Should the U.S. government have released illegal immigrants before budget cuts?

• Yes, they should be released.

In my opinion, The two have nothing to do with the other. Illegal immigrants should be released and sent back home, or go through the process of becoming a US citizen. However, the budget cuts have nothing to do with this matter. America, the once richest country, is in so much debt.

• Yes, release them now.

The truth of the matter is, we as a nation are very close to being completely broke. As such, we really cannot afford all of the current expenses that we have. I think that releasing all of the illegal immigrants currently in custody before the budget cuts is a good idea all around.

• No, It Needs To Be A Case By Case Issue

This is a complex issue, and sometimes a yes or a no answer may not be enough. Some of the illegal immigrants currently in the court system are innocent. However, there are illegal immigrants who have committed crimes, and the last thing one wants to do is pot those people out on the street.

Posted by: rpr
  • I do not think that matters.

I do not for the life of me understand why the American government needs to chastise people and go as far as imprisoning people for doing nothing other than being from another country. If someone is living within otherwise legal lifestyles there is no need to punish those people just because they were born in the wrong area.