• I think yes

Your parents already say that you cant do this and that; but you should have the right in voting. Because whats the point in life if you cant make any decisions by your self not a world that i like living in but that's me i don't know about you.

• I am 13 and i want to vote

We should be able to vote even though you are not considered an adult. We should be able to elect who we want to be our president and not just let adults decide it because it is unfair if we don't argue with the ideas of the new president we should have a saying of who to vote for for yourself,

• It's the right thing to do.

Teens should learn how to vote responsibly and carefully. It's good learning, and we can't hold teens back from learning, or rights to vote for that matter. The world would be a better place if teens were not labeled "teens", because they have the same rights as adults. So let us vote, or... Well, nothing I guess.

• I support the voting age being lowered

The teenagers in our country don't really have a voice. By the time they reach 13 they have had about 8 years of education. They should be allowed to voice their opinion. And, if their parents don't think they are mature enough to vote, then the parents or caretaker can stop them. Simple...

• I,am 13 and I love to learn about voting.

More than half the worlds population in teens should be able to vote because later in life you might vote but if you don't start voting soon how will you know how to vote in the future. I, am 13 and I like to learn about voting with the rest of the world.

• Teens need to learn about voting

Teens need to learn about voting before they are 18 so when they are 18, they will make great decisions. I am not 13 yet, but I would love to vote in a few years because I have an opinion, too. So let teens vote. It makes our society better.

• Teens need to learn about voting

• It would be a great experience for young teens to participate take apart in voting at a young age as 13 and up

Most adults complain about their kids not knowing whats going on with how the government runs! By teens voting now they are learning, so that when they grow up already voting, then they won't misunderstand! Young teenagers are smart and have great opinions, so their decisions they make will help!

• It should be

I think that the voting age should be reduced because its more about the maturity in society and maturity is definitely not something you can achieve at the age of 18. You guys do have a point saying that 13 year olds brain isn't fully developed but then again there are some 13 year old geniuses that can handle the responsibility unless you go up to every 13 year old you can not say for sure. And also 13 year olds are a part of society and i think having the generation before them do all the voting just isn't right. Since there a part of society they have all rights to vote.

• Yes i think that voting should be lowered

I think that voting should be lowered to 13 so 13 year old have a say . At 13 your a teenager so u should be able to vote . 13 year olds are old enough to have a say in what is happening . Maybe they shouldnt get to say things that efferct are country but they should be able to have a say in what is happening in the commituty .

• I Can't even decide what I want for dinner.

Right now I am 14. I am not now or was I at 13, old enough to make the decision on our president. Teens up until the age of 18 are most likely not able to judge who would be fit to run our country. This in in general and some teens would be able to make the decision to appoint our president but there are more teens playing computer games and smoking weed than those who can make eligible decisions. In conclusion 13 year olds are really not old or mature enough to vote for our president.

• At 13 kids are not capable

At the age of 13 kids are heavily influenced by others,do not understand the process of picking a candidate and are not mature enough to handle a country decision. Many of the kids will choose what their friends do and will easily be tempted by bribes, if this happens the candidates will make bribes that support teens so they vote for them this is not the way to vote for our countries leader

• No they shouldn't

They should not vote because it may just backfire then you pick the wrong person then we have a bad president or something. Also teens might be stupid enough to pick a bad person or something. Also you might just do do something very stupid. Also they might just pick the one who looks the coolest.

• No it should not

13-year-olds are impulsive, immature, and heavily influenced by those around them, especially adults. I was once 13 and I thought I knew everything about life, but now look back and realize how dumb I was. They cannot cast an independently made decision nor foresee the long-term impact of their word.

• Children really don't know what they want!

As a child myself, i would just go for the guy that looks the coolest or something like that. But that's not politically correct. It would be dumb for a child to vote at this age. Either way children wouldn't know who to vote for but they would vote for whoever their friends vote for.

• They are still kids. They don't know what they are doing. They usually just do what their parents.

There is a lot of coping still in 13 year olds, so they will vote on the same person as their parents. SO that will mean, that the bigger a family, the more votes you get to give. But I think, that then voting wouldn't be fair. The more families on a condidates side, the more likely he is to win then.

• No, I don't think so.

I think that voting age should be based on mature people, and by mature people it means people that not teenagers. WIthout maturity I think that people wouldn't be able to make right choices for the society. Young people shouldn't be allowed because of this reason that I just provided.

• I think not!

I am a 13 year old and I think that the voting age should stay the same as it is now. Kids and some teens are probably going to be influenced by their parents, so for some families, it would be like voting twice through your kids. Also I really don't know (or care) much about what is going on with politics, unless there is something big happening. Also some 13 year olds might have no say on the voting and just rely on what their friends tell them.

• They are heavily influenced at 13

A 13 year old does not have the mental capacity and analytical abilities to independently judge without being influenced It's not about being smart or knowing about the issues; or being politically aware; it's about maturity and judgment, which 13 year olds simply don't have. They will just be parroting what parents and others say.

• No way to lower the yoting age

13 is just too young and I'm 12 and I know this we just don't get politics yet and we are immature, yet we do have brains at this age so that is a bad title. So anyway we don't need this pressure on us we are just kids I mean come on. There is not good reason for us to vote yet!

Quan says2014-01-08T21:12:57.733
I can definitely see some sense in a lower voting age. It may make our nation's youth more politically informed, for starters. It also gives them a say in policies that will directly affect them in the near future. For example, my generation would have been given an opportunity to vote against policies that drastically inflated our higher education costs and reduced the value of college degrees. Instead we were forced to take on crippling student loan debt to attend what has effectively become a mere extension of high school. That debt will cripple us for life no matter how we vote.
Quan says2014-01-08T21:17:17.553
The downside is that children are still very much under the control of their parents, so in practice it may just give parents additional votes.