• Teens suffer the double standard.

One reason that the voting age should be lowered to 14 is because teens suffer the double standard. CNN found that in 1992 a 14 year old kid was sent to jail for 5 years for robbing a Gas station and failing. As you can see this shows that teens can be tried as an adult but do not have the right to vote as one. CNN said that lowering the voting age would be a way to make it fair. So if everyone has equal punishments then they should have equal rights because it’s fair. Therefore if the voting age was lowered it would be fair to penalize teens like adults.

• No it shouldn't

Allow me to start by saying I'm 15 years old, and this would be a terrible idea. When the recent tax bill was proposed, I saw this from the outside looking in. It had no effect on me, and I doubt that it did for many of my peers. For the same reason that people from other countries aren't allowed to vote for our elected officials, is likely the same reason minors aren't allowed to. The changes that are made by the officials wouldn't affect us in many ways, so we wouldn't have a stake in the officials nor would we carefully weigh in on our vote.

• A Vote is a Privilege

The right to vote should not be universal. A voter has power and influence over the most important decisions being made in a country and with this comes the responsibility to make an informed decision. Earning the right to vote could come from many different places - paying taxes, undertaking civil service, or passing a competency test about the issues you want to vote on could all be valid means of determining who can vote, but reaching a certain age with no other requirements should never entitle you to vote.

• Abolish voting all together

The concept of voting breaks the non-aggression principle as it proclaims that your neighbors and community have the rights to the fruits of your labor, We should abolish all forms of government as they exist not by producing but by taking from those who do, I simply advocate the right to life, liberty and property

• Voting should be reserved for independent adults.

We simply cannot let teenagers vote because they most likely don't hold a job and still legally have to live with their parents. These children don't know what it is like to live on their own and hold a proper job which therefore would likely make them vote for a random candidate because they don't know who they would like.