Should the United States government pay reparations to descendants of Native Americans whose ancestors walked the Trail of Tears?

• We SHOULD pay reparations.

J j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j j .

• Nobody currently alive was personally affected by the Trail of Tears? Are you kidding?

If this is the case, then all of those people living in what was legally Cherokee Nation land in the South should voluntarily give up their land and allow Cherokee descendants live there today. You are ignoring all of the benefits that were passed down to white people today from that land theft, and you are forgetting the great losses Cherokees faced, especially loss of loved ones, homelands and cultural knowledge--all of which have a significant impact still on Cherokee people today.

• Yes the government should pay reparations.

I feel the US government should pay reparations to descendants of Native Americans whose ancestors walked the trail of tears. The trail of tears was a horrible event that took place I'm US history. If African Americans receive benefits from their descendants mistreatment than American Indians deserve the same if not more reparations.

• No way Jose!

All of this happened well in the past. Not many Native Americans can say that they have faced the United States government taking away their land first hand. We don't believe the government should be handing out money or other concessions to people whose only connection to the event is having a long passed on relative who was part of this unfortunate event.
    -Also, the Native Americans of today need to realize that the people of this country didn't make decisions for their ancestors.

• Trail of Tears

I personally diagree, I believe it is important for the Native Americans of today to realize that the people of this country didn't make decisions for their ancestors. It should be noted that those people lived in a different time and age and acted in accordance with what they believed was right, not what we believe is right. For that reason, I do not believe the United States government should feel obligated to pay reparations to descendants of Native Americans.

• No, I don't believe the Government should pay reparations to decents of Native Americans whose ancenstors walked the Trail of Tears.

While the Trail of Tears was a dark moment in American History enough time has gone by that nobody currently alive was ever personally effected by it. I don't believe the Government should be handing out money or other concessions to people who's only connection to the event is having a long passed on relative who was part of this unfortunate event.

• To late now

No, I do not think that they need to pay any money to the people that had ancestors on the trail of tears, since that was over a hundred years ago. I think that instead they need to put measures in place that make sure they can carry on traditions.

• No They Shouldn't

I believe it is important for the Native Americans of today to realize that the people of this country didn't make decisions for their ancestors. It should be noted that those people lived in a different time and age and acted in accordance with what they believed was right, not what we believe is right. For that reason, I do not believe the United States government should feel obligated to pay reparations to descendants of Native Americans.