• America will die from this

• We need food people

All of our food has to come from somewhere, without the farms and farmers we wouldn't have places or people to grow and provide our food. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't like to have to constantly fend for yourselves and rely on your knowledge and skill to eat. These farmers use this money to pay bills and buy the equipment that harvests and makes your meals possible, so yes they should remain an option for farmers in need.