• The U.S. should have universal health care.

Every other industrialized country in the world has universal health care, and the United States should, too. It is time to reform the broken health care system and provide affordable services to all Americans. It is the role of the government to provide basic health care to all citizens so that we can have a good quality of life.

• Universal Health Care Is a Must

I believe the United States should have universal health care. For too long, we have been allowing our weak to die in the gutter. For too long, we have been denying the poor proper medical care. For too long, we have cast out a huge chunk of our society. Everyone deserves medical care, not just a select few.

• Yes, we should.

Everyone in the United States should have the right to health. It is something that should be automatic in the richest country in the world. Almost every other developed country has had universal health care in place for some time now. It is something that the United States needs in order to keep up with the standard of living in the rest of the world.

• Universal health care would benefit all

The first immediate implication of universal health care is a healthy population is generally a more productive population. When people don't have to worry about going bankrupt over medical bills they can actually put some saving away. The third major thing is taking the pressure of companies to provide health insurance for employees. They can spend more time improving their business.

• U.S. Should Have Universal Health Care

Yes, the United States should have universal health care. The Declaration of Independence lays out three inalienable rights, the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Health care is implicit in the rights to both life and the pursuit of happiness, as one cannot pursue happiness if one is ailing.

• It would bring down costs.

The reason healthcare is so large is that the US does not regulate the prices that hospitals charge! This is why there are huge price disparities depending on where you are in the US. Hospitals and insurance companies get away with murder and the uninsured are hung out to dry. I think COBRA should be repealed as I see it as unethical.

• Yes, the US should have universal health care.

Yes, I believe that the US should have universal healthcare. For anybody that has ever traveled to the United Kingdom, universal healthcare seems to be common sense. Yet, here in the United States, not only are people against universal healthcare, many don't even want to offer it to our elderly, calling it a form of socialism or communism. This dog-eat-dog attitude leaves many people vulnerable, especially those who are not as fortunate as others and cannot afford decent healthcare. Universal healthcare would be a big burden on our country's budget, but it is a burden that we should be willing to bear.

• Understanding the issue

"Universal healthcare" is such a vague term. Yes, I think we should have universal healthcare. What model should we use? I don't know. The truth is that adopting a universal healthcare plan is not a black and white, yes or no answer. Where will the revenue for the program come from? Is absolutely everyone covered or are there restrictions? What services are covered and how much of the cost is covered? These questions have varying answers depending on what we are attempting to achieve. I would say general healthcare, that is, for common ailments like a sinus infection, influenza, pneumonia, other respiratory infections and the common cold, etc. should be free to everyone who needs it. The amount of people who are sick because they don't want to pay the doc would be reduced, which is fine by me. I'm trying to stay healthy, so the less sick people running around, the better. However, I feel that there should be a screening process to determine your level of need if we are to help everyone cover the cost of expensive surgical procedures and the like. Basically, I'm just saying that there's more to be discussed beyond a simple "yes" or "no."

• Yes

There is a fine line between self responsibility and legitimate need of help that we can all come across sometime in our lives. The way we come about of doing that is debatable and very subjectively. But rather be on the safe side of providing some kind of relief for the people that need it.

• Sick People Cost Money

Yes, even if we don't that doesn't mean those with healthcare won't pay for it still. I don't have healthcare, but what happens when I get someone with healthcare sick? They will have to go to the doctor and shell out some money. People are against universal health care because this country has a long history prejudice against the poor. This prejudice puts the lives of children from families who can't afford universal health care at risk, and it can potentially break up families because a family can be ruined if it isn't covered and a member dies because of that.

• The cost is too much, and the benefits too little.

I cannot fathom how a person can look at the bloated bureaucracy which is Washington D.C. And ask for more of it. The bureaucrats can't even run the "safety nets" that we have now, and you want to ask for more? As unhealthy as people are, you cannot shift the cost of their healthcare onto the federal government, which is currently broke.

• The U.S. should not have universal health care.

The U.S. should not have universal health care. This is because of the fact that the U.S. should only provide health care for people who are not criminals or illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants and criminals don't respect the laws of America, and therefore should not receive health treatment that are results of these laws.