Should the U.S. pass the Birthright Citizenship Act so that all babies born on U.S. soil are no longer automatically made citizens?

• It's ridiculous

The amount of undocumented illegals is sick, they cross the border illegally - which makes them criminals!- just to exploit our 14th amendment.
    These unfortunate kids being born here have no right to steal taxes and attend our public schools!

This act will certainly help with our border situation!

• The U.S. should pass the Birthright Citizenship Act and not allow anyone who is born in the U.S. to automatically have citizenship.

The U.S. is about 235 years old and in that time when someone was born in the United States they were instantly a U.S. citizen. Now a new reality is upon us, with a high population in the country and a growing number of impoverished Americans. This nation already is unable to properly take care of its poor. Just as the need for the telegraph, the horse and buggy, and the VCR have all passed into history, the law automatically granting citizenship simply due to location of birth needs to be altered for the future.

Posted by: ChotAnguris
  • Invest in the Righteous people.

I believe that if immigrant's wanted to be here they should do it the right way and get their citizenship. Instead of living under the radar NOT paying taxes and collecting welfare. Most immigrants make more than those Americans who have a college degree. And the comments stating that most Americans are lazy? Seriously? I am a disabled mother of 2 and I work my butt off. I work 40hours a week go to school and am denied aid...Why? I paid takes all my adult life? Instead someone who doesn't speak English is sitting at home eating better than me and buying crap with money I invested into this country, that I sure could use right now for my kids. Ship them all back. And lets take back this nation again.

• I vote yes

It needs to be passed it is a waste of tax payers money and I'm a tax payer la la la la la a a a a a a a a a a a. A a a a a a a a a a a. A a a a a

• I vote yes

• The Americans are paranoid

So..What about adopted children from other countries? Do we ban them too? Perhaps Putin was right to stop Americans from adopting Russian children...We might all just topple the country with communism i guess...People are way too paranoid about immigration..Not a single person who started this country was born here...Americans don't even refer to being American...They all refer to their heritage of birth...Its laughable..Let the children be citizens...

• Law doesnt make sense in our time

Back in the day when the US was trying to attract immigrants, this law made sense. Times have changed. I have personally delivered babies of women who flew to the US for literally 1 week only to have their baby here so that the baby would have citizenship. There is no way you can feel that this is right.

• Citizenship of parents is citizenship of child

A child is a parents responsibility. When a child is born they belong to their family. The parents belong to their family. Citizenship is a family, it has a name, it has a home. The US is my family it is my home- I am a United States American the same as I am an Osborn. My children belong to my family and my home. Therefore, a child should not denounce their family and home based on where they were born. They are still part of their family and part of their home and their parents have not denounced their family and claimed another and been accepted by another, so, how could it be that the child is claimed by another. This doesn't seem right. My children are American because I am, I wouldn't want anyone to call them any other name and I wouldn't want anyone that hasn't denounced their country to call mine their own. My country was built on honest hard work, not by breaking the law and taking what has NOT been working for and legally attained by legal means.
    Also, it's sexist to have birthright citizenship, men can't give birth so only woman get the free pass? Seems very sexist as well !!!!

• No to automatic citizenship

Illegals are only exploiting our country because we allow them to. They hop the border to have their "anchor" babies. These babies are then eligible for our social services programs since a majority of food stamp benefits and other welfare programs go to children. They are taking advantage of our laws in order to have us pay for their children that they can not afford to. By putting an end to birthright citizenship, we would no longer need to provide benefits to children when their parents came into the nation illegally in the first place. This would free up funds to help other impoverished people within our own country’s borders. Also, many of these parents can't speak English, their children put a strain on our school systems. English as a second language programs for the Spanish speaking children siphons money from the children of legal citizens.

• I DON'T SUPPORT THIS BILL BECAUSE

If there are people coming and giving birth then it means more tax people coming in tax net.. And when economy is relaying on small number of people like 35 million then we need to pay more taxes but if we are more in number like 70 million then we need to pay lesser tax then now.

So let them come...As no one can live here without paying tax.

• Its not their fault

It is not the babies fault that they were born, you shouldn't blame them, they have the right to live here, according to the 14th Amendment they have the right to live here and you cant take that opportunity away from them, all the Americans will get affected by this , because they will have to prove that their children are American citizens, and for most citizen that will cost alot of money just to get their papers

• Constitution 14th Amendment

The 14th amendment guarantees those born on US soil the right to automatically become a citizen. When government leaders did not listen to the founding fathers, political parties originated and the US started borrowing money from other nations corruption arouse. If we do not listen to the founding fathers AGAIN, corruption will once more occur.

• The United States was founded by immigrants.

If only our founding fathers could read these post filled with such hatred. What would they say? They would probably be ashamed as am I. Yes we are facing hard times but this is no excuse. "Anchor babies" really?? I wonder which of your ancestors were these so called "Anchor Babies" unless you are of Native descent you are also a product of an "Anchor Baby".

• How are these children any different?

Every United States citizen has family who descended from them. In one point of their family history, they were all immigrants who came to the new land to have new opportunities. Why should today immigrants be treated any differently? They are giving birth to give their children a better life. If you don't agree then look at your own life. I am a United States citizen because I was born here. I never took any tests to become a citizen, I was lucky enough to have my parents as Americans. Since official U.S. citizens were just born here, why do we have the right to be called citizens? Why don't these 'anchor babies' have that right? After all we were born here, just like they were.

• Let them decide where to live

Immigrants are harder workers than Americans are. They care more about the United States than the native-born do. Immigrants will be able to boom the United States if they were given the chance to be something great. I don't see why they are denied citizenship when they have obviously earned it through their troubles of getting into the country in the first place. Their lives are much harder than an American's is.

Besides, their countries are not that expensive to live in so what is it to you all? It's about supply and demand in the end.

• There's no logic in this.

You guys on the other side aren't making a lot of sense. You keep saying that it's not fair that illegal immigrants come here and have children that are considered citizens, while you're not explaining why it's unfair. Because to be honest, I'm sure it probably would not affect you at all.

• LEAGALITY

Even if "anchor babies" are helping to bring more immigrants...they are doing it LEGALLY. (For those that fight the legality of t all) It's just an attack on illegal immigrants anyway, those of which only EARN (not take or steal) the jobs most of us "citizens" are too lazy to pursue.

• In my mind everyone that is born in the U.S. is an American.

If you're born on this soil you should be an American citizen. The U.S. was built by immigrants and we shouldn't discriminate against them and especially a baby that can have better opportunities and a chance to contribute to society.

Posted by: RobustScot82
  • I believe the Birthright Citizenship Act should not be passed, because that does not give equal opportunity to all in this country.

The Birthright Citizenship Act is borderline racist, in that it is simply a backhanded way of keeping illegal aliens out of this country and preventing their children from becoming naturalized citizens. America is built on a principal of equal opportunity for all who come here and, while the parents of an illegal alien may not be citizens, it is unfair to prevent their children from having access to all the opportunities that this country affords them.

Posted by: CompleteJerrod