Should the United States have fought the Spanish-American War?

Asked by: STMAknight92
  • I really don't like pie I don't know why either

Its like I don't really like apple pie but its okay but I kind of like banana cream pie but pumpkin pie get that away from me no way ill eat that maybe I should try cherry pie it sounds good but I don't know where to get it maybe at wegmans but my dad doesn't shop there I really want to try there pizza it sounds delicious

• Good Weiner Snitchles

Weiner snitchles are my favorite kind of snitchles ever. I think this because weiner snitchles have so much more flavor and texture than the pener snitchles. Pener snitchles are dull and tasteless. I want to go to McDonalds and get the BigMacPener Snitchle because everyone says they taste better. My grandma likes weiner snitchles so much she buys a whole batch of them and gives me half. My dad likes weiner snitchles so much that my mom thinks he is one. My brother kind of looks like one. His name is Eeiner Snitchle Jr. He was born yesterday. I went to the doctor because my foot kind of looks like one. The doctor said it was fine but she tried to eat it. The doctor was a Weiner Snitchle. You know what looks like a Weiner Snitchle? You. Yes you. I'm glad you made it this far. I need to go poop out my weiner snitchles now, bye.

• I need a coaching job

I got fired by the Bills need new job XD Golden State blew a 3-1 lead against Cleveland in the 2016 NBA Finals. The Cowboys are only good because of their offensive line The Cleveland Indians also blew a 3-1 lead. Lol XD XD XD XD XD XD XD XD

• I'm not on any side.

I just wanted to tell you guys that the U.S. declared war on Spain because the USS marine ship was exploded by a mine (my understanding), so the U.S. wanted to go to war with them. The war ended with a peace treaty stating that the U.S. could temporarily have Cuba.

• The Government just wanted to take advantage of Cuba.

The government wanted to make sure that it would not become a black republic. Also, after the US helped Cuba, they took advantage of it, and basically became the new "Spain" to Cuba. The US made Cuba sign the Platt amendment, an amendment that said that the United States would end its military occupation of Cuba, but the US could control if Cuba made any treaties with any other foreign powers.

• We needed our sugar.

We needed to protect business interests. America could have come up with better ways, but this seemed like the best route. Also, even though the USS maine's explosion was a freak accident, if the U.S. had not stepped in it would have been labeled weak given the lack of evidence at the time that it was not Spain's fault.

• Yes... Why wouldn't we?

It was basically a holocaust with cubans... And we got land that helped out country. We are overly involved because we are helping other people that need it. Would you rather have all of those people in cuba die? They livid in 10 by 25 foot huts that were crowded. They had no way to have good hygene, they had no furniture, and practically no clothes. One half of the population died, and a quarter of them were dying and couldn't be helped. Men, women, and children. Spain was merciless and it needed to be stopped.

• Fighting in the war was a good thing.

Fighting in the Spanish-American was a good thing because we gained land such as Puerto Rico. We should have also fought the war because Spain was known to blown up the U.S.S Maine, and they did a lot of yellow journalism. This is why we should have fought the Spanish-American war.

• The US should have fought in the Spanish-American war

I think we should have because we helped free the Cubans by fighting in the war. We also fought in the war because Spain blew up the US Maine (maybe). Since we fought in the war we got Guam, Puerto Rico, the Phillippines, and Cuba, so we earned a lot of land. We won the war so it was all pretty worth it but many lives were lost.

• It was a good that we fought in the Spanish-American war.

Spain was treating Cuba horribly and needed to be stopped. When we Cuba was being treated this way, we went over there to stop them. Plus, when we won, we got Guam, the Philippines, Cuba, and Puerto Rico. It also gave us for places to trade goods with and get new things.

• I believe it was wrong to habe fought Spain

Look what happened , Cuba was not freed . Driving Spain away opened the door to Fidel Castro. I do not believe much of America understood the selfish reasons many political people wanted control of Cuba itself. They were not interested in the suffering of Cubans . A few may have remembered how America fought to gain independence from Britain and felt Cuba also should be free but they didn’t think far enough ahead. What would replace Spain ? America had a good solid ground in place with men who had convictions and high standards for running American law and set up a law to stay free. What did Cuba have in mind after the war was over ?

• Neutrality was not followed

What about that huh george set that proclamaion back in 1793 and no one dared to follow such a thing. Well jokes bc his farewell address was intending to mark the future of america so hooneslty america good job you shoulda listened to washington everything would have been in place

• The war was pointless

We basically became the new Spain to Cuba, and we really just lost a whole bunch of lives and gained essentially nothing. The war cost more that $7 BILLION in today's money. And after the war, we controlled Cuba until eventually Cuba turned communist and threatened us with nuclear missiles. So, great job America for freeing a country that backstabbed yourself.

• War... What is it good for?

The war was a huge loss of life, mostly because of disease, and it was based on lies: the American press created a scapegoat out of Spain where there was no one guilty, which made the whole country bloodthirsty and yearning for war. We went to war with a country that didn't even do anything except piss us off a little bit.

• Please dont nonono

It was a waste of American lives... And resources also. Yellow journalism was used all the time in order to pressure the President of the U.S and all his officials, and the government. Anyways, war is not a good thing so stop saying that it is... America should have traded with Spain lol lol lol so yeah.

• Please dont nonono

• Please dont nonono

• Ya ya ya

Ya f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f ff f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f f

• Con (Practicing for Debate)

Americans sent thousands of their soldiers to fight not only the Spanish, but also yellow fever. Yes, America had better equipped vessels and better trained men, however, there has been no reports showing that someone can be immune to yellow fever.
    Another reason would be that at the time, there was no thorough investigation on what blew up the Maine. A message sent by a commanding officer at the scene reported that it was the Spanish who helped them out after the explosion.

mlemiecms says2015-03-16T16:09:24.153
Dfjdkjf
flaminghotbutthole says2017-01-04T21:26:02.760