Should the United Nations form a special task force solely constructed to weed out and eliminate foreign terrorism?

• Terrorism is everybody's problem

In the wake of the terrorist attacks of September 11, the German politician Peter Struck summed up international sentiment with his famous statement, "today, we are all Americans." International terrorism is not a problem of individual states, but rather a shared problem of the international community. For this reason, a special UN task force to combat terrorism makes perfect sense.

• Yes, they should.

I think that it would be a great idea for the United Nations to form a special task force to eliminate terrorism. I think that a task force comprised of men and women from many different nations would be very effective at finding terrorists and stopping their operations and bringing them to justice.

• Security Council Runs the Show

The UN Security Council is composed of the United States, United Kingdom, Russian Federation, France, and the People's Republic of China. We have to remember that terrorism is still quite subjective - while one nation may see a group as freedom fighters, another may see them as terrorists. It is not advisable for the UN to set up the special task force. I understand that it maybe beneficial in terms of saving human lives, but if terrorism is to be "weeded out" would it not also end in death for many humans? Nations can use the UN as a medium for anti-terrorism negotiations, but should not expect the UN itself to intervene.

• It would be impossible to weed out all foreign terrorism.

The concept of weeding out all terrorism is a nice but impossible one. First, not every nation agrees on the definition of terrorism. Second, terrorism is perpetually evolving, so to dedicate a task force with the sole responsibility of weeding it out is to assign the impossible task because it would be neverending.

• The United Nations should not form a special task force solely constructed to weed out and eliminate foreign terrorism.

The United Nations should not form a special task force solely constructed to weed out and eliminate foreign terrorism. I do not think that this would do any good and it would just waste more of our tax dollars in trying to do so. I think they should just keep doing what they do.

• No, I don't think the United Nations should form a task force dedicated to weed out and eliminate foreign terrorists.

I don't believe this is something the United Nations has any place or authority to do so, I think it should be up to the intelligence forces of the nations around the world to be tracking and eliminating terrorists, I dont think the United Nations would be effective or useful in doing something like this.