Should the U.S. government safeguard the interests of its citizens and do more to stop companies from sending jobs abroad?

• "Charity begins at home" and home is right here. STOP businesses from sending jobs abroad and keep it here where it rightfully belongs!

In the 90's, Republicans (Reagan) was the one who approved for businesses to be sent abroad. Then the WAR freaks, Bush Senior and Junior followed through and carried on this policy. They led our economy into a big chaos of nothing but trillions in deficit! STOP jobs abroad, keep it here!

• The U.S. government should safeguard the interests of its citizens and do more to stop companies from sending jobs abroad, especially due to the state of our economy.

The U.S. government should safeguard the interests of its citizens and do more to stop companies from sending jobs abroad. Today, when the economy is in such dire straits, and people are losing jobs at an alarming rate, the U.S. government should do what they can to safeguard the jobs of its citizens, and prevent them from going abroad.

Posted by: AverageHoward86
  • Yes, because we need to keep jobs here in America.

Yes, we need to bring jobs back to American and keep jobs in America. It is totally stupid that we outsource, just to save a buck. You keep hearing "buy American", and this is impossible because everything is made somewhere else. And, I've noticed that even the stickers on fruits and veggies are more often from a different country than ours. We can't even grow our own fruits and veggies? I hate to think of the jobs that are outsourced. Even though I'm considered "overqualified" for many of the jobs, I'm at a point where I would take one now, just to be able to work.

Posted by: PointlessElbert47
  • The United States government should do more to safeguard domestic jobs, as it should put the interests of the American people over multinational corporations.

The United States government does relatively little to protect the job interests of its own citizens. By lowering all trade barriers, American workers cannot compete with foreign rivals who have less regulations and no organized labor. American companies are forced to relocate jobs overseas in order to remain competitive and, thus, American workers lose out.

Posted by: EminentBennett93
  • I support keeping jobs here; I feel the only way our country is going to pull out of this recession is to get our people to work.

Creating and keeping jobs in the US is the key to a healthy economy. Not only does it ease the tax burden of social programs such as food stamps and welfare, but when people are working they have money to spend, which in turn stimulates the economy. Workers making a living wage are also less inclined to participate in certain criminal activities, such as burglary or embezzlement.

Posted by: ezuana
  • I agree the U.S. government needs to protect its citizens, because our unemployment rate is out of control.

It would be wonderful if jobs were stopped from going to abroad. Imagine how many more people could be employed. But, at the end of the day, the company is looking at making a profit. Why wouldn't they send jobs overseas, if someone is willing to do it for less? However, if the government provided an incentive for keeping it local, then that would prompt the companies from going abroad.

Posted by: StripperMor
  • The U.S. government needs to do more to keep companies in the United States, because it is vital to our economic future.

It is vital to the future of the American economy that the outsourcing of major jobs is curtailed. The United States needs to do more to attempt to keep companies from taking their business overseas. It is not fair to the American people to allow companies to hire workers who don't realize that they are severely underpaid. Eventually, these companies will have it all turn around on them when the overseas workers are not happy with the pay. But until that point, we need to fight it as a country.

Posted by: M0r3Interior
  • Yes the U.S. government should do more to safeguard the jobs of its citizens, because if no one in America has a job, then no one will pay the taxes that keep the government going.

A government is supported by its people, not the other way around. If no one in America has a job, it means the government does not get their income tax. If no one has a job, no one has any money to spend, meaning no sales tax. Unless the U.S. government wants to be supported by only the taxes of the super rich in America, it has to protect its workforce. Otherwise, it will have no middle class to tax.

Posted by: H_Baird
  • Yes, because we need more jobs for the U.S. workers, and more pay.

It should be against the law to have our factories in other countries. And it should be against the law to take advantage of the people in these countries, with their low wages, and then expect us to pay high prices for their goods. It is not only a crime, but should be a sin.

Posted by: lachienfemme
  • The U.S. government does need to start working for the good of its citizens and do more to prevent companies from exporting jobs overseas and elsewhere.

We have seen more and more companies laying off workers here and hiring workers overseas. I am frankly fed up with this and believe that something needs to be done to get them to start hiring more Americans. I believe that offering tax breaks for hiring American workers is a start. I also would like to see all of the nations of the world work together to force the big corporations to spend some of their huge profits in developing jobs for those who reside in their nations of origin, and to be forced to contribute money to heal the communities they injured when they pulled out of them in the quest for more and more inexpensive workers to exploit. I believe that corporations should be rewarded for good behavior and punished for bad behavior. They must be socially responsible or face the consequences.

Posted by: SportyHart
  • I am opposed to having the government stop companies from sending jobs abroad.

History has very clearly shown that the government should work hard at insuring our constitution is being followed, and if corrections are necessary, at passing legislation to make adjustments. Jobs going overseas is not, in my opinion, a government issue. The issue belongs with those sending the jobs overseas. Our government should get involved via passing import taxes on those bringing the goods back for resale that make it more cost-effective to produce the product in the USA.

Posted by: FunnyOdell