Should the United States secure the US-Mexican border?

• Yes they Should

The united states is allowing way too many illegal immigrants into this country. Illegal immigrants currently make up 3.5% of the entire united states population (around 11.2 million illegal immigrants.) California, the state with the most illegal immigrants, pays over $30 million to educate and support illegal aliens. We need to close the boarder.

• Continue to keep it open

America needs a good economy to keep business's open and the poverty line low. Foreign immigrants help boost our economy by contributing largely to the total share of output. The website epi.Org gives the statistics that foreign immigrants' share of total output was 14.7 in the years 2009-2011, which the website also shows that that percentage is an impressive feat because immigrant's percent in the U.S' total population is 13 (as of 2012). Foreign immigrants also “comprise 16 percent of the labor force”(epi.Org), which is also a notable statistic when again, their population percentage in America is 13 percent. So, foreign immigrants contribute and boost the economy by working extensively(as shown by the statistics), and putting in their fair share of work. This goes to show that the United States should keep it's borders open.

• Hi fo do

Because gi fdskhfnd cfghsrtugherlghr roigjwrehugerbfwfjgwergjrogh kierghifihb tighbrbh fjikrghro;bih trbhrtbih fjkhbfkb vb f f f f f f f f d d d d d d d d d d d d we 3 e e e e e e r 2 d d a a a a a sdsddcf fr r

• Its common sense

What Tyler said is true. Americans and LEGAL immigrants have to pay for ILLEGAL immigrants to go to school, medical and other things. In fact, hospitals in Cali. Had to shutdown their ER because to many illegals came in and couldn't pay for their services. Yes, some come here to find a better life and work. But some who come her are criminals and drug dealers. Last year we confiscated 1.4 MILLION pounds of just marijuana. And we don't even confiscate half of what gets smuggled in. The border is about 1,969 miles long. Their is no way we can protect that with the enforcement we have today. The National Guard has to help the Border Patrol because they need it. There are also unofficial militias that help the secure the border. I believe in immigration but only if they do it legally.

• Absolutely they should

The border should be secured because we don't know who is coming in and moving into your neighborhood. Once the illegal immigration is stopped crimes in states bordered to Mexico will decrease and isn't that enough reasons to close the border? Gang member, drug seller, murder, terrorist, like I said you don't know who's coming in.

• Without a doubt

The Constitution of the US states that the goverment is to secure the borders, with millions streaming accross the border so far it easy to see that has not been done. There is a law in place to secure the border with Mexico, however those sitting in Congress refuse to fund it.
    I am all for legal immigration, my wife immigrated to this country in the 80's, is it hard yes a little but is it worth it? Yes a lot

• No they should not

First of all, it is spelled B O R D E R. The BORDER is actually secured, there are customs officials, policemen, surveillance 24hrs etc. Second of all, illegals pay taxes as well. So technically the money spent to educate illegal children in California is actually payed by them. You cannot simply close the border, what about tourism, business, trade? Are you forgetting that Mexico exports many products that Americans LOVE to eat? Apparently, illegals deprive Americans of obtaining jobs, but they actually do the jobs no one wants to do. Next time, before starting a debate, get your facts and spelling straight.

• With reform, yes.

I currently am not a supporter of illegal immigration, but with reform I think opening the borders would save us money & it wouldn't be a large issue among Americans. Immigrants make up a workforce that a surprising amount of Americans can't make up ourselves. Immigrants are usually very skilled in what they plan to do in America. This broadens our ability to make progress in the labor force greatly. You may ask, "Well illegal immigrants don't pay income tax like the rest of us!" I personally think taxation is theft & nobody should be forced by the government to pay taxes, this includes legal Americans. To keep things realistic though I'll explain it this way.... One form of taxation I actually do support is a national sales tax. There's no tax on work, therefore, we do not have to worry about the 'Immigrants don't pay taxes' issue. With a national sales tax everybody already pays taxes based off of what they purchase. You can learn more at Fairtax.Org. Also, making a simpler path towards citizenship isn't harmful in my opinion. Back to my previous points, it just broadens that area of labor and tax payers. I've looked at the test immigrants have to take and it is very difficult. We can't know for sure what making a simpler path towards citizenship would actually do, but I can guarantee that more of these illegal immigrants would actually take the time to become legal. Like I said at the beginning I do not support illegal immigration, but with such reforms that I described in my argument I believe opening the borders would save America lots of money & time.

• No, they should not

The United States does not ''allow'' illegal immigrants. Why do you think they are illegal then? Illegal immigrants have been accused of 'stealing' peoples jobs, but in fact, they take the jobs that Americans think are beneath them. Such as janitors, crop pickers, cooks etc. Technically the US/Mexican Border is secured. There are fences, cameras, 24 hr surveillance, customs officers, policemen etc. The border cannot simply close. That is so stupid, why would anyone want to close it? What about trade, business and tourism? Even if the statistics of educating illegal children in California is accurate, not all illegals are Mexicans. And ALL illegal immigrants pay taxes!
    P.S. Learn to spell the word BORDER before submitting a debate to a real website where real problems are discussed.

• Continue to keep it open

• Leave it open

I believe that the Mexican border should be left open. Many Mexicans come here seeking for help and new lives. America helps these people to find new jobs for them to support their selves and their families. I think and truly believe that it would be ridiculous to close the border.

• Hjbhjjhjhhjbnbn hjjhjbhjbh jbkjkbkbjjkb

J j j j j j jj j j jj j j j jhh hjkj h jh jh j hjh jkh kjh j hj hjh jh jkh kjhj j h kj hjhjkhjhj hj j jhjk jhjhjk hhj hkj hjkhkjhjhjk kh jhj hj j hj hjkh jkh jh j hj hk

• Open the border

Why would we close the border, keeping it open not only opens opportunity to the Mexican people to start a better life we are known as the land of the free, then why don't we start treating people equal saying all Mexican people are going to bring drugs and damage the united states is racist and rude you cant group a handful of bad people into the entire Mexican population