• History Will Repeat

When we joined the fight against terrorism, we sent ground troops to fight against radical soldiers in the Middle East. There was a lot of debate over the subject, and in the end our soldiers ended up taking innocent lives just as much as they did guilty ones. Until we can confirm who we are fighting and can avoid directly killing innocent bystanders, we should not send troops to fight ISIS.

• No, I do not think the United States should send ground troops to defeat ISIS.

No, I do not think the United States should send ground troops to defeat ISIS because American troops on the ground would help motivate ISIS members and also help them recruit more people to their cause. I believe that the best strategy to defeating ISIS is using more drone air strikes and training the local military to defeat the terrorist organization.

• Ground Troops would be incredibly ineffective at combatting ISIS insurgents.

This is a guerilla organization we are talking about. Remember Vietnam? The Viet Cong decimated American forces with booby traps, and hit-and-run tactics. Compare that the ISIS' use of IEDs and hit-and-run tactics and it is clear that a ground war would be a large waste of resources for the United States. As an alternative, I believe that we should focus on undermining the message of ISIS. They are successfully recruiting people from all over the globe! We need to attack their ideology not them personally. If we can cure the aspects of society that cause religious fanaticism and extremism, then ISIS will dissolve, or die out. The last thing the Middle East needs is another war, they need economic aid, and to diversify their portfolios. If we can modernize them without westernizing them then they can join the first world and ISIS will have no basis for its wild hatred of the West

• No, do not send our United States troops

Let me explain how my mind works along the lines involving military maneuvers. The Civil War grew out of longstanding tensions and disagreements and for the better or worse those reasons do not warrant the loss of life and devastation brought upon the war. The superpowers involving the Korean Conflict were just using it as a front to combat each other without actually going into a ‘hot war’. The U.S. war in Vietnam involved a series of steps between 1950 and 1965 and began as a modest program of economic and military aid to the French. I can only trust my own reasoning for disliking my neighbor and to involve anything more than myself in that case is nothing more than gossip, which people allow themselves to become way too involved in.