• Without a doubt!

Why not? You can overdose from cannabis but you can easily overdose on alcohol… there has never been a death due to a overdose of cannabis ever! Think about all the money tax payers pay to provide people medical care that suffer from alcohol or from smoking… Cancer caused by smoking costs the Uk billions of pounds whereas cannabis doesn't cost anything. Think about the tax payers that suffer just because lots of people were stupid enough to ruin their lungs and liver causing millions of pounds spent on looking after them. Think for the majority not the minority. Thank you

• Nothing wrong with it

Nothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with itnothing wrong with it

• Cannabis is a tool, just like any other drug,

And cannot be blamed for how they are used. What is needed is better attitudes and education towards using drugs and showing people how to take them responsibility. What many people do not understand is that cannabis is not a single drug but rather a mixture of pharmacologically and psychologically active compounds that vary greatly in the ratios of concentration from species to species, strain to strain and even from plant to plant. Because of this what one type of weed will do is completely different from what another will do. A high CBD strain would help schizophrenics due to anti-psychotic action however a high THC would increase psychotic episodes in schizophrenics. We need to legalise and standardise so people know exactly what they are taking so we can help them without all of this hit and miss therapy.

• Cannabis is NOT bad in and of itself

I have Restless Leg Syndrome which is caused by problems with dopamine uptake and/or neurotransmitters in the brain. Cannabis helps with dopamine uptake and stops me wanting to commit suicide due to the long term inability to rest and sleep and resultant depression that ensues. As for the issues around its overuse, like any drug, including coffee and alcohol it has negative side effects but where adults are concerned I think we should treat people as adults, give them the relevant ACCURATE information and allow them to decide. Before cannabis was made illegal (due to pressure from the US government for other issues, which despite the rhetoric were NOT for moral or health reasons) the British government was very pro cannabis because it got a lot of its revenue from the sale of Cannabis. Socially speaking the whole argument that "drugs are bad" is a very recently constructed one, stemming from the 60's and the overuse by certain social groups of hallucinogens. I recommend people research the facts before they jump on the band wagon of absolutism that all drugs are bad. To date I have known many people have to take days off because of migraines due to drinking excess coffee and known countless people take days off due to being hung over yet we still allow both. In a variety of countries who have adopted a more enlightened attitude to drugs and have legalised it there has been a far greater success in reaching out to people who are long term over-users or dangerous users i.e. Portugal with heroin. I could go on and provide ample proofs to support my argument - historical, medical, social but I would prefer people to research for themselves. I agree with the person who has posted above. As with the above comment most of the weed smokers I know have full time jobs, many of which are well paid, with responsibilities which they are more than capable of handling, they have families which they love and care about. They are not bums, demons or fools. I work in a very respectable role, I have never had a day off due to smoking cannabis - even too much of it. I have important responsibilities which I fulfil and I work 6 days a week. Other than my condition like the person above I lead a normal, peaceful lifestyle and I agree with their post. Legalise Cannabis! Come on UK its just ridiculous!

• It helps me be normal with MS.

I have MS. I need drugs to stop chronic pain and stiffness. None work without terrible side effects and when I have taken cannabis I have recovered 95% of my mobility, from a wheelchair. I have little to no pain what so ever and I have no side effects unless you include "Being Happy" as a side effect!

• It helps me.

I have MS, it helps with pain and walking, far better than any medication prescribed in the UK. I have taken every other medication to help and nothing but terrible side effects.. I have taken cannabis and it has helped me walk and work as normal. I am a criminal now because I want to make myself better. This should be legal, no doubt at all.

• It helps me.

• Legalize Cannabis Now

Take cannabis out of the hands of criminals. Stop arresting people for growing a plant. Educate the children on the pros and cons of cannabis. They don't believe 'Frank' anymore. Let people take cannabis for pain relief, let them smoke it for recreational relief without fear of prosecution.
    The Government knows it is the correct and sensible way to go. Legalise

• Cannabis helps me after Brain injury

I use cannabis as a medicine, I have epilepsy and had a brain injury, it helps control my seizures and stops neurological pain. It has no side affects with me as I vape and do not use any evil tobacco. The only problem is I have to buy it not knowing what I'm getting properly because it's not regulated, cannabis needs to be,legalized for both medical and,recreational purposes. Alcohol should be a class A drug and tobacco should also

• Times are changing

For years it's been said cannabis had no medical values, but now with all the recent scientific reports coming out stating otherwise, isn't it time to legalise and help improve the quality of life of those affected with illnesses. To not allow it as a medicine is criminal and all because the big pharma pay our politicians and parties off.

Legalise, tax it and watch crime fall!

• Big no no!

These are a list of things cannabis can cause..
    -Distorted perception (sights, sounds, time, touch)
    -Problems with memory and learning
    -Loss of coordination
    -Trouble with thinking and problem-solving
    -Increased heart rate, reduced blood pressure
    -Hallucinations
    -Delusions
    -Impaired memory
    -Disorientation
    -Daily cough and phlegm production
    -More frequent acute chest illnesses
    -Increased risk of lung infections
    -Obstructed airways

One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells.
    Also, exposure during pregnancy (which would defiantly happen if it was legalized) can harm the child's neurological development, for example -
    -Altered responses to visual stimuli
    -Increased tremulousness
    -Problems with sustained attention and memory
    -Poor problem-solving skills

It has also been proven that it is the first drug people take before moving onto harder drugs, as after a while cannabis starts to lose it's effect and people move onto something more hard hitting, obviously if you are a regular user of it.

• Really bad for you

VERY ILLEGAL AND has very bad symptoms and could kill you. People get addicted to it and think nothing has happened so they take more of it and the effects are terrible indeed, I recommend you do not take cannabis as it can permanently damage your life in the future.

• Duh it is a drug

Legalizing cannabis is wrong. You are legalizing something illegal. And as soon as you legalize one thing then you legalize another thing and before you know it you are legalizing murder. That wouldn't be cool. Neither is legalizing cannabis. Don't legalize it. It is wrong. Seriously people! Get a grip. IT IS A DANGEROUS DRUG

• No No No

If cannabis was legalized more people would buy it causing problems to their health. I know people say it hasn't caused any deaths but if Cannabis is legalized, im sure that the death rates from cannabis will soar. Cannabis should only be used for health problems and people should only have Cannabis if it is prescribed by a doctor!

• #don't do drugs

Pretty much all illegal drugs fuel crime. Dealers make the drugs expensive and therefore people run out of money, which makes some people homeless. Also, because they have no money left, they do crimes like shoplifting, robbery, theft..... That gives the police more crimes to deal with. If the government legalise cannabis, dealers will give out more than ever and more crimes will happen and it's a total waste of the police's time. Britain is a big cannabis farm already, grown on an industrial scale illegally in homes. To those who consume cannabis daily, who isn't already ruined, do you really want to rob, have bloodshed eyes all day, stink of cannabis, and get the worst reputation, and get the name 'drug addict'?

• No way uk

Although any drugs can have an effect on behaviour, cannabis is one of the leaders when it comes to paranoia. Imagine everyone being paranoid, watching everyone, and a single move that can be construed as aggressive would result in the biggest mass riot ever. So I say NO, definitely not!

• Stop laying your bad habit on other people!

Look,if you want to get stoned then fine,go for it.
    Dont for one minute try to make out it's not harmful?Get real.
    If you don't want to be labelled a criminal then don't indulge.
    I'm sick of martyrs who want everyone to try it.Believe it or not there is more to life than getting high you know?

• Drugs can cause many problems

If cannabis is legalised the amount of people taking drugs will increase which is in no way a good thing. Drugs can have a big effect on your life. They may affect your work in school and cause you to become unsociable. I think its a lot more important to prevent this than decreasing crime rates

• Mental Illness and money

The most potent reason that cannabis should not be legalised is that we are still unsure of its long-term effects. Some serious mental health problems have been linked with cannabis, such as schizophrenia, psychosis, memory loss, depression, paranoia, and loss of concentration. These risks are heightened when you’re young as your brain is still developing. Physical problems have also been linked with cannabis, namely, respiratory problems, cognitive decline, cancer, heart disease, the increasing of one’s heart rate and the lowering of one’s sperm count. If legalised, which would undoubtedly make the numbers who use cannabis rise, even more of the taxpayers money would need to be used to treat these negative side effects. Nonetheless, many people will say, I haven’t experienced these problems so why does it matter? It matters because is it really realistic to expect the Government to legalise cannabis if it cannot accurately predict what the effects of legalising cannabis would be? It is not fair to compare cannabis to alcohol or cigarettes, because we know the effects of these, and people use these regardless of them.

• A horrible idea

There are lots of health risks associated with cannabis. Young people/teenagers are taking these drugs which is very bad for them. Even older people who are used to taking cannabis can feel anxious and paranoid. Your hand-to-eye co-ordination is impaired which makes driving while under the influence of drugs both dangerous and illegal. It causes cancer and lung disease which are quite serious problems in the UK. Allowing it to be legalised would just add to the problem, costing lots of money to the NHS and trouble to the doctors. It increases the heart rate and blood pressure. These are also serious problems and can affect you later in life. While scientists are trying to find ways to stop the heart rate going up and lower blood pressure, people are trying to legalise something that might one of the reasons why blood pressure is so high. It can make the user paranoid which will affect their relationships with their friends and family. This can also make them feel very depressed. They can get mental illnesses like schizophrenia, or, if the person had had schizophrenia in the past, they could have a relapse and be diagnosed with it again. More recently, cannabis was genetically modified (which is called skunk). Skunk has more dangerous effects and is the reason that Prime Minister at the time made it a Class B drug after the last Prime Minister made it a Class C drug. There is a reason why cannabis has been made illegal so I think it should stay that way.