• Yes they should They are people too like you and me.

The twenty sixth amendment of the U.S. constitution states that “The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.”This is pretty much saying that you must be 18 or older to vote, but will the voting age ever be lowered?The minimum to vote is 18 and it has been that way for a long time, its time for a change.The age to vote should be lowered to 13 years and older.First 13 should be the voting age because being 18 doesn’t necessarily mean that you're mature, it just means that the person is almost all grown up. Also when a person grows up they’re brain actually shrinks believe it or not,But at the age of thirteen our brain is 3/4 of the way done being grown.

• I am 13 and i want to vote

We should be able to vote even though you are not considered an adult. We should be able to elect who we want to be our president and not just let adults decide it because it is unfair if we don't argue with the ideas of the new president we should have a saying of who to vote for for yourself,

• Yes i think that voting should be lowered

I think that voting should be lowered to 13 so 13 year old have a say . At 13 your a teenager so u should be able to vote . 13 year olds are old enough to have a say in what is happening . Maybe they shouldnt get to say things that efferct are country but they should be able to have a say in what is happening in the commituty .

• It would be a great experience for young teens to participate take apart in voting at a young age as 13 and up

Most adults complain about their kids not knowing whats going on with how the government runs! By teens voting now they are learning, so that when they grow up already voting, then they won't misunderstand! Young teenagers are smart and have great opinions, so their decisions they make will help!

• It should be

I think that the voting age should be reduced because its more about the maturity in society and maturity is definitely not something you can achieve at the age of 18. You guys do have a point saying that 13 year olds brain isn't fully developed but then again there are some 13 year old geniuses that can handle the responsibility unless you go up to every 13 year old you can not say for sure. And also 13 year olds are a part of society and i think having the generation before them do all the voting just isn't right. Since there a part of society they have all rights to vote.

• No, 13 is too young.

Are we being real here. In today's world a teen ager is young, young, young. He or she is cared for by parents and provided for well into the twenties in most cases. So it would be really stupid to think that these folks would be smart enough to pick well.

• How about yes

At 13 most teens are entering the world of politics, they are starting to develop there own personal beliefs. In turn if most 13 year olds have the political knowledge like I know they do because I am 13 and know first hand, than what's stopping them from voting, they have the knowledge, they realize there own political beliefs, go right ahead and vote!

• I say yes.

I think that votting should be lowered to 13 bcause it gives the voice of the kids. I think that it tells u not just what the adults want but what the kids want to. I think if ur 13 u are grown up enough to give your voice. Also i think that kids should that kids should be able to have a say in what there commity is doing. I also think that at 13 u should be able to vote for country things so i think that we should low commituy votting she be lowered to 13. I think that kids should that kids at 13 would be eady for the power of votting for coumtry things. So i believe that commity votting should be lowered to 13 not the country voting.

• It should be

Personally, as a 14 year old ( which doesn't make me dumb) the people I find around myself are much more politically aware than the adults. Also at this point we're likely to have a clearer vision than adults who may be bent towards a candidate who ( promises ) to solve their problems instead of what's good for all.

• It should be

When kids enter their teenage years, they start to mature and wonder more about things. Reality starts to hit them. They become more and more curious about what goes on in the world. I know that when I was 13, I wanted to vote so badly. I researched the candidates and knew all about them. And it wasn't just me. Kids around me wanted to vote too. Sometimes in class, we would start debates about who would be the best president. We knew what party we were and everything. I understand that some kids would do it as a joke, but I personally think more kids would take it seriously. What do you guys think?

• No they should not be able to vote

I personally think 13 year olds should not be able to vote. I am thirteen myself, and know for a fact that I would not be able to make the right decision. Voting is a big deal, it predicts our future president and many people can be influenced by the wrong things such as appearance or race, which is unfair. I just don't think 13 year olds would have the brains to make the right decision on their own.

• You may have a point.

I understand your argument, however it just does not make sense to have the majority of immature thirteen year old kids to make life changing decisions on who their leaders will be. Even though there are thirteen year old geniuses you have to think about the majority of thirteen year old people..

• I'm 15 years old and even I even think this isn't a good idea

When have you noticed that 13yr olds have a major interest in politics ?Maybe some do but the majority of us teenagers don't. That doesn't mean we don't care about things that happen in society. I just feel like some teens are so ignorant or just would vote to mess with others. 18 is a good mature age to be able to make sure and stable decisions about our country and what can effect everyone.

• I say no to 13-18 yr old to vote

Have you ever wondered that voting age should or should not be lowered to age 13? Many teenagers really wish that to occur but there are a few reasons why the government and parents haven’t allowed it to occur yet. Kids who are thirteen through eighteen year olds are all immature. Their brains haven’t developed enough yet. When thirteen to eighteen year olds are the cause of accidents why should they vote at all? They are very eager and that eagerness can cause a huge destruction to the world. Kids should wait until they are old enough. The more they want to the more they will make problems for the world.

• To much influence from environment

Being 15 years old I have little to no knowledge on elections and government. The only reason I am a republican is because my parents. Its just how I was taught and raised. I'm sure the same goes for teenagers across the nation. Especially down here in the south where I am, political views run deep through heritage.

• The people of this country are stupid already

I'm 16 years old, I'm 2 years away from voting. I am taking politic classes and learning about how our government runs and how the congress men run it. Unfortunately not this isn't a manditiory class, there are many and many uneducated voters screwing up the country. Granted they have the right to vote, lowering the voting age will only invited more uneducated voters into the system.

• No it shouldn't

Were just in middle school. Were too young and I have not a clue about what politics are. I think the government is so stupid. 18 is a perfect age to vote it means were now mature and grown up. Personally I'm not going to vote that's too much work and I don't what the government is. SARAH WAS HERE

• No it shouldn't

• I don't think people at 13 yrs old are mature enough!

You are in the middle of middle school, and you for sure don't know EVERYTHING about politics. I am 15, and I barely know about politics. I think that it should be changed to 20 because I feel at 20, you are slightly more mature then you were at 18.

• No it should not

How could someone even debate on this ? Especially when half of the 18 year olds that can vote still are not mature enough { no hate towards anyone. } Quite honestly at that age they're not mature enough nor would many of them want to take on that responsibility. I don't think this should even be a question. 100% no

Quan says2014-01-08T21:12:57.733
I can definitely see some sense in a lower voting age. It may make our nation's youth more politically informed, for starters. It also gives them a say in policies that will directly affect them in the near future. For example, my generation would have been given an opportunity to vote against policies that drastically inflated our higher education costs and reduced the value of college degrees. Instead we were forced to take on crippling student loan debt to attend what has effectively become a mere extension of high school. That debt will cripple us for life no matter how we vote.
Quan says2014-01-08T21:17:17.553
The downside is that children are still very much under the control of their parents, so in practice it may just give parents additional votes.
PurpleMayoKing says2015-01-28T14:56:36.537
I think everyone should be able to vote. It's not fair that my mayo can't vote. They cry to me all day about how they're men from hell. I keep telling them that they are not Hellman's. They don't believe me. I keep telling them they're Kraft. They really want to vote. Mayonnaise, unite!