Should the United States government open a federal investigation, guided by modern technology and crime-investigation procedures, into the shooting death of Tupac Shakur in 1996?

• United States Government

I personally think that the United States should not open a federal investigation guided by modern technology and crime investigation procedures into the shooting death of Tupac Shakur in 1996 because it would have caused animosity and it would have affected so many people. I personally think that the United States should not open a federal investigation because it would have more killings.

• Yes, they should.

Yes I believe that the United States government should open a federal investigation into the death of Tupac Shakur. His death is still an unsolved mystery and I feel that modern technology could help shed some light onto who the killer might have been. It is strange that someone as famous as Tupac can go without his murder solved for so long.

• Don't Waste Money

The US government should not use tax payer funds to do an investigation of the death of Tupac Shakur. This would be a complete waste of money. If a private company or individual wants to spend their own money for an investigation, then that is their prerogative. There would be no purpose.

• No, too much time has passed.

Tupac Shakur died a violent death. The fact that it was a drive by shooting means there is little evidence to go on. Opening a new investigation after all these years would probably not find anything new. I believe there are one or more people out in the world who know what happened that night but are reluctant to come forward.

• Not Much Would Be Gained

Given the circumstances surrounding Tupac Shakur murder in 1996, I do not believe a federal investigation guided by modern technology and crime-investigation procedures would do much to find the person responsible. I believe Shakur's death was the consequence of gang wars during that time and the fact that a person wasn't charged around that time means that no one will probably be charged in the future.