Should the voting age be lowered to 14 in the United States?

• Yes they should

70% of people say that the voting age should be lowered to 14. For me I think yes, but I also think that the teenager would have to take a short survey to show that they actually care who wins and not about who looks cooler. Also it's our future, so we should be able to have a say in it. Many people would think that teens are too irresponsible, but that's why they would have to take a small survey to show that they should vote.

• Far more educated

Fourteen year olds should be allowed to vote and take on the responsibility that comes with voting. By the age of fourteen most tanagers are very independent. Most fourteen year olds are already working, some to help support their family; in most states fourteen is the minimum age to work. Through school, or just pure interest most fourteen year olds are extremely educated on what is going on in our government, economy, nation, and world.
    In this modern day some fourteen year old are very immature and independent. Sadly this is often caused by parents getting divorces or by both parents working alone; often times when there is more than one kid in the family the oldest one practically raises the rest. This also leaves the kids to get places on their own by taking busses, walking, biking, flying, or any other form of transportation. This makes kids and teenagers a lot more independent especially if they are a single child and have to go through it alone. I know as a second child that I lean on my older sister for support and I have learned a lot from her.
    When you turn fourteen you’re just another year older; or so you think. In most states fourteen is the minimum age to start working. We aren’t talking about lemonade stands or little bake sales, I mean being on a payroll and getting a check. When you are on a payroll and when you get checks from your boss, you will have to pay income tax. Now if fourteen year olds are being taxed then don’t you think they should have a say in how much they are being taxed? This is why fourteen year olds should be able to vote; they should have a say in what is going on in their lives.
    Most fourteen year olds have a better chance of understanding what is going on in our country. Every day we are getting smarter and so is the technology that we are surrounded by. Everyday our understanding of what is going on around us improves and we are extremely educated because of school. As a middle school student myself I feel as though I may understand what is going on better than many adults. Teenagers are able to comprehend amazing things at such a young age; so why no let them vote.
    So why not let fourteen year olds vote? They work just as hard as anyone else and understand what is going on just as well as anyone else. They are extremely independent and know how to take care of themselves. Don’t forget fourteen year olds are allowed to work; so why not let them vote especially since the outcome could affect their live and their future. After all, teenagers are extremely educated and are this worlds future. What are you waiting for, vote now for younger voters!

• Yes yes yes yes yes YES

I am 14 years old. I hate how many of the people who say teens don't know what they want. All teens aren't the same. Many 14 year olds CAN take care pf themselves. Washing clothes, cooking, cleaning etc. And we work so if we are taxed we have the right to vote. You can't say we arent ready because I have my whole future already planned out. My top 3 colleges. How many kids. The names of my kids . Everything is already set up. I think we should 🤘

• Yes they should

Yes, I believe 14 year olds would be more interested in politics if they had the responsibility to vote, and they would feel obliged to be more responsible! Teens should be able to vote because I think that it is very important to have teens be more involved in politics.

• Yes yes yessssssssssssss

Yeah some adults might think that kids are immature....But that's who kids are..There kids they love to play..But i know some kids who know when someting is serious....Pshh i'm a kid myself and i loveeeee to play..But when something is serious i get serious. People this is the U.S we are talking about and i want to vote on who i think who be a good leader for MY country

• Wdfg sdfgbn sdfgh

Dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbndfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn dfgbn

• Of Course We Need to.

You see, 14 year-olds may be immature. Some of them anyway. But, this is politics. Are 14 year olds really going to overthrow the government? They're not that stupid. You say that the reason the voting age is 18 is because kids don't know how to make the best decisions, but if that's true, why are old and senile people allowed to vote, and worse, drive? I think that adults may be somewhat biased regarding this topic because, A. They have had children, B. They were bullied as children, or C. They just want to take our rights away. As we get older, we take on adult responsibilities, but we have no adult rights. So you see, you should take a deep breath, and consider both sides of this conflict.

• Yah yah yah

Teenagers are awesoen and so r politics. MHM. THe voting age should ebe owered becuz we are awesome and BOSS. WE DEMAND A RIGHT!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! THis is Eduardo signing off

• Yes YEs YES YES

We are responsible and loyal enough to vote and we would make the right choices for our government. I need to say another 32 words so im just going to put in random words like these ok so yeah we should vote at the age of 14 YEAH YEAH YEAH.

• Yes, i strongly agree

This is important because the world is powered by the future. The youth, and if the youth are under powered and unhelped in the road to come , than what is the point of the future if the youth are powered by those they don't like. This is important to me.

• NO way THEY Should lower it.

Why you asking why i`m I against it well because not enough people have enough knowledge, and its like asking can i have sex at 14 or can i drink a bear at 14. That is none seance it strongly not agree. Thank for reading my paragraph good night to all.

• No way! The voting age shouldn't be lowered.

The voting age shouldn't be lowered. Kids at the age of 14 are immature and irresponsible. You can say as much as you want about being independent, but then why is insurance most expensive for teens? Because they don't even know how to take care of themselves, then how are they going to vote and take responsibility for their own country? Most kids are influenced by their parents, and only vote for their parents opinions. Most 14 year old kids actually DO NOT know what is going on in politics. Politics is never brought up at school. Most kids do not know what is going on in the next street, much less their own country.

• No, the voting age should not be lowered.

Voting is tied into becoming a legal adult, so 14 is far too young to vote. One of the problems with letting young people vote is that they may be heavily influenced by their parents as to which policies and candidates they support. A 14 year old is not even able to get to a voting place, which would also potentially lead to the young voter being influenced heavily by family members. Voting should be reserved for people who are legal adults and who have matured enough to form independent opinions.

• 100% No No

No, because children at that age don't know what they want, let alone know their own political views. When I was 14, I was just now learning what sex was. I am 18 now, and I still cannot fathom what the president is doing to this country. Politics makes me sick.

• Ready to serve?

If you're willing to vote for someone who could impose a draft for you to serve AT 14, then do let it be. And we know THAT's not going to happen. There are some mature, responsible 14 yr olds, but the immature, uninformed ones far exceed those! Don't do it!

• NO,they should not

You need to wait and earn it others had to wait 18 years to vote why should they be an exception for you all maybe all won`t have the knowledge that it takes you`ll just foll around bye have a good night or morning or after non good bye ill come back soon.

• No they should not