Should the White House be able to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or due process?

• White House Should Be In Control

In my opinion, the US government/ White House should be able to detain American Citizens. Although this seems wrong and uncharacteristic of a great government, I believe it is necessary to maintain the peace. For example, if the US has extreme evidence of a terrorist living in the United States, the government should be able to detail that citizen regardless of what the law says.

• America's fifth amendment was created to prevent this.

The fifth amendment, part of the Bill of Rights, guarantees the right of a due trial and the inability to detain a citizen without charge.

Without a court, who would be in charge of deciding they are guilty enough to be held? A congress full of extravagant and differing opinions?

• No, the White House should not be able to indefinitely hold people.

I do not think that the White House should be able to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or due process. I think giving the White House that kind of power would be dangerous for the people of the United States of America. I also think that it is a great injustic to our rights.

• Shouldn't Be Allowed

I do not believe the White House should be able to indefinitely detain American citizens without charge or due process. The ability to do so would mark another huge change to the government and the corruption within that government. The US shouldn't be allowed to do this for any reason.

• That is tyranny.

No, the White House should not be able to indefinitely detain American citizens without due process or charge, because that is the equivalent of living in a police state. In order to detain someone, the White House needs to say exactly what the person did. Otherwise, we are all living in fear.