Should the United Kingdom's Parliament maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the government?

• Yes, the 55% vote should be maintained.

The 55% majority vote required to dissolve the government in the United Kingdom should be kept. There is a danger to making it too easy to dissolve a government, because the stability of the country would be at risk if the government can be dissolved at the whim of a small majority. The 55% requirement would see to it that it is a significant number of people who supported its dissolution.

• Yes, I think the UK parliament should maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the Government.

The parliament is supposed to speak for the people and if the majority of the parliament feels the Government is dysfunctional and needs to be dissolved then it should be, I think it's important to have that power maintain a majority vote and I don't think it should ever be changed.

• The United Kingdom's Parliament should maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the government.

The United Kingdom's Parliament should maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the government. A 55 percent majority vote ensures that a democratic majority agrees to dissolve the government. Upon dissolution of the government, new elections are held and a new group of elected officials become the governing party of the United Kingdom.

• That would be too drastic.

No, the United Kingdom's Parliament should not maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the government, because that will never happen. The United Kingdom is one of the few countries that has a strong economy and doesn't need a whole lot of fixing. They should not start over, as they have a strong tradition.

• No, the UK should not maintain the 55 majority rule to dissolve the government.

I do not think the United Kingdom's parliament should maintain the 55 percent majority vote needed to dissolve the government. I think the policy is a bit outdated and doesn't benefit the way the government of the United Kingdom is ran. I think there needs to be a change to that rule.