• Yes they should They are people too like you and me.

The twenty sixth amendment of the U.S. constitution states that “The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.”This is pretty much saying that you must be 18 or older to vote, but will the voting age ever be lowered?The minimum to vote is 18 and it has been that way for a long time, its time for a change.The age to vote should be lowered to 13 years and older.First 13 should be the voting age because being 18 doesn’t necessarily mean that you're mature, it just means that the person is almost all grown up. Also when a person grows up they’re brain actually shrinks believe it or not,But at the age of thirteen our brain is 3/4 of the way done being grown.

• I am 13 and i want to vote

We should be able to vote even though you are not considered an adult. We should be able to elect who we want to be our president and not just let adults decide it because it is unfair if we don't argue with the ideas of the new president we should have a saying of who to vote for for yourself,

• It's the right thing to do.

Teens should learn how to vote responsibly and carefully. It's good learning, and we can't hold teens back from learning, or rights to vote for that matter. The world would be a better place if teens were not labeled "teens", because they have the same rights as adults. So let us vote, or... Well, nothing I guess.

• I support the voting age being lowered

The teenagers in our country don't really have a voice. By the time they reach 13 they have had about 8 years of education. They should be allowed to voice their opinion. And, if their parents don't think they are mature enough to vote, then the parents or caretaker can stop them. Simple...

• I,am 13 and I love to learn about voting.

More than half the worlds population in teens should be able to vote because later in life you might vote but if you don't start voting soon how will you know how to vote in the future. I, am 13 and I like to learn about voting with the rest of the world.

• Teens need to learn about voting

Teens need to learn about voting before they are 18 so when they are 18, they will make great decisions. I am not 13 yet, but I would love to vote in a few years because I have an opinion, too. So let teens vote. It makes our society better.

• Teens need to learn about voting

• It would be a great experience for young teens to participate take apart in voting at a young age as 13 and up

Most adults complain about their kids not knowing whats going on with how the government runs! By teens voting now they are learning, so that when they grow up already voting, then they won't misunderstand! Young teenagers are smart and have great opinions, so their decisions they make will help!

• It should be

I think that the voting age should be reduced because its more about the maturity in society and maturity is definitely not something you can achieve at the age of 18. You guys do have a point saying that 13 year olds brain isn't fully developed but then again there are some 13 year old geniuses that can handle the responsibility unless you go up to every 13 year old you can not say for sure. And also 13 year olds are a part of society and i think having the generation before them do all the voting just isn't right. Since there a part of society they have all rights to vote.

• Yes i think that voting should be lowered

I think that voting should be lowered to 13 so 13 year old have a say . At 13 your a teenager so u should be able to vote . 13 year olds are old enough to have a say in what is happening . Maybe they shouldnt get to say things that efferct are country but they should be able to have a say in what is happening in the commituty .

• I'm 15 years old and even I even think this isn't a good idea

When have you noticed that 13yr olds have a major interest in politics ?Maybe some do but the majority of us teenagers don't. That doesn't mean we don't care about things that happen in society. I just feel like some teens are so ignorant or just would vote to mess with others. 18 is a good mature age to be able to make sure and stable decisions about our country and what can effect everyone.

• I say no to 13-18 yr old to vote

Have you ever wondered that voting age should or should not be lowered to age 13? Many teenagers really wish that to occur but there are a few reasons why the government and parents haven’t allowed it to occur yet. Kids who are thirteen through eighteen year olds are all immature. Their brains haven’t developed enough yet. When thirteen to eighteen year olds are the cause of accidents why should they vote at all? They are very eager and that eagerness can cause a huge destruction to the world. Kids should wait until they are old enough. The more they want to the more they will make problems for the world.

• To much influence from environment

Being 15 years old I have little to no knowledge on elections and government. The only reason I am a republican is because my parents. Its just how I was taught and raised. I'm sure the same goes for teenagers across the nation. Especially down here in the south where I am, political views run deep through heritage.

• The people of this country are stupid already

I'm 16 years old, I'm 2 years away from voting. I am taking politic classes and learning about how our government runs and how the congress men run it. Unfortunately not this isn't a manditiory class, there are many and many uneducated voters screwing up the country. Granted they have the right to vote, lowering the voting age will only invited more uneducated voters into the system.

• No it shouldn't

Were just in middle school. Were too young and I have not a clue about what politics are. I think the government is so stupid. 18 is a perfect age to vote it means were now mature and grown up. Personally I'm not going to vote that's too much work and I don't what the government is. SARAH WAS HERE

• No it shouldn't

• I don't think people at 13 yrs old are mature enough!

You are in the middle of middle school, and you for sure don't know EVERYTHING about politics. I am 15, and I barely know about politics. I think that it should be changed to 20 because I feel at 20, you are slightly more mature then you were at 18.

• No it should not

How could someone even debate on this ? Especially when half of the 18 year olds that can vote still are not mature enough { no hate towards anyone. } Quite honestly at that age they're not mature enough nor would many of them want to take on that responsibility. I don't think this should even be a question. 100% no

• No they should not be able to vote

I personally think 13 year olds should not be able to vote. I am thirteen myself, and know for a fact that I would not be able to make the right decision. Voting is a big deal, it predicts our future president and many people can be influenced by the wrong things such as appearance or race, which is unfair. I just don't think 13 year olds would have the brains to make the right decision on their own.

• Teens are not mature enough

Teens from ages 13 - 18 one of the biggest causes of death is accidents because they not mature enough. Their brains aren't fully developed. I'm 13 and I know nothing about politics, it would be bit overwhelming for me to vote and I don't really think the government is going to lower the voting age.

Quan says2014-01-08T21:12:57.733
I can definitely see some sense in a lower voting age. It may make our nation's youth more politically informed, for starters. It also gives them a say in policies that will directly affect them in the near future. For example, my generation would have been given an opportunity to vote against policies that drastically inflated our higher education costs and reduced the value of college degrees. Instead we were forced to take on crippling student loan debt to attend what has effectively become a mere extension of high school. That debt will cripple us for life no matter how we vote.
Quan says2014-01-08T21:17:17.553
The downside is that children are still very much under the control of their parents, so in practice it may just give parents additional votes.