Should the United Nations endeavor to instruct and recommend the teachings of ancient sages such as Socrates to developing countries and their school systems?

• Yes, they should

I think it is important for all schools to be taught about ancient philosophy. Because of ancient philosophy, science was developed and we really shot up technologically. These ancient philosophers really got the world's intellectual ball rolling and brought us a lot of enlightenment. They should be recognized everywhere, for sure.

• Focus on the Classics

Everyone should read the classics such as Socrates, Sun-Tzu and Virgil. Even developed nations like the United States and Japan could use refreshers in the great classical works of ancient Greece and ancient China. The United Nations should endeavor to recommend many classical works to all countries in order to get a basis for many disciplines.

• No, the UN shouldn't teach developing countries such subjects as Socrates.

I do not think that the United Nations should teach developing countries and their school systems about ancient sages such as Socrates. I think that these countries need more than just these type of fields in education. It is more important to teach these developing countries the more fundamental subjects.

• No, I don't think the UN should instruct developing countries to teach about sages such as Socrates.

I don't think the UN should be in the business of instructing what individual countries should be teaching about, I think that decision should be up to the nations themselves on what they feel an appropriate curriculum should be, I don't see this as an area the UN should be involved in.

• The UN doesn't run the schools.

No, the United Nations should not endeavor to instruct and recommend the teachings of ancient sages such as Socrates to developing countries and their school systems, because that is not the purpose of the United Nations. The United Nations was started so that we would not have another world war. The point was not to control school programming in developed countries.