Should the United States recognize the sovereignty of the Principality of Sealand?

Asked by: Oromagi
  • Because I said so

Sealand is my country. I am Michel bates and want to create a uprising to fix the inequality my country has faced my son Roy has not been successful in carrying on my legacy but I have escaped British forces to tell the truth I will escape to sealand if the want me they can find me there.

• Because I said so

• Because I said so

• All those who sympathize with the existence of Sealand as an alternative country, should claim their recognition with the ONU.

All those who sympathize with the existence of Sealand as an alternative country, should claim their recognition with the ONU. And the requirements for this, such as a currency, a government, a postal system, a territory, a population and an army, there are already exist.
    They ridicule Sealand for having only 22 residents, but remember that the Vatican is a country with less than 900 inhabitants, Midway Islands has only 60 inhabitants, and the Pictairn Islands with 58 inhabitants.

• Met ALL Requirements

The international laws dictate what makes a country, they met all before any ipdates and are grandfathered in. It is a valid claim and with new laws in place, they cannot have a legit new nation again. UK should know they enjoy a very unique neighbor who is very loyal to its neighbor and work together. They cause no trouble, peaceful and take world matters very seriously.

• Sealand belongs to no one but it's people

It's located in international waters without complaining any country sovereignty. Sealand is the voice for peace and freedom in a place that used to be a war zone back in the 1920s. The Principality of Sealand is a island with a independent government and solid economy and social stability. If the Vatican City is a country for the UN, Sealand must also be.

• The Principality of sealand should be recognized

The fort that they reside on is in international water and because of this it is not in the UK jurisdiction. English courts have even ruled that they cant do anything about it and in no way does it harm the UK. They have a rich history and have followed most of the guild lines were a country can be made. The US should recognize there strong determination to because a sovereign nation and should officially recognize this small nation.

• They are a nation, got nation stuff, nobility and much more.

They deserve their nation recognized as a True Sovereign Nation after all they suffered to free it from dutch and german invasors. And they should have their passports , money and more recognized as well, to support its economy as well, think of it as a small nation that needs to be recognized.

• Yes, the United States should recognize the sovereignty of the Principality of Sealand.

Yes, in my opinion the United States should recognize the sovereignty of the Principality of Sealand. English courts have ruled that they do not have jurisdiction of the Prinicipality of Sealand. The Prinicipality of Sealand has been able to maintain themselves despite their small population for several decades. They have also been able to form their own government and reside in a territory that has not been claimed by any other nation.

• Part of the United Kingdom

The Principality of Sealand, while a good idea on paper, shouldn't be a sovereign nation whatsoever. The small, former military installation is too dependent upon the United Kingdom for defense, food supply and goods. A move to recognize the base's sovereignty is foolish at best and is only symbolic. The United States has other, more important things to do with its time.