Should the United States have fought the Spanish-American War?

Asked by: STMAknight92
  • I really don't like pie I don't know why either

Its like I don't really like apple pie but its okay but I kind of like banana cream pie but pumpkin pie get that away from me no way ill eat that maybe I should try cherry pie it sounds good but I don't know where to get it maybe at wegmans but my dad doesn't shop there I really want to try there pizza it sounds delicious

• Good Weiner Snitchles

Weiner snitchles are my favorite kind of snitchles ever. I think this because weiner snitchles have so much more flavor and texture than the pener snitchles. Pener snitchles are dull and tasteless. I want to go to McDonalds and get the BigMacPener Snitchle because everyone says they taste better. My grandma likes weiner snitchles so much she buys a whole batch of them and gives me half. My dad likes weiner snitchles so much that my mom thinks he is one. My brother kind of looks like one. His name is Eeiner Snitchle Jr. He was born yesterday. I went to the doctor because my foot kind of looks like one. The doctor said it was fine but she tried to eat it. The doctor was a Weiner Snitchle. You know what looks like a Weiner Snitchle? You. Yes you. I'm glad you made it this far. I need to go poop out my weiner snitchles now, bye.

• I need a coaching job

I got fired by the Bills need new job XD Golden State blew a 3-1 lead against Cleveland in the 2016 NBA Finals. The Cowboys are only good because of their offensive line The Cleveland Indians also blew a 3-1 lead. Lol XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

• We needed our sugar.

We needed to protect business interests. America could have come up with better ways, but this seemed like the best route. Also, even though the USS maine's explosion was a freak accident, if the U.S. had not stepped in it would have been labeled weak given the lack of evidence at the time that it was not Spain's fault.

• Yes... Why wouldn't we?

It was basically a holocaust with cubans... And we got land that helped out country. We are overly involved because we are helping other people that need it. Would you rather have all of those people in cuba die? They livid in 10 by 25 foot huts that were crowded. They had no way to have good hygene, they had no furniture, and practically no clothes. One half of the population died, and a quarter of them were dying and couldn't be helped. Men, women, and children. Spain was merciless and it needed to be stopped.

• Fighting in the war was a good thing.

Fighting in the Spanish-American was a good thing because we gained land such as Puerto Rico. We should have also fought the war because Spain was known to blown up the U.S.S Maine, and they did a lot of yellow journalism. This is why we should have fought the Spanish-American war.

• The US should have fought in the Spanish-American war

I think we should have because we helped free the Cubans by fighting in the war. We also fought in the war because Spain blew up the US Maine (maybe). Since we fought in the war we got Guam, Puerto Rico, the Phillippines, and Cuba, so we earned a lot of land. We won the war so it was all pretty worth it but many lives were lost.

• It was a good that we fought in the Spanish-American war.

Spain was treating Cuba horribly and needed to be stopped. When we Cuba was being treated this way, we went over there to stop them. Plus, when we won, we got Guam, the Philippines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico. It also gave us for places to trade goods with and get new things.

• Yes of course!

The United States should have fought in the Spanish-American War because Spain was being mean and treating the Cubans really badly. Additionally, Spain used yellow journalism to make the U.S look bad by exaggerating problems and they blew up the USS Maine because they hated how we treated the Spain's.

• Yes, Of course!

Due to the war, we gained land which lead to great things. We now have trade routes, well, extra trade routes. We had more room to put different things that we needed like military bases and other things to help us live. We won which lead to great things in our country.

• The war was pointless

We basically became the new Spain to Cuba, and we really just lost a whole bunch of lives and gained essentially nothing. The war cost more that $7 BILLION in today's money. And after the war, we controlled Cuba until eventually Cuba turned communist and threatened us with nuclear missiles. So, great job America for freeing a country that backstabbed yourself.

• War... What is it good for?

The war was a huge loss of life, mostly because of disease, and it was based on lies: the American press created a scapegoat out of Spain where there was no one guilty, which made the whole country bloodthirsty and yearning for war. We went to war with a country that didn't even do anything except piss us off a little bit.

• Please dont nonono

It was a waste of American lives... And resources also. Yellow journalism was used all the time in order to pressure the President of the U.S and all his officials, and the government. Anyways, war is not a good thing so stop saying that it is... America should have traded with Spain lol lol lol so yeah.

• Please dont nonono

• Please dont nonono

• Ya ya ya

Ya f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Con (Practicing for Debate)

Americans sent thousands of their soldiers to fight not only the Spanish, but also yellow fever. Yes, America had better equipped vessels and better trained men, however, there has been no reports showing that someone can be immune to yellow fever.
    Another reason would be that at the time, there was no thorough investigation on what blew up the Maine. A message sent by a commanding officer at the scene reported that it was the Spanish who helped them out after the explosion.

• Spanish American War

No because America should have stayed out of the Cubans and Spanish business. Its understandable that the Americans wanted the trade to keep going with cube , but they did not have to go to war for it. I think that Americans should have tried to talk it out instead of a full out war.

• I think that we shouldn't have

The United States should not have fought the Spanish-American war for many reasons. Firstly, we could have have reasoned with them instead of jumping right into a war. Second, yes, we did gain some land, which is fine, but we just murdered a bunch of people. I think we shouldn't have fought in the Spainsh-American war

• I believe that America should not have been involved...

I believe that America should not have been involved in the war as it did not bring any long term, positive effects. The newspapers extremely sensualized it and the government should have done what was best for the country and not given in to the peoples commands. Commands that were fueled and falsified by a greedy newspaper guru who basically made it up. We had nothing to do with Cuba and the Phillipines brought us nothing but trouble. It was a terrible misuse of American lives and resources.

mlemiecms says2015-03-16T16:09:24.153
Dfjdkjf
flaminghotbutthole says2017-01-04T21:26:02.760