• China steals jobs away from the US.

We need to keep our jobs in the US. Nobody can work if there's no jobs to work at. Who cares if your getting a bargain by buying from China. Soon you won't have a job or money to buy anything. I like getting a bargain too. But come on, you have to think of the outcome of things. You don't have to end it. Just make it even. Say like add a Tariff tax so companies will stay in the US and China. Which it's best to keep companies in their own country. US and China are not really too compatible fair as trade as one wants to rule the other. Communist and Democracy don't go together. Keep this in mind I live in the US. I believe we don't need anything to do with each other much, because that's a way to get tossed down by one or the other all the time. Come on US, I don't like seeing 42% saying no on this topic. This needs to be fixed and the only way we can do that is to say yes we don't need this in our country. By the way speaking of US being in debt with China. It's only a number counter that we post in Time Square people, Person1 " Hey brother do you remember when I loaned you some money and you said I will pay you back? I want you to pay me back now as I keep it posted on my wall.", Person2 " I don't owe you nothing and I keep it on my wall too, doesn't mean I'm going to pay you, You should have thought of that before you loaned me money". Simple as that people they was fools for loaning money to the US as it's only a number system. Same in computer programming. Just a number system. Your calendar, Just a number system. Your clock just a number system. All these things represent what people wants them too. And what's the worst can happen if we end trade? We destroy each other over this? No we will probably just be in that old Cold War state. No fear there as everyone wants to live. That's my opinion and it should be your too. Do me a huge favor and agree.

• The U.S. Needs China!

Yes. I think that us, (America) should continue doing business and trade with the country of China. I have this opinion because, Chinese products that are sent to the U.S. Give tons of space for economic growth in the U.S.. The United States imports are, electronics, clothing and many different types of machinery from China. A lot of the imports are from the U.S., are based on companies that send raw materials to China for cheap manufacturing. When they are shipped back to the U.S., they are called imports even though they are American-owned companies. When we (America) do trade with China, we don’t need to pay as much as we should. This occurs because, factory workers have very low-priced salary payments on a yearly basis. Technically, cheap pay = less money the U.S. has to pay China. This also helps with saving up both of the countries money (U.S. & China). In addition, China doesn’t need to pay too much for their supplies and equipment either. This means, they have very little supplies of what they need to make any of the products they are trading with America. But, as you can already tell, they do a pretty good job of making the products even in bad living conditions. One great advantage this gives the U.S. is, we can up sale any popular merchandise in America, all we need to do is, have China make the products and manufacture them for us.

• The U.S. Needs China!

• Yes but we need to be smarter about it.

If we sell products that are in short supply to China we can profit off that. A company in Georgia is selling chopsticks to China because they have trees used to make chopsticks in Georgia. We can use other resources like this to slice bits off our national debt, or at least hold it back a little more.

• The U.S. has no choice in trading with China.

The U.S. is currently greatly in debt to China. Trading with China helps maintain friendly relations between the two nations. Trading with China is really the only option the U.S. has right now in trying to re-gain economic stability and have a chance at someday being able to pay off its debts to China.

• China-US trade is America's life support system

First of all, stopping trade with China while the US owes them more than a trillion dollars makes absolutely no sense. That would really tick them off, making our relations with Asia's largest nation even colder than they already are. From China's standpoint, it would be economically inefficient to keep trading with America without upping their demands. If we cut trade with China, then we would suddenly find a lack of nearly all goods. Although this would bring back some manufacturing jobs (an industry that relies more and more on robots with each passing), the sudden decrease in goods sold would destroy the economy and bring the US into a full scale depression. The best solution would be to reduce trade with countries that we mostly import from, and initiate a plan to move toward a more self-sustaining country. Although a country being able to support itself is unheard of and impossible, the US needs to start striving toward this to speed up the recovery.

• Yes yes yes!!!

First off, China is one of the USA's greatest trading partner. If we cut off our trade with China, it's practically asking for the USA to become financially troubled. We need China to help our economy.Http://www.Nationsencyclopedia.Com/economies/Asia-and-the-Pacific/China-INTERNATIONAL-TRADE.Html says,"International trade has been used to bring in new equipment and technologies and to meet scarcities in the domestic economy since China has sought to modernize its economy. Exports have been used as a means of producing foreign earnings to pay for the imports. The state has sought to maintain an even balance of trade so that the country can pay for imports rather than buying on credit. With 1.2 billion people and the world's fastest growing major economy, China is hailed as potentially the "market of all markets," which has helped to attract investments from around the world at such a magnitude that China is now the second largest recipient of foreign capital (next only to the United States).

• The U.S. Should Trade With China

I believe that the United States should trade with China. China is not only a producer of financially affordable goods, but has such a large population that is a good market for US exports. We have become a global economy and, despite our differences politically with China, our economy, from both an import and export perspective, relies heavily on this arrangement.

• Yes. Not trading with China could set a dangerous precedent.

The United States has long held itself to be a leader of free market enterprise, so to drive a wedge between itself and a burgeoning powerhouse such as China could only prove disastrous in the long-term. The reliance upon Chinese goods and services at a price that appeals to the capital-minded American consumer is perhaps not a luxury we want to dismiss so easily. An isolationist fiscal policy would only seek to drive demand and cost sky-high for domestically produced substitutions that may have only slightly better quality if any at all. Also, it would add evidence to the already precarious presumption that the United State tends to act as if it exists above and outside the need for cooperation with the remainder of the countries in the global market.

• Global Economy Needs China

Americans get many of their cheap goods from China on cheaper labor. Eventually, the Chinese will have labor costs on par with America. When China becomes an equal trade partner with the United States, that's when America can start exporting things to China. One major export will be oil since the United States is a huge oil producer as we become more energy independent.

• No, it's plain unethical

The difference between how China and the USA profit from each other is that while both governments benefit, it's only people in America (and the rest of the world) who reap the rewards.

IPhones and the like are cheaper. Well yes. But financial rewards always come at a price, and the money saved is in exchange for your tacit consent for Chinese workers being paid a miserably low wage. Remember, they can't change it. Striking is illegal, the party can't be voted out and revolution would be bloody and likely impossible at this point.

Things would cost more, but if the world refused to trade with China as it exists currently and all nations that treat their citizens as little more than slave labor (and the best way for the world to do that would be for the US to start) it would open up new better paid manufacturing jobs elsewhere. And/or China would have to cave in and introduce a sensible minimum wage. Either way, a win.

• A nation that sits in denial

A nation that denies the cruel behaviour of its people to animals during their so called festivals.
    The only way to make such a people sit up and listen is to hit them where it hurts.....In the pocket. We stop trading with China they loose money and then maybe a democracy for animals and humans alike will start. By trading with China we are accepting their cruel and barbaric behaviour, we are no better than them

• Stop trading with the Big Bully

There is no bright future in China, especially under the auspices of the Communist Government. The growth of China's economy is slowing down, and indications are that it will continue to slow down. In the meantime China's debt is mounting up. Their local government is heavily indebted to the tune of $3 trillion.

But more so, how can the US companies continue to tolerate the unethical practices of China's Government who is the number one violator of human rights in China, who suppress freedom of speech, who literally control what the Chinese people can say and cannot say? More importantly, how can other governments tolerate China who continues to continues to oppress Tibet and Taiwan? Who can tolerate China's bullying of India, Philippines, Japan, South Korea and practically all of its neighbors?

• Farts taste yummy

Farts farts farts farts farts farts Farts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts fartsFarts farts farts farts farts farts

• Not to be trusted bully state. UK sold out to them will become China's lap dog us must avoid bemasters of your own destiny.

Cameron has sold UK out to China despite public polls violently against it. Millions of UK jobs already lost UK virtually has no industry at all. Now they will own our power stations and new high speed rail line costing 5o billion UK pounds. Do not do the same please.

• The Chinese are voting "Yes"

Reading through some of the comments under "yes", each point can be methodically dissected.

For example, some of the comments cite our growing exports to China. When China entered the world economy, our exports were nearly equal. However, China's exports have since dwarfed our own. And, who has China mostly been exporting to, America. Perhaps, we should have kept the manufacturing here as much as possible. The fact that China blatantly ignores the rules has allowed them to continue to grow.

Furthermore, comments mention that the U.S. would not be able to obtain certain goods. This is valid to an extent, but it is fear-mongering. The U.S. would fare better even with a constrained supply line. We are the sole reason for China's rise, and we are creating a global competitor. Why would we do this? Why empower a nation that we politically disagree with?

In addition, some comments reference the low cost of Chinese goods. But, they fail to mention that this comes at the expense of several things: jobs in America, air quality in China (and the world), and Chinese workers' rights. Furthermore, outsourcing manufacturing to China just makes it easier for them to copy products so that they can setup bogus companies to sell the same thing at a lower price and a different name.

Others have mentioned that we can export oil to China. Seriously, I should not even have to address this. Who do you think China will get its oil from, America or a Communist ally such as Russia?

Others have mentioned that the U.S. shutting out China would be isolationist and would seem to put the needs of the U.S. over any other country. First, no one is saying that trade be completely shutoff with China. Second, there are plenty of other countries to trade with that will abide by rules and agreements. Third, how is putting the interests of the U.S. first a bad thing? Fourth, the same thing can be said about China regarding being isolationist -- China will not even let some American companies in the country without strict and arcane rules. Fifth, is it isolationist to not want your innovation copied because China is a huge copycat of just about everything. Literally everything -- I wish I was joking.

Someone called China the "market of all markets" but I think they are forgetting that the Chinese tends to copy the work of others. Countless Chinese companies and individuals have been accused of corporate espionage. Chinese copycat companies have popped up in nearly all industries, and who do you think China will support, the American company or the Chinese copycat company? Instead of regulating counterfeit goods and companies, China seems to encourage them by their lack of enforcement of existing trade agreements.

Nonetheless, I am happy for China to rape their lands and abuse their people. It will end one day when resources diminish, people rally, or Americans innovate with robotics to destroy manufacturing in China.

Lastly, Communism.

• China steals jobs away from the US.

• They're building their Defense on our technology and resources and buddying up with Putin's Russia!

Before we traded with China, their Defense was basically Conventional warfare and it was not "high-tech". China has inherited sophisticated technology through America's corporate greed by manufacturing all our "stuff" for cheap and corporation profits; American companies giving them our know-how (of course, politicians allowing it to happen). Now they are using our technology, given to them, to build their Defense second to non. Like a chess game, they're strategizing land bases and having joint military training with Russia and North Korea, to name a few. In the event of a world conflict, we will not be able to manufacture our "Needs" like that in World War 2.

• We should stop trade with chins.

If we stop trading with China we can make things our selves and therefore create jobs. We owe China money we need to stop owing money, we need to stop using credit and stop borrowing money. We can't use what we don't have. There is a need for jobs so lets create jobs this way, let us pay ourselves back.

• Communist Party=no human rights, no freedom of expression, communist party is the king of all. Is this what we want ??

I do not agree with U.S trading with China because first of all they do not conform to standards that Europe and Japan have and abide to international order such as not manipulating their currency. In addition China Communist Party does not have freedom of speech or any political Party besides Communist. We should only trade with Countries that have different party's that people can pick also freedom of speech, and freedom of the press. So to conclude we should not be trading with China.