Should the United States prioritize the pursuit of national security objectives above the digital privacy of its citizens?

Asked by: msmith0126
  • Security is more important.

National security objectives in my opinion should be prioritized because the although they might not be useful right now, think about it, they have sworn to not violate any personal data and/or publicize it. If it has a chance of helping reduce foreign attacks, I think we should support it. We trust the government with our social security numbers etc. Looking at our digital life is not bad for anyone, except people who have massive things to hide from our own president.

• Security is more important.

If you are dead, can you enjoy your freedom? I think that it security is far more important than privacy. Why do you care if the government looks through your stuff? I wished the government should have more security. If there are more security cameras, fewer people commit crimes. If the government monitors the internet, then the terrorists have a harder time communicating.

• Liberty is more Important

Its proved in research that National Security Objectives such as looking through emails and purchases hasn't very been ineffective. Its not really working. In the Bill of Rights, we are protected by the Fourth Amendment on how there cannot be any searches and seizures and our privacy is our possession.

• Liberty is more important.

Despite many proponents arguments that national security is supreme, there is little evidence that shows that sacrificing digital privacy leads to a heightened level of national security. Even more important to consider - digital privacy is not just our texts or phone calls; its our online purchases and library checkout lists and internet searches. Is that really necessary to increase our pursuit or fulfillment of national security objectives? I think not.