• Why shouldn't they be allowed?

Teens are as much part of our country as adults are, we should not disrespect them and treat them like they are nothing. The youths of our country are very important and should have a say in how the country is run as they have to live in it to. They are much cleverer than we give them credit for and understand a great deal more than we did at that age. I think that we need to understand how times have changed and how, with that, the people and topics being taught have changed too.

• Teen should be able to vote

Teens should be able to vote because they could learn from it, how are they supposed learn about their country when they cant even vote. Kids need to be able to learn so that they can make the right choices when they are put into this big world. Thank you

• Yes the children should vote

If the children are our future we should let them chose who and how to vote, it doesn't matter how old they are it matters who to believe in. I think children should vote at the age of 13,anyhow they should have a say in their future and the right to speak! The adults think were so ignorant and don't care but the ones who are ignorant and do care should be able to vote. Let teens make the right choice!

• I think yes

Your parents already say that you cant do this and that; but you should have the right in voting. Because whats the point in life if you cant make any decisions by your self not a world that i like living in but that's me i don't know about you.

• I am 13 and i want to vote

We should be able to vote even though you are not considered an adult. We should be able to elect who we want to be our president and not just let adults decide it because it is unfair if we don't argue with the ideas of the new president we should have a saying of who to vote for for yourself,

• It's the right thing to do.

Teens should learn how to vote responsibly and carefully. It's good learning, and we can't hold teens back from learning, or rights to vote for that matter. The world would be a better place if teens were not labeled "teens", because they have the same rights as adults. So let us vote, or... Well, nothing I guess.

• I support the voting age being lowered

The teenagers in our country don't really have a voice. By the time they reach 13 they have had about 8 years of education. They should be allowed to voice their opinion. And, if their parents don't think they are mature enough to vote, then the parents or caretaker can stop them. Simple...

• I,am 13 and I love to learn about voting.

More than half the worlds population in teens should be able to vote because later in life you might vote but if you don't start voting soon how will you know how to vote in the future. I, am 13 and I like to learn about voting with the rest of the world.

• Teens need to learn about voting

Teens need to learn about voting before they are 18 so when they are 18, they will make great decisions. I am not 13 yet, but I would love to vote in a few years because I have an opinion, too. So let teens vote. It makes our society better.

• Teens need to learn about voting

• Teens are not mature enough

Teens from ages 13 - 18 one of the biggest causes of death is accidents because they not mature enough. Their brains aren't fully developed. I'm 13 and I know nothing about politics, it would be bit overwhelming for me to vote and I don't really think the government is going to lower the voting age.

• I think the voting age should not be lowered to thirteen.

Allowing thirteen year-olds to vote would flood our government with their parent’s beliefs. A child is taught by his or her parents. Therefore, if the parent is Democratic, the child, having grown up with the notion that the superior party is Democratic, will vote for the democratic candidate. The same goes to Republican families. At the age of thirteen, you are not usually who you are when you grow up. Keeping the voting age at eighteen ensures that our nation will have a national voice, not children’s opinions.

• We are too young to understand politics.

I am fifteen years old I know for a fact I wouldn't be ready to vote now let alone if I was thirteen years old. Although some people at my age know more about politics, many don't fully understand who they'd be voting for and would also possibly be biased by their parents' decisions, and not who they might really consider to vote for if they were at a more mature age, eighteen.

• No No No

They are influenced by their friends, family, and anyone that wants to influence them. They are so immature to vote. All they do is sit and play games. The last thing they think about is politics. Its good to learn more about politics, but not like this. You need to be taught first. Thirteens are judgmental, so they will just pick the person who looks the coolest, has the most money, and has the most interesting background. Therefore thirteens should not vote for the person who is going to run our country.

• We Are Not Ready.

I know they say that we are the future but we aren't old enough to make those decisions yet and we can be easily influenced. I should know I am 13. Anyway, most people judge by clothes and personality when they should be judging upon their actions. If they were to vote they might chose the wrong person who misleads us and we end up with more taxes and more strict laws. And when we are older we will know that these consequences are our fault for wanting to vote so i say once again we are not ready

• Really? Of course not,

Teenagers are reckless (I know because I am one), they are easily bribe-able, they can be influenced by their friends and family to pick a candidate, and they know almost nothing about politics. Most of the information they get is straight from the media, which I think we all know isn't 100% true, or people they hear gossiping about a candidate.

• Not mature enough!!!

13 year olds are not mature enough, many of them I know still play weird video games or think about cooties! They would probably do eeny, meeny, miny, moe! ( did I spell that correctly? Though I am only 20, and I want to vote, too, i know that I am still too young to make such a big decision.

• I Can't even decide what I want for dinner.

Right now I am 14. I am not now or was I at 13, old enough to make the decision on our president. Teens up until the age of 18 are most likely not able to judge who would be fit to run our country. This in in general and some teens would be able to make the decision to appoint our president but there are more teens playing computer games and smoking weed than those who can make eligible decisions. In conclusion 13 year olds are really not old or mature enough to vote for our president.

• At 13 kids are not capable

At the age of 13 kids are heavily influenced by others,do not understand the process of picking a candidate and are not mature enough to handle a country decision. Many of the kids will choose what their friends do and will easily be tempted by bribes, if this happens the candidates will make bribes that support teens so they vote for them this is not the way to vote for our countries leader

• No they shouldn't

They should not vote because it may just backfire then you pick the wrong person then we have a bad president or something. Also teens might be stupid enough to pick a bad person or something. Also you might just do do something very stupid. Also they might just pick the one who looks the coolest.

Quan says2014-01-08T21:12:57.733
I can definitely see some sense in a lower voting age. It may make our nation's youth more politically informed, for starters. It also gives them a say in policies that will directly affect them in the near future. For example, my generation would have been given an opportunity to vote against policies that drastically inflated our higher education costs and reduced the value of college degrees. Instead we were forced to take on crippling student loan debt to attend what has effectively become a mere extension of high school. That debt will cripple us for life no matter how we vote.
Quan says2014-01-08T21:17:17.553
The downside is that children are still very much under the control of their parents, so in practice it may just give parents additional votes.