• Intervening in the middle east is a terrible idea

We have not had one decade from the last one hundred years when we weren't in a war of some sort, and now the government wants to go into Syria? That is just a bad idea. I think we should just let the middle east take care of their own problems. I didn't vote for him.

• What is the US thinking? Are we really going to get ourselves stuck in another devastating deadly war?

I think not! We haven't even moved ourselves out of Afghanistan yet and the US already wants to participate in a new war! Is the US just craving blood and war? We have our own problems in our own country yet the US feels the need to engage in Syria. I really hope they change their mind like they did last year.

• The US should not intervene.

The United States should not intervene in the Middle East. The tension in the Middle East is already high enough and the United States should just stay away. The conflict in the Middle East has been going on forever and the United States intervening will not help out at all.

• No, interfering in foreign affairs is a horrible idea.

The US should not have intervened in any foreign events. There are plenty of problems in our own country that should take priority over trying to spread democracy to an area that doesn't necessarily want it. Now our military forces are spread thin trying to engage in too many foreign affairs that shouldn't have required the US's attention.