• If not banned then restricted.

Individual Police Offices have already shown many times that they do not posses the self control to know when not to use these weapons on people they could otherwise control by securing their limbs.

Tazering 84 year old seniors and children as young as 13. People who are mentally challenged and overall people who do not pose a threat to them. These are the acts of sadist - no other honest way to look at it. We need national guidelines so that police in small podunk town will not have excuses.

And needless to say, if the rules prohibit tazering, then should also cover shootings.

• I have been shot with a taser

On my 27th birthday I had the cops called on me for disorderly conduct and when the officer arrived I was sitting down and he informed me I was under-arrest and to get on my feet so I stood up and said this is bullshit and walked toward him so he could handcuff me. He never told me to get on the ground or put my hands up or behind my back and It should be pointed out that this was the 3rd time out of 4 times that this same cop arrested me and I always felt he was out to get me. So when I stood up he pushed me through a window probably to give him time to grab his taser from its holster and when I turned around he shot me in the stomach and gave me at least 2 jolts. I dropped immediately and the paramedics arrived 10 minutes later to pullout the taser from my stomach. This cop in my view used excessive force and just pushing me threw the window would have given him time to restrain me because it was 15 seconds before I ever turned around, but he just had to use that Damn taser and ultimately got his wish. Cops these days have no remorse for the pain and suffering they cause when they decide to go beyond the normal apprehension of a suspect and are trained from day one to use excessive force if the suspect doesn't bow down to them. I feel a taser is just another toy for them to play with and they will use it whenever they get a chance just like an assault rifle. If a cop isn't man enough to take down a suspect without a taser than they shouldn't be a cop.

• Ban tasers for ever

Seriously people. These are modern mobile torture devices and the police know it. People have died from them all over the world. Only sadist's use tasers. The reason why it's better for police to only use guns is so that they don't go to far. To use a firearm means it's a life and death situation. The amount of paperwork the officer has to do if he fires off 1 bullet is massive. How many times have we seen dim witted sadistic police officers tase people over minor offences??? It's beyond absurd now.

• Police should not use tasers

Police should not use tasers Because tasers do not work more often than guns Jam.
    If a tasers did not work a cop may have to use his gun still so why not banned taser.
    If sould be told to put are guns down with they guns out but cops do not care they get mooney

• Police should not use tasers

• For school to pass

If a taser not used by the right they are banned for the best of use humans

• Yes l l

Cops can kill us all. . . . . .. ................. .... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . ... . . .. . . .. . . . .. . . . . . . .

• Have the people who defend tasers ever actually been shot by one!!!!

I have been taserd by the trigger happy sadistic uk police.
    I was taserd 3 times and once in the head, YES THE HEAD.
    Then whilst unconscious and convulsing on my kitchen floor they then smashed my face in with batons torches and the good old policeman's boot!!.
    I was hospitalised and needed my face sewn back together.
    Oh and I sued these animals in uniform and won!!
    Tasers are POTENTIAL KILLERS FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And before all the bleeding heart brigade start shouting 2 yeh you must have done something real bad for the cops to nearly kill you"
    no I was no bank robber, no terrorist, no psychotic mad man brandishing a gun or knife!!
    I was in my own home in my shorts when they tried to kill me.
    My crime was calling an Asian taxi driver a pakki!!!

• Taser gun usage is always excessive!

Videos after videos, I watched police tasering people who are already on restraints over and over until the suspects in custody go into cardiac arrest. Police does not recognize the condition until the suspect stops breathing and then they try to administer CPR, whereas the damage is already done. I do not believe the police officers can restrain themselves, so they overreact and overuse the taser guns. The guns should never fire more than twice, but tasering at least 4 times is very common. They literally use it to kill people slower. The laws must be set to limit how many times a taser gun can be triggered and how much time must be given in between each shock. The taser should simply detect whether it was already used on the suspect once (basic electronics circuitry can be built into the taser for this) and it simply should not fire a second time back to back. Otherwise they must be simply banned, police officers will never learn to use them properly even for a routine task as subduing resisting inmates while transferring. Many mentally ill people actually died during transfers because of excessive tasering. See Natasha McKenna's case.

• The pain pain

The holes and pain it causes. A a a a a a a a a a aaaa a aa a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a aa a a a a a a a a a a a a

• Would you rather get shot?

Getting taser isn't as bad as getting shot as it only shuts down your muscle for a couple of seconds sure it leaves holes in your body but so does a gun...... The only difference is that one kills and one doesn't. So make up your minds people, always taking about police shooting people for no good reason and here your saying your saying police should have tasers

• They're useful to police!

Because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowedBecause it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed
    because it should be allowed

• Common Get Real, Tasers are needed

Why would anyone suggest removing the Taser, its better than getting shot! It is a lesser means of violence is always preferable, and better for both sides. These days police have to meet force with force, and it seems all the bad guys have guns, so it would be idiotic to believe that they shouldn't carry any weapons. If you pull a gun, you intend to use it, and a gun should not be used in every occasion, so obviously the use of the taser is safer than having a gun pulled on you. Their protocol should change, because it states, when all lessor means have failed you should use the gun, and they don't use pepper spray first, but then it applies to the situation. I hate when a gun is pulled on me, and I don't think anybody else does. The frequently take things to the extreme, and do not use the lessor, so like I said they need to change protocol.

• Tasers are safer than guns.

Tasers should not be banned.They are already in use and are a safer alertintave than guns. If the suspect was out of control the best way to get them in hand cuffs would be a taser.Tasers are not intentionally made for killing they are a subsituite and are less harmful than guns.

• Would you rather be shot?

Police have two main, reasonable ways of defending themselves from potentially dangerous criminals. A taser, or a gun. So, would you rather be shot? When shooting, they must aim for center mass, which more often than not will result in a fatal wound. Really, if you haven't done anything wrong, you won't need to worry about it.

• Would you rather be shot?

• Would you rather be shot?

• Would you rather be shot?

• Would you rather be shot?

• Would you rather be shot?

There are some people who need to be tased. They pose a threat to the people around them and the only other option to a dangerous person than being tased is being shot, and everyone knows how people react when that happens. Although there is the potential of death, tasing a dangerous person is the best alternative to shooting.