Should the United States set the minimum age for all elected politicians to 30?

• 30 is age that most have matured

Yes, I believe that the United States should set the minimum age for elected politicians to 30. I say this because at 30 the person is mature enough to hold and execute the position. He or she is also still young enough to come up with fresh new ideas and see the potential in others' ideas as well.

• Young Minds Are Helpful

I do not believe the United States should set the minimum age for all elected politicians to 30. I believe it would be wrong to kick young minds out of Congress, if anything we need more young people in Washington. We can't change the government if people are constantly blocked from the positions to do so.

• Age should not be a requirement.

Once adulthood is reached, a minimum age should not be set for elected officials. Age is a very small factor in regards to knowledge or maturity. There are some people who would not be good politicians at any age. There are other people who are natural born leaders. Age should not play a part. The people have a right to make the decision of whether age matters during the elections.

• Young people have fresh ideas.

No, the United States should not set the minimum age for elected politicians to 30, because young politicians can add some fresh perspective about how issues affect young people. Also, the number people who can get elected when they are that young are few and far between. If they can get elected, they should have the chance to serve.

• No, the minimum age should not be thirty.

Some of the most motivated people in the world are of a younger age. This is because they have not yet achieved everything that they hope to accomplish. A lot of older politicians become complacent due to their age and place in life. Allowing some younger people into the mix could spark change.