• Egypt is Corrupt. We MUST STOP SENDING AID!

Egypt has not killed and tortured many of its own citizens because of religious minorities. The military has not rolled over hundreds of the very citizens they were supposed to be protecting! Egypt is not a gross violator of human rights and therefore I believe that the U.S needs to not draw their 1.5 billion dollars from aid toward Egypt. ($1.3 of that 1.5 billion money goes to the military who are not killing there own citizens.)

• Egypt is committing horrible human rights abuses... It must stop!

Egypt has tortured is own citizens because of religious minorities.
    Egypt's military has also rolled over many of its own citizens who they are supposed to be protecting! Hundreds of citizens have been killed for no reason! We MUST STOP GIVING AID TO EGYP! Giving aid to Egypt makes the U.S look bad and undermines our authority.

• Egypt is corrupt!

Egypt is a corrupt and terrible nation. It kills and tortures its own citizens. The U.S should not send aid to a nation like this. The Egyptian military has repeatedly rolled over its own citizen for no reason. Egypt tortures its own citizens for religious minorities. The U.S should STOP sending Military aid to a nation that is committing such atrocious human rights abuses

• The US is breaking its own laws!

By sending this aid to Egypt, we break our own laws. We're not supposed to give money to a country whose leader was put in power by the military, or whose previous leader was overthrown. And further, Egypt just got over coup; also illegal for the US to continue aid. Our president CANNOT shrug this off; it's violating the law he swore to enforce.

• Ending military aid to Egypt IS the answer!

Egypt will be receiving money from other countries. (and a lot of it too) I'm positive that Egypt will understand that the U.S. in deeply in debt and they will let us stop sending money. Everyone who says no, I politely disagree. I'm sorry, but when I grow up I don't want to pay taxes for Egypt.

• Egypt isn't American Soil

The US has no business taking sides in arguments in Middle East countries. Americans become too involved in too many conflicts that aren't any of their business, and they still can't feed the poor at home or take care of their own health care crisis. American dollars should be spent on Americans, not wars on foreign soil.

• Yes, the U.S. Should end military aid to every country

The U.S. Should keep their noses out of other countries internal affairs. Countries should be able to self determine what they want and not have some foreign power back one side. These protest will more then likely turn into something similar to the Syrian Civil War where the U.S. Backs the jihadist and the secular forces are corned in a position to bow to U.S. Interest.

• In the Circle

I find it interesting that, while the Muslim Brotherhood were present in Egypt, we kept the $1 billion and F-16s flowing in regular aid. But, now that the Muslim Brotherhood is being booted out, Obama is "secretly stopping aid to Egypt." Is what's happening not abundantly clear to everyone? Obama is clearly in "the circle," and he's choosing to aid the Brotherhood wherever they are. The "Syrian rebels" are a branch of al-Qaeda, called al-Nusra, and they're everything this country has always chosen to stay away from. We cut the aid to Egypt, and use that money to give OUR MILITARY veterans the benefits they deserve.

• It is even wrong to take money from Americans and give to Egypt

Absolutely NOT.
    I would use that 1.5 Billion dollar to pay Medical expenses for those who lost their legs in Iraq.
    Or
    I would reduce the deficit by 1.5 Billion every year.

Or
    I will just pay that money for company that produce weapon for free if Americans are dependent on that aid.

Or

I will give a break for American tax payers.

America supply weapon for dictators so that they can kill their own people In the name of foreign policy. Stop sending money to all foreign countries and use the money to help the tax payers.

• Yes, but it all foreign aid.

I favor cutting foreign aid to Egypt, but this should include all other nations. I wonder why this wasn't an issue with a terrorist organization running their government. Americans shouldn't be taxed for the benefit of foreign governments that they didn't elect. As for the broader topic, people fail to understand that Islam is an ideology that has existed for over 1,400 years steeped in aggressive imperialism, mass murder, conquest, and slavery. If the Egyptian people want to push back against such an organization with that ideology...More power to them.

• We should not because Egypt is our only 'close' ally besides Israel.

Egypt is our only ally in the northern-Africa/lower middle east. Also, the situation with Egypt torturing their people is not as bad as it seems. People act like they are literally taking people and torturing them. That is not true. I'm not saying that they are an angelic country, im just saying the situation is not as it seems. We also get a lot of oil from Egypt and if we stop sending aid, gas prices are going to SKYROCKET!

• We should continue

We should continue its tough for them right now just think they just got over a coup! And with all the rioting jeez they need it tons we should continue sending money for the better of Egypt it will truly help their education,Health, and military. So send on america send on

• The constitution is clear

In a coup THE US CONSTITUTION STATES THAT AIDS SHALL STOP (not may or should) but is worded in the affirmative SHALL (as in will). To continue aid to Egypt is a violation of the constitution of the United States of America, the document that the elected officials have promised to defend and protect

• Each nation must take care of themselves first.

If they do not, they are open to all sorts of problems. Policing the world is causing major economic problems plus pissing people off, and rightfully so. If people were killing Americans based on bad inteligence and a certain politicians daddy issues (cough, Bush Jr.), all Hell would break loose. Messing with Iran caused Iranians to totlaly hate us.

• The US should not get involved.

The US should not get involved and here's why: currently the protesters are backing President Morsi who of which is from the Muslim Brotherhood Party and this Party is looking to impose Sheria Law on it's citizens cause death and destruction for Jews, Christians, and homosexuals living in that nation, but it will also cause a war with Turkey. On the otherside is a coup and I don't think we should support them either.

• For US interests no

From my personal view the US should stop sending military aid
    but from the view of the US that wants to keep power in Egypt I can understand why no.
    The military is supported by the majority of it's population and seem to have the situation
    under control.
    I'm guessing the US is also not too found of having the Muslim Brothers at power.

• Continuing aid to Egypt benefits US national security

Recently, the egypitian military ousted president Mohammed Morsi and took control of the government. Usually, this would mean tat the US would spend all aid to the country. However, the New York Times on July 25th explains that The Obama administration has concluded it is not legally required to determine whether the egyptian military engineered a coup d' etat in ousting for Mohamed Morsi. This will allow the US to continue to funneling 1.5 billion in American aid to Egypt each year. The US foreign policy of continuing aid to Egypt creates 5 benefits to our national security

• No, it would be a mistake.

The U.S. shouldn't end military aid to Egypt, but should back off a bit in its support. It seems that some are concerned that our aid to Egypt could backfire, but to simply withdraw our support altogether, after Egypt has been a large receiver of U.S. military aid, would send the wrong message and make us look capricious.