Should the writings of David Duke be available in high school libraries?

• They absolutely should (must) be!!

First of all, it's freedom of speech. 90% of the books in this country are biased. People need to know the truth. If he's so wrong, then what are you afraid of? What harm would it do to have his books in school libraries? The truth is being tragically suppressed. If you don't agree with what he has to say, that's fine. All people, including high school students, should be entitled to hear an alternative point of view. In no way does Dr. Duke ever support violence or supremacy. You must ask yourself, why is his message so suppressed? Do you really believe it's because of "hate?" I think you know better. Get in touch with the logic stirring in your head. Seek the truth.

• The writings of David Duke should be available in high school libraries.

The writings of David Duke should be available in high school libraries. We should not be judging authors and limiting our students to material just because we do not agree with it. David Duke is edgy in his topics but it is important to expose our children to it because it will be there when they get in the real world.

• Sends a bad message

I am not one to say that we should ban books or force our kids to never read certain things, but I do think that if you have something in your library it is almost like an endorsement of it's ideas or at least saying that they are somewhat valid to a discussion. That is not David Duke.

• No I don't think so.

I do not the writings of David Duke be available in high school libraries. Not because I don't agree with what he said, but because I don't think that reading what he said would add any value to society. A lot of fools say things but it doesn't mean they should be in the library.

• They're Available On The Internet

Given that David Duke is what I would call an extremist, I don't find his work to be necessary in every high school library across the nation. If someone has interest in his beliefs or viewpoints a lot of his work is available on-line. I do not believe in banning books outright, however they don't have to kept by the library if some people find it controversial because now we have the Internet.

• The writings of David Duke should not be available in high school libraries.

David Duke is a notorious racist and a bigot. His writing should not be available in high school libraries because they are highly offensive. Children can be very impressionable, and they should not be exposed to offensive, racist content. Parents would not allow their kids to read these books anyway.