Should the United States secure the US-Mexican border?

• Yes they Should

The united states is allowing way too many illegal immigrants into this country. Illegal immigrants currently make up 3.5% of the entire united states population (around 11.2 million illegal immigrants.) California, the state with the most illegal immigrants, pays over $30 million to educate and support illegal aliens. We need to close the boarder.

• Yes yes yea

If the average person at night locks up their house to keep out people. To feel safe. So we should to keep my America safe. If u lock your house car at night so should we lock up the border!!!! We the people come first in saftey. Lock it up and throw the key away

• Wont pay for the Wall, Lock the Door. Deport illegals .

Mexican government needs to understand this is not a game. They need to control their citizens and contribute to the permanent wall. USA should look the gates and show no mercy to violators.. A sovereign nation that has no control of its borders is no longer independent. The governments have lost control.

• Continue to keep it open

America needs a good economy to keep business's open and the poverty line low. Foreign immigrants help boost our economy by contributing largely to the total share of output. The website epi.Org gives the statistics that foreign immigrants' share of total output was 14.7 in the years 2009-2011, which the website also shows that that percentage is an impressive feat because immigrant's percent in the U.S' total population is 13 (as of 2012). Foreign immigrants also “comprise 16 percent of the labor force”(epi.Org), which is also a notable statistic when again, their population percentage in America is 13 percent. So, foreign immigrants contribute and boost the economy by working extensively(as shown by the statistics), and putting in their fair share of work. This goes to show that the United States should keep it's borders open.

• Hi fo do

Because gi fdskhfnd cfghsrtugherlghr roigjwrehugerbfwfjgwergjrogh kierghifihb tighbrbh fjikrghro;bih trbhrtbih fjkhbfkb vb f f f f f f f f d d d d d d d d d d d d we 3 e e e e e e r 2 d d a a a a a sdsddcf fr r

• Its common sense

What Tyler said is true. Americans and LEGAL immigrants have to pay for ILLEGAL immigrants to go to school, medical and other things. In fact, hospitals in Cali. Had to shutdown their ER because to many illegals came in and couldn't pay for their services. Yes, some come here to find a better life and work. But some who come her are criminals and drug dealers. Last year we confiscated 1.4 MILLION pounds of just marijuana. And we don't even confiscate half of what gets smuggled in. The border is about 1,969 miles long. Their is no way we can protect that with the enforcement we have today. The National Guard has to help the Border Patrol because they need it. There are also unofficial militias that help the secure the border. I believe in immigration but only if they do it legally.

• Absolutely they should

The border should be secured because we don't know who is coming in and moving into your neighborhood. Once the illegal immigration is stopped crimes in states bordered to Mexico will decrease and isn't that enough reasons to close the border? Gang member, drug seller, murder, terrorist, like I said you don't know who's coming in.

• Without a doubt

The Constitution of the US states that the goverment is to secure the borders, with millions streaming accross the border so far it easy to see that has not been done. There is a law in place to secure the border with Mexico, however those sitting in Congress refuse to fund it.
    I am all for legal immigration, my wife immigrated to this country in the 80's, is it hard yes a little but is it worth it? Yes a lot

• No they should not

First of all, it is spelled B O R D E R. The BORDER is actually secured, there are customs officials, policemen, surveillance 24hrs etc. Second of all, illegals pay taxes as well. So technically the money spent to educate illegal children in California is actually payed by them. You cannot simply close the border, what about tourism, business, trade? Are you forgetting that Mexico exports many products that Americans LOVE to eat? Apparently, illegals deprive Americans of obtaining jobs, but they actually do the jobs no one wants to do. Next time, before starting a debate, get your facts and spelling straight.

• With reform, yes.

I currently am not a supporter of illegal immigration, but with reform I think opening the borders would save us money & it wouldn't be a large issue among Americans. Immigrants make up a workforce that a surprising amount of Americans can't make up ourselves. Immigrants are usually very skilled in what they plan to do in America. This broadens our ability to make progress in the labor force greatly. You may ask, "Well illegal immigrants don't pay income tax like the rest of us!" I personally think taxation is theft & nobody should be forced by the government to pay taxes, this includes legal Americans. To keep things realistic though I'll explain it this way.... One form of taxation I actually do support is a national sales tax. There's no tax on work, therefore, we do not have to worry about the 'Immigrants don't pay taxes' issue. With a national sales tax everybody already pays taxes based off of what they purchase. You can learn more at Fairtax.Org. Also, making a simpler path towards citizenship isn't harmful in my opinion. Back to my previous points, it just broadens that area of labor and tax payers. I've looked at the test immigrants have to take and it is very difficult. We can't know for sure what making a simpler path towards citizenship would actually do, but I can guarantee that more of these illegal immigrants would actually take the time to become legal. Like I said at the beginning I do not support illegal immigration, but with such reforms that I described in my argument I believe opening the borders would save America lots of money & time.

• No, they should not

The United States does not ''allow'' illegal immigrants. Why do you think they are illegal then? Illegal immigrants have been accused of 'stealing' peoples jobs, but in fact, they take the jobs that Americans think are beneath them. Such as janitors, crop pickers, cooks etc. Technically the US/Mexican Border is secured. There are fences, cameras, 24 hr surveillance, customs officers, policemen etc. The border cannot simply close. That is so stupid, why would anyone want to close it? What about trade, business and tourism? Even if the statistics of educating illegal children in California is accurate, not all illegals are Mexicans. And ALL illegal immigrants pay taxes!
    P.S. Learn to spell the word BORDER before submitting a debate to a real website where real problems are discussed.

• Borders can not close

America is a symbol of freedom and independence. We most uphold those symbols and keep America great because it has never been bad. It is virtually impossible to completely shut down the borders from Mexico because people will still find a way across it. Mexicans and people from other nations are mainly coming here to give their families and children better lives. They are paying taxes as well. People are saying that they are taking away our jobs. That is true but it isn't the entire story. Americans have become lazy and the jobs that the immigrants are taking are jobs that we don't want to do. They take the lower class jobs and work as much as possible because they want their families to have better lives. Americans think they have it easy but they don't get special perks because they live in America. Everyone here is equal and if they don't want to work tat is their choice but they will be the ones broke and asking for money on the streets.

• Keep it open

Keep the border open because it provides oppertunity and we are a free country ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

• Keep it open

• Keep it open

• Continue to keep it open

• Leave it open

I believe that the Mexican border should be left open. Many Mexicans come here seeking for help and new lives. America helps these people to find new jobs for them to support their selves and their families. I think and truly believe that it would be ridiculous to close the border.

• Hjbhjjhjhhjbnbn hjjhjbhjbh jbkjkbkbjjkb

J j j j j j jj j j jj j j j jhh hjkj h jh jh j hjh jkh kjh j hj hjh jh jkh kjhj j h kj hjhjkhjhj hj j jhjk jhjhjk hhj hkj hjkhkjhjhjk kh jhj hj j hj hjkh jkh jh j hj hk