Should the UK government proceed with its cuts to renewable energy subsidies?

• Government Subsudies Are Never Sustainable

I know that I am a bit of a hard-liner on the matter, but I know that I any funds raised by the government have to be collected by force (taxation) so it's not a good idea to introduce any new government budget, it just leads to more force. The free market will sort out which energy technologies are best.

• The UK government should not cut renewable energy subsidies.

The UK government should not proceed with its cuts to renewable energy subsidies, because it would halt the development of renewable energy. In this day and age, it appears that renewable energy is the way of the future, and its power should be honed and refined. A cut to these subsidies will set everything back, and will cause more harm than good down the road.

• Do not cut funding for renewable energy, ever

This planet needs as much help as it can get when it comes to finding alternative sources of energy, and cutting subsidies for renewable energy will be a step backward. Whether it's the UK, the US, China or anywhere, governments should be putting more money into renewable energy research, not cutting its funding.

• Our Climate is worth the risk.

The UK is a leader in the renewable energy industry and making such drastic cuts does not help the world wide initiative to become more sustainable with our energy needs. Such drastic cuts are dramatic and only hurt the economy rather than making small changes and testing out other options. Relying on fossil fuels is not sustainable. There will be bumps along the way, but giving up is not an option.