Should the US government increase social services for the poor?

• Yes social services should be increased

It's only fair that we look out for the less privelaged. We seem to be blinded by the richesse lifestyle or mediocre lifestyle even, that we remain oblivious to the real problems in society. The government should spend money on useful things as mentioned above, rather than create wars/kill civilians in different countries..

• They need help

The us gov needs to help poor people live with rights and a good society so they can live and live right even fought Obama makes really good decisions and I know he will help a lot so help the poor in the USA . Go for it USA .

• We should help.

We need to help the poor out because what if you were the "poor" person. God forbid that but try to put yourself in that persons shoes. Not every one is born in a good family. Just because u are born in one doesnt mean that u cant help out the ones who arent born in a good family/ environment. Half the kids in the bad parts of the world are dying. We need to step up our game and try to help. The poor people are also humans they also have dreams of getting a higher education and living life the way we all do.

• Yes we should help the needy

We spend so much money on some other ridiculous things that we forget that they are other people that are sleeping on a bench or under a bridge. Space exploration receives enough money to get half of the people in need some help or a shelter to provide them some kind of a place where they can call it home.

• Help is Needed

Without my dads medicare I wouldn't be able to get my insulin I would die. Though I think there should be more regulations so stupid people do not abuse it. Like drug testing and making sure their getting things to support living not I phones. That's my opinion. Thank you

• We people have worked to better our country and past ancestors. Now we've voted for governors to support needed Americans. Due to bad health conduction.

Our Vote counted and we've done our part going out to polls, believing in the United States Of America, that is part of this whole "America We Stand" so why shouldn't we be supported , we the people stood in line to vote for campaign leaders so be there for people. There are so many Americans that have worked hard for our United States to have kept this country so beautiful and let us not forget the people when their in need and hardship. Support them and look around our country you governors of or support system and do the right thing for our people.

• Yes we should increase social services

We are spending billions on a war that we shouldn't be in. Why can't we poor some money into helping the disabled, poor and elderly. It's time we took care of our own people. We put a system in place to do this, but have cut so much of it's funding that it's now become usless.

• We are not all born equal. It also saves the country money - read about it!

Because we have the ability to put ourselves in others shoes, this is what separates us from the apes. Because we have the ability to put ourselves in others shoes, this is what separates us from the apes. Because we have the ability to put ourselves in others shoes, this is what separates us from the apes.

• Yes We Should Help Increase the Support

Many people need to get some sort of service from the government. Even with our economy the way it is right now, that doesn't give us an excuse to not take care of our people. Poor people are everywhere we look. And they're also Americans. Not giving them support would be like not helping out a friend. Even if we increased it just a little bit, it would be better than where we are at right now.
    So yes, the US government should increase social services for the poor.

• You are always standing on the side of justice.

Whether or not that person you help is out to trick you, when you do help them, you have done the right thing. If you don't stop to help, then you are in the wrong. Either way, helping them is the moral thing to do. Even if they really did trick you, they are in the wrong. You have done no wrong whatsoever by helping them.

• Find a job if you are able, receive support if not

I absolutely believe that the elderly, children, and the disabled should receive government assistance. These people are not physically capable of taking care of themselves or providing for themselves. However, I cannot say how many times I have witnessed the abuse of these funds by the people receiving them. If people are well enough to volunteer, they are well enough to find a job. The job they find may not be glamorous, but it is a start. If that is what it takes to get them out of poverty then they should take responsibility for themselves. I have seen billboards for large companies that are trying to find workers. The problem being that the people who apply cannot pass the drug tests requred to receive a job. This is not the fault of the government, it is that of the individual who made the choice to take the drugs. It is the role of the government to provide for the people who cannot provide for themselves, not to continue to support those who choose not to. By giving these people more money we are not helping them to get out of poverty. Why look for another job when you are getting free money? We should not cut back on these funds, but we absolutely should not increase them. We need to be much more strict in the monitoring of the money we are handing out. Drug tests should be administered to each person who is receiving the money, maybe that will provide them with some initiative to get a job.

• Dependency, poor, laziness!

Creates more dependency on the rich, allowing the poor to do less and less now they know they don't need to work. The majority of the poor serve as parasites to democracy, allowing for politicians to feed more and more welfare to the least productive sector of society. As a result, Why can't the most productive sector receive tax breaks for all the jobs they helped create through their "greedy"actions?

• Government shouldn't support people in poverty who made a "wrong turn."

Some people go into poverty because they messed up in life. Drug abuse, alcohol abuse, teen pregnancy, gambling, etc. I'm doing research on this for a school essay, and more than half the people who are in poverty now are in poverty because of something stupid they did. Hence, I don't think government should provide any more support for people in poverty. What they have now is enough. No more, no less.

• No the US government should not increase social services for the poor.

"For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: if anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat." 2 Thessalonians 3:10

If the poor want to have a better life, they should work harder to advanced their position in life. A society doesn't run on everyone having the same standard of living. It isn't the governments job to steal from the rich, who have worked hard for their wealth, and give to those unwilling to work.

• No way

We already have welfare and social services, why do we need to increase it? The people who receive welfare and other social services are typically free from government aid after two years. This shows us that it works! There is no logical reason to change something that is not broken.

• Survival of the Fittest

The further we move away from the natural order of survival of the fittest, the faster we will implode and turn to anarchy.
    I hate to say it, but life's not fair. If you can't figure out how to bring your own worth to the table, then what's the point.
    If a family or community chooses to help some one of less fortune, then that is great. I'm all for it. But this burden shouldn't be put onto other people just because the government says so.

I'm disgusted by how people are these days.

• It's not the government's problem!!

Why do we have to give are hard EARNED money to the people we all know can get a job, and pay for things themselves. Instead of living off the government all their lives! People take advantage of the social services all the time. And I do not think that it's right. We are just wasting our (tax) money on people who can take care of themselves instead of us taking care/helping them!

• It's not the goverments job!

Why should the goverment give our hard earned tax money to those who chose to live that way? I mean I would like for my money to go into paying the military. Not lazy people. Who spend their money on drugs and such. The goverment is supose to protect us.. Not wast our money.

• The government is already becoming poor

There are 12,800,800 Americans on welfare. That's 4.1% of the united states population. People are quitting their jobs for welfare. Similarly , the government has only $10,766,435,519,250.78 that goes to the social services and the working class. The social services gets $1300.00 of that . Now that leaves us with have $10766435044750.78 left. Now ask me again should the united staes increase social services for the poor

• If you truly need it, take it

People who really need it should take full advantage of social services but a lot of the people don't need it, they are simply to lazy to get off there buts and find a job. Its important to only use social services if you need, people dont need to be dumb