Should the voting age stay at 18 and not be lowered?

• Hi its ppopy

I think that poop should be able to vote for pee.Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy im on her im so happy . Whats up guys. I think that they can viote. Vote for mr poopy in 2021. Im cool. Il keep in touch ur buddy poopy . Love u guys .Good bye every one.

• Hi its ppopy

• Its Is Cool

Hi my name is carl and I like to vote. I am 18 and I think that 18 is better than 16 because it is a bigger number. I like crack I shove it deep into my bum and it makes me feel good cause i get numb and poop water.

• NO! Teens don't know what they are doing!!!

I say NO to lowering the voting age to 16! That's just rediculous because I'm about 14 years old! If it was lowered then in 2 years I would be able to vote. I wouldn't know what I was doing! So why in the world would I want the voting age to drop down from 18 to 16! WHY! That's rediculous the people who say yes must really badly want to vote! Seriously!

• People under the age of 18 will not weigh the facts.

A person under the age of 18 would very easily go for the candidate that has the best hair or best suit or best looking. When a person becomes 18 it is easier for them to weigh the facts and consequences of the vote and what the candidate can do to make the country a better place for its people.

• Poo poo poo

Hi hi ihi hihihiih ihi hi hihi hih hi hi h ihi hi hi hi hi ih h h h h h h h h h h h h hiiih hih hi h hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I I I I I I I I iii I I I I I I I

• Yes yes yes !!!

Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used. Also Just because 16 year olds have the right to do some things, doesn’t mean that they should not be used.

• Because it is fine the way it is

Because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is because it is fine the way it is and everybody cares

• Not an adult yet

18 is the real age of adulthood, where you start jobs and understand how the real word works.
    A 16 year old would be having their exams and would be to focused on their exams so they will tick anything or not even vote. Because they are to busy and wont put time and effort into thinking about how it will affect the future.

• The older the wiser

The older people are the wiser they are the young people would go to peer pressure easily if a popular person told them who to vote. They also shouldn't let children vote cause there only 16 and haven't learned all the life lessons there parents should be teaching them in life.

• The reason why is because of your mom

A ihvgfuf b dbhbv hvbh bsgdyuvbusbgbvfdbvubfdvyubdfv vbbf ud sudb ubvyus bkjahbvjkhafd uifd ygbfyu ygcy sabjvbf h h hfdh h hhfh fhf h f h h hh hh h h h f h h h h f fh hf hf h h h h h f hfh h h fh f fh fh

• Voting age should not be lowered

In general youths are not interested in political issues and if youth is not considered old enough to drink or go to nightclubs then how do you think that we can make such an important decision on how a country should run...So it is a bad idea to lower the voting age.

• Just cuz no

M m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m m

• Far Too Young

Everything should be left at 18.

Voting
    Paying Taxes
    Leaving school
    Moving Out of Home - (unless abused and in the care/ or supervision of responsible adults)
    Joining the Army
    Driving
    Marrying
    Consent for sex - (or discriminating the adults at least for such atrocious behaviour)

If 16/17 year olds have sex it should be in the privacy of their own rooms, with another teen close to their age - (ie - 1 or 2 years older) and with contraception.

18/19 year-olds haven't much of an idea what being an adult is, due to being at the primary stage of their adult life, although they are at the beginning of this transformation and are mature enough to vote.

16/17 year olds are still developing into adults.

In some ways they are grown up, in a lot of other ways they are not.

If 18/19 year olds struggle with the adult world, how are 16/17 year olds supposed to understand the world of adults and the responsibilities that come with it.

Their skulls are still fusing and their brains are still developing. They shouldn't be boxing in the Olympics in a ring against 20 to 40 something's who should know better.

A genuinely decent adult wouldn't go there in the real world so why allow such atrocities in the Olympics.

Therefore why allow them to vote just because they are intelligent, interested in sex and more developed than younger boys and girls.

They are still boys and girls themselves, just because they are older doesn't make them suddenly mature enough to do all the above.

• Hi jay hi

Hi everyone its your boy billy here and I am awesome at this stuff and I like butts and stuff and cheese and coke and milo hi hih ih h hh h h h h hh h h h h h h h h hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h h h h h

• Not experienced yet

For many years the voting age for Australia was 21 and only men could vote. Federal voting started in 1901 when Australia became a nation men over 21 could vote but indigenous people could not. But then in 1902 woman 21 or over could vote. Then in 1973 the voting age was reduced to 18 years
    One of the reasons I believe that it should remain at 18 because at the age of 16 people are not affected by some of the things of the laws government make and are probably would vote for whoever family or friends vote for. Also because it does not affect them many people will not vote and there many votes missing.
    Plus at the age of 18 you are able to enlist in the army so how come you are not a able to vote until 21 if the new law is passed?

• Why why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wy

Why why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wywhy why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wywhy why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wywhy why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wywhy why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wywhy why whyw whyw whyw hwhwyw whyw whwyh whygw wy

JUSTYOUAVERAGETEEN says2015-05-28T22:24:20.577
It is silly to fear that huge masses of youth will rush to the voting booth and unwittingly vote for Mickey Mouse and Britney Spears. Those individuals with no interest in politics and no knowledge on the subject will stay home from the polls and not vote. This mechanism works for adult voters as well. We will behave no differently. Also With the voting age at 16 there is the opportunity for new voters to have a greater opportunity to be educated voters as most are in high school. When the voting age is lowered schools will most likely schedule a civics class to coincide with 16 that will introduce the issues and prepare new voters. It stands to reason that these we will be better prepared to vote than their elders.
JUSTYOUAVERAGETEEN says2015-05-28T22:25:26.337
We have the responibilities but not the rights.What kind of twisted message do you send when you tell Teens they are judged mature, responsible adults when they commit murder, but silly, brainless kids when they want to vote? Lowering the voting age is the just, fair way to set things straight.

LIke seriously with this one. I’m set for a job this summer that I woould be making $2,100 from but will actually get 1,800. In fact, they pay a lot of taxes. Teens pay an estimated $9.7 Billion dollars in sales taxes alone. And we do work: 80% of high school students work at some point before graduation. We pay billions in taxes to state, local, and federal governments yet we have absolutely no say over how much is taken. Taxation without representation much. I’m not very good so I’m just going to quote 14-year-old Rebecca Tilsen had this to say: “If 16-year-olds are old enough to drink the water polluted by the industries that you regulate, if 16-year-olds are old enough to breathe the air ruined by garbage burners that government built, if 16-year-olds are old enough to walk on the streets made unsafe by terrible drugs and crime policies, if 16-year-olds are old enough to live in poverty in the richest country in the world, if 16-year-olds are old enough to get sick in a country with the worst public health-care programs in the world, and if 16-year-olds are old enough to attend school districts that you underfund, then 16-year-olds are old enough to play a part in making them better.”

Teens feel alienated from politics and politicians, lowering the voting age will include them in the process. The words spoken before the Senate Judicary Committee supporting lowering the voting age in 1971 are as true then as they are now, “The anachronistic voting-age limitation tends to alienate them from systematic political processes and to drive them to into a search for an alternative, sometimes violent, means to express their frustrations over the gap between the nation’s deals and actions. Lowering the voting age will provide them with a direct, constructive and democratic channel for making their views felt and for giving them a responsible stake in the future of the nation.” 7

We have a unique perspective and we’ll only have it once. Denying youth the right to vote isn’t the same as denying women or racial minorities, according to opponents, since in a few years young people will grow up and be able to vote. People vote based on their individual circumstances, when those circumstances change often so do their voting habits. The concerns of a 14 year old are different than that of a 24 year old, just as the concerns of a poor man differ from that of a rich man. The beliefs and priorities of 16 year olds as a whole are unique to them; you cannot expect former 16 year olds to have as accurate a perspective as those who are currently that age. If you care at all about the needs and desires of youth, we must be allowed to vote for ourselves.

Currently the right to vote is granted at perhaps the worst possible moment in one’s life. At 18 many of us leave the home and community we have lived for most of our life, either to go away to college or to move away from home in search of work. Lowering the voting age to 16 will give the vote to people who have roots in a community, have an appreciation for local issues, and will be more concerned about voting than those just two years older. Lower the voting age, and teens will vote.

Lowering the voting age will increase voter turnout. It is common knowledge that the earlier in life a habit is formed the more likely that habit or interest will continue throughout life. If attempts are made to prevent young people from picking up bad habits, why are no attempts made to get youth started with good habits, like voting? If we begin voting earlier, and get into the habit of doing so earlier, we are more likely to stick with it through life.

The argument that teens “should not vote because they lack the ability to make informed and intelligent decisions is valid only if that standard is applied to all citizens.” But yet this standard is not applied to all citizens, only young people. “We do not deprive a senile person of this right, nor do we deprive any of the millions of alcoholics, neurotics, psychotics and assorted fanatics who live outside hospitals of it. We seldom ever prevent those who are hospitalized for mental illness from voting.” Furthermore, even the federal government agrees that most youth have the necessary knowledge to vote. The Voting Rights Act of 1965 states that: “any person who has not been adjudged an incompetent and who has completed the sixth grade in [. . .] any State or territory, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico where instruction is carried on predominantly in the English language, possesses sufficient literacy, comprehension, and intelligence to vote in any election.” If a Sixth grade education is deemed adequate knowledge to vote, how can older youth be denied the right to vote?