Should the United States government issue a formal apology specifically for the Trail of Tears?

• Trail of tears

I personally agree,I feel the United States should issue a formal apology specifically for the Trail of Tears. The fact that this hasn't been done is an injustice. I believe what was done to the Native Americans of this land was terrible and the least we can do is offer a former apology.

• Yes They Should

I feel the United States should issue a formal apology specifically for the Trail of Tears. The fact that this hasn't been done is an injustice. I believe what was done to the Native Americans of this land was terrible and the least we can do is offer a former apology.

• The United States should not apologize for the Trail of Tears.

There is really no point for the United States government to apologize for the trail of tears. It would be a hollow apology, as the people that commited the atrocites are long dead. It was a different time, and it was a different America. It would be silly for somone like Obama to apologize for something he had nothing to do with.

• To little, to late.

The trail of tears cost many Native Americans their lives. They were stripped of their land and forced to march to relocation areas. The United States government apologizing for this today would hardly fix the damage done. It might even outrage Native Americans, who would rather have reparations than an apology.

• No, I don't believe the Government should issue a formal apology for the Trail of Tears

The Trail Of Tears was a dark mark in American history but enough time has gone by that anyone directly effected by it has passed on, it does nobody any good to drudge up the past and make a big deal about it all these years later. The time to issue an apology has been long gone and now it's best to move on.