• I am 13 and i want to vote

We should be able to vote even though you are not considered an adult. We should be able to elect who we want to be our president and not just let adults decide it because it is unfair if we don't argue with the ideas of the new president we should have a saying of who to vote for for yourself,

• Yes they should They are people too like you and me.

The twenty sixth amendment of the U.S. constitution states that “The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.”This is pretty much saying that you must be 18 or older to vote, but will the voting age ever be lowered?The minimum to vote is 18 and it has been that way for a long time, its time for a change.The age to vote should be lowered to 13 years and older.First 13 should be the voting age because being 18 doesn’t necessarily mean that you're mature, it just means that the person is almost all grown up. Also when a person grows up they’re brain actually shrinks believe it or not,But at the age of thirteen our brain is 3/4 of the way done being grown.

• Teens Give in to Society

People always say that teens are immature and stupid, but there are good young people in the world that want to get rights and a say in what goes on in America. Adolescence is in between the ages 13-18 and that is finally the time teens get some sense knocked into your brain. I'm saying that because it's the time in life when we have to step up and make wiser decisions.

• Why shouldn't they be allowed?

Teens are as much part of our country as adults are, we should not disrespect them and treat them like they are nothing. The youths of our country are very important and should have a say in how the country is run as they have to live in it to. They are much cleverer than we give them credit for and understand a great deal more than we did at that age. I think that we need to understand how times have changed and how, with that, the people and topics being taught have changed too.

• Teen should be able to vote

Teens should be able to vote because they could learn from it, how are they supposed learn about their country when they cant even vote. Kids need to be able to learn so that they can make the right choices when they are put into this big world. Thank you

• Yes the children should vote

If the children are our future we should let them chose who and how to vote, it doesn't matter how old they are it matters who to believe in. I think children should vote at the age of 13,anyhow they should have a say in their future and the right to speak! The adults think were so ignorant and don't care but the ones who are ignorant and do care should be able to vote. Let teens make the right choice!

• I think yes

Your parents already say that you cant do this and that; but you should have the right in voting. Because whats the point in life if you cant make any decisions by your self not a world that i like living in but that's me i don't know about you.

• We Need An Education In Politics

I've looked at a lot of the different debate websites about this subject. And something I found t all of them was that all the people 13 and older are saying that 13 year old's (and younger) don't have the education in politics to vote. Why is that? Because the adults haven't made the decision to teach about politics in school. We're being taught by our parents, who teach us their own view, not the other parties. We need the education.

• We Are The Future

The kids in our country are the future, and being the future of a country means you have to actually participate in elections and other things. I'm feeling kind of suppressed, not having a say in any of the laws that dictate what happen in schools, or governors that just take more money away from schools. I can understand that we're under educated about this, but if we get the right to vote we'll have more incentive to learn about it.

• Teens are very eager to have a chance to pick sides in an election.

Teens are able to express themselves and also that can share their opinion for once on who should be the President. Eagerness is a huge role in this argument because teens are so eager to vote. Teens are so eager that they might petition if they choose too. They deserve a chance at voting. So come on and change it!

• To much influence from environment

Being 15 years old I have little to no knowledge on elections and government. The only reason I am a republican is because my parents. Its just how I was taught and raised. I'm sure the same goes for teenagers across the nation. Especially down here in the south where I am, political views run deep through heritage.

• The people of this country are stupid already

I'm 16 years old, I'm 2 years away from voting. I am taking politic classes and learning about how our government runs and how the congress men run it. Unfortunately not this isn't a manditiory class, there are many and many uneducated voters screwing up the country. Granted they have the right to vote, lowering the voting age will only invited more uneducated voters into the system.

• No it shouldn't

Were just in middle school. Were too young and I have not a clue about what politics are. I think the government is so stupid. 18 is a perfect age to vote it means were now mature and grown up. Personally I'm not going to vote that's too much work and I don't what the government is. SARAH WAS HERE

• No it shouldn't

• I don't think people at 13 yrs old are mature enough!

You are in the middle of middle school, and you for sure don't know EVERYTHING about politics. I am 15, and I barely know about politics. I think that it should be changed to 20 because I feel at 20, you are slightly more mature then you were at 18.

• No it should not

How could someone even debate on this ? Especially when half of the 18 year olds that can vote still are not mature enough { no hate towards anyone. } Quite honestly at that age they're not mature enough nor would many of them want to take on that responsibility. I don't think this should even be a question. 100% no

• No they should not be able to vote

I personally think 13 year olds should not be able to vote. I am thirteen myself, and know for a fact that I would not be able to make the right decision. Voting is a big deal, it predicts our future president and many people can be influenced by the wrong things such as appearance or race, which is unfair. I just don't think 13 year olds would have the brains to make the right decision on their own.

• Teens are not mature enough

Teens from ages 13 - 18 one of the biggest causes of death is accidents because they not mature enough. Their brains aren't fully developed. I'm 13 and I know nothing about politics, it would be bit overwhelming for me to vote and I don't really think the government is going to lower the voting age.

• I think the voting age should not be lowered to thirteen.

Allowing thirteen year-olds to vote would flood our government with their parent’s beliefs. A child is taught by his or her parents. Therefore, if the parent is Democratic, the child, having grown up with the notion that the superior party is Democratic, will vote for the democratic candidate. The same goes to Republican families. At the age of thirteen, you are not usually who you are when you grow up. Keeping the voting age at eighteen ensures that our nation will have a national voice, not children’s opinions.

• We are too young to understand politics.

I am fifteen years old I know for a fact I wouldn't be ready to vote now let alone if I was thirteen years old. Although some people at my age know more about politics, many don't fully understand who they'd be voting for and would also possibly be biased by their parents' decisions, and not who they might really consider to vote for if they were at a more mature age, eighteen.

Quan says2014-01-08T21:12:57.733
I can definitely see some sense in a lower voting age. It may make our nation's youth more politically informed, for starters. It also gives them a say in policies that will directly affect them in the near future. For example, my generation would have been given an opportunity to vote against policies that drastically inflated our higher education costs and reduced the value of college degrees. Instead we were forced to take on crippling student loan debt to attend what has effectively become a mere extension of high school. That debt will cripple us for life no matter how we vote.
Quan says2014-01-08T21:17:17.553
The downside is that children are still very much under the control of their parents, so in practice it may just give parents additional votes.