Should the University of Maryland compensate people whose information was stolen in a massive data breach?

• University Of Maryland

I personally think that the University of MD should compensate people for the issue of the data breach because it costs a lot of money to get identity theft issues resolved and sometimes the issue can take years and years to resolve because the information that is stolen is sold to other people.

• Yes, the University of Maryland should compensate people involved in the data breach.

The University of Maryland (UM) should provide people who had their personal information compromised in the university's data breach limited compensation. The compensation should be limited to the provision of credit monitoring service for two years, credit counseling service for the same two year time frame and a cash payment not to exceed $250.

• University of MD compensate for data breach?

I do believe that the University of MD should compensate people for the issue of the data breach because it costs alot of money to get identity theft issues resolved and sometimes the issue can take years and years to resolve because the information that is stolen is sold to other people.

• Yes they should

Yes, since it was the companies computers and software that allowed the info to be taken, then need to do something to make sure that this does not happen ever again. I think that it is a really bad thing happen and they should pay for it for sure i think.

• No They Shouldn't

I do not believe the University of Maryland should have to compensate people whose information was stolen in a massive data breach. I believe the University of Maryland should provide support to any of those affected by the actual data breach. When these situations pop up then the University should be obligated to help fix the mess.