Should there be 20 kids in a classroom per teacher?

• Yes, there should be 20 kids in a classroom per teacher.

I believe that there should be 20 kids in a classroom per teacher. Ideally, there should be fewer than that. It is very important to keep class size small. With kids today there is a huge diversity of learners. More and more students with disabilities are also included in the regular classroom. One person can not adequately teach a large number of students with so many different needs

• Yes, that would be a good amount.

It seems that 20 kids in a classroom per teacher would be a good amount to have. It seems it's not too many and not too few, though I'm not a teacher and it would also depend on what is being taught. But it seems that for most subjects, 20 students would be enough to give a difference of opinion and ideas, but still be manageable.

I believe that there should be 20 kids in a classroom per teacher. Ideally, there should be fewer than that. It is very important to keep class size small. With kids today there is a huge diversity of learners. More and more students with disabilities are also included in the regular classroom. One person can not adequately teach a large number of students with so many different needs.

• Yes, that would be a good amount.

• Too few to be feasible.

Fewer students is always better, but that's idealistic, not realistic. Most schools do not have the money, resources or space to support such a class size. 23 is the minimum size even for small-class teaching, I'd say somewhere around 25-30 is the magic number. In my experience, individual needs of students can still be catered to when there are around 28 kids. By the time you reduce that further down to, say, 23, diminishing marginal returns set in.

• TEACHERS SHOULD SPEND TIME WITH THEIR STUDENTS.

TEACHERS SHOULD SPEND TIME WITH THEIR CHILDREN. I DIDN'T GET A VERY GOOD EDUCATION BECAUSE MY TEACHER DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME FOR ME. This is why students should not be put into classes with more than 15 children. This is why I put my beautiful, reluctant, smart daughter into the private school near my house.