• I think a few of the founding fathers said something prescient about this....

I'll leave this one to the Founding Fathers.
    "The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible." ~George Washington's farewell address 1796.

"But the safety of the people of America against dangers from foreign force, depends not only on their forbearing to give just cause of war to other nations, but also on their placing and continuing themselves in such a situation as not to invite hostility or insult; for it need not be observed, that there are pretended as well as just causes of war."~John Jay in the Federalist Papers No.4

• Of course not

There is no point. We don't know exactly where they are, and honestly we shouldn't fight fire with fire. Even if we manage to find terrorists, the chance is incredibly unlikely. We're already sending airstrikes to the Middle East, this has gone to such a far extent. If anything, we are becoming more like terrorists that ISIL.

• No they shouldn't

I don't understand why the United States should send ground troops into Syria when Syria is so far away.Some of Syria's neighboring countries should send the troops as I'm sure they all have armies. It's time for the countries of the Middle East to start solving their own problems for a change.

• We have been in enough wars already.

The US has built up a huge national deficit and a big part of it is because of the wars already fought in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think a lot of people in America are tired of war, tired of risking soldiers' lives, and concerned about the debt our country has. Making more war will make all these things worse.

• No, the United States should not send ground troops into Syria.

No, the United States should not send ground troops into Syria because American troops on the ground would motivate ISIS to fight harder and also help them recruit more soldiers for their cause. I believe the best strategy for the United States in Syria is to help train and send arms to the local forces to help them defeat ISIS.

• No, the US should not send ground troops into Syria

No, the US should not send ground troops into Syria. The United States needs to stop trying to police the world. Yes, the US is a world power and has a responsibility to help other countries, but ground troops will just add to the violence and death. It will be a repeat of Iraq.