Should the United States have assassinated Muammar Gaddafi, the now-dead Libyan leader?

• Yes, he was a terrorist.

Yes, the United States should have assassinated Muammar Gaddafi, the now-dead Libyan leader, because he was a terrorist that worked with Al Qaeda to destroy the United States. Gaddafi also committed many foreign rights abuses against his own people. He was an enemy of peace and of the United States. The U.S. was right to do something.

• Yes, they should have.

The United States should have assassinated Gaddafi. Libya has been a country that has harbored terrorists for far to long. A simple assassination saves millions of lives and sends a message to the terrorists. The message should be that we do not accept countries harboring known terrorist organizations within their borders.

• No bad idea for foreign issue

No the US should not have assassinated Muammar Gaddafi. Yes it would have been nice to get him out of power earlier but to go to the extreme of assassination would be taking too big of a risk for US foreign policy. The US should not get involved to that point.

• Not Our Place

I do not believe that the United States should have assassinated Muammar Gaddafi. I believe the United States government needs to focus on things at home and do as much as possible to avoid war or war exercises. I realize there are problems in the world, however every single one of them, can't be solved by the United States.

• The United States should not have assassinated Muammar Gaddafi.

It was not necessary for the United States to assassinate Gaddafi. In the end, people of his own country killed him when he was trying to flee from his opulent mansion. It is right that Gaddafi died at the hands of the people he had been oppressing for so long.

Jifpop09 says2014-02-06T18:29:51.850
It turned out okay, but I would rather avoid espionage all together.
Jifpop09 says2014-02-07T00:51:18.633
I thought gaddafi was killed by rebels