Should there be a ban on civilian-owned firearms?

• I choose safety

The constitution is outdated, even the founding fathers thought it would be temporary, it needs to be updated. Truth is we dont need guns anymore they have just been causing so much harm. Its a choice, safety or freedom, I would prefer safety than have to worry about being shot at by some psycho with a gun.

• Without a brain they are harmless

Guns are not dangerous its the person using it that makes it a dangerous tool no brain to operate it =harmless tool
    They are not barly dangerous and not yes dealy but like i said without an operator it wont do anything
    For example You dont see a gang of ak47s shooting at people just like that you need a gang of people to shoot those ak47s you can kill people with just about anything, banning an innocent piece of equipment like that would be silly.

• There wouldn't be anymore shootings at places.

I believe it should be illegal for civilians to own guns because this new law would dramatically reduce the quantity of shootings at places. Adam Lanza was a civilian and for owning guns, he claimed 26 lives at Sandy Hook in CT. Basically, I think that only these 2 people can own guns; policemen (law enforcement) and soldiers (military).

• There wouldn't be anymore shootings at any places.

I believe it should be illegal for civilians to own guns because that would dramatically reduce shootings at places. Adam Lanza was a civilian and for owning guns, he claimed 26 lives at Sandy Hook in CT. Basically, only these 2 people can own guns; policemen (law enforcement) and soldiers (military).

• There wouldn't be any more shootings at any places

I believe that it should be illegal for civilians to own guns. Adam Lanza was a civilian and for owning guns, look at the mass shooting he caused at Sandy Hook in CT, claiming 26 innocent lives.
    Basically, only these 2 people can own guns; policemen (law enforcement) and soldiers (military).

• Fuck you thunder

Dsaffasfdasfaf fdsafsd af af af asf a a af asf asf af asfd asf asf as sadf as asdf asd sa sadf assdf as asdfd d d d d a s as a as s s s s s s s s s s s s s fuck you thunder 응니애미

• Fuck you thunder

• Guns are very dangerous and are deadly weapons

Guns should be banned from civilians, and law enforcement officials in uniform only (e.G., Police officers, or sheriff deputies) should only gain access to them, not civilians because guns are too dangerous to use, and are deadly, because if you get shot in the head, or the hear t with a gun, you will die instantly. Guns should become illegal for civilians, and not illegal for law enforcement officials only in uniform.
    If you shot somebody with a gun (and kill someone), you could be in prison for a very, very long time (or for the rest of your life, and never be on the streets again). This is why guns should be banned from civilians.

• Number of murders and Deaths to Civilians

How Many people are killed each year in the US? I don't know, but its sure a lot. When my sister turns on the news each morning there is at least one story somewhere in the world where people are murdered. Examples; Colorado shooting during batman. Although guns may be used for self defense, hunting etc. It is still a staggering amount of lives lost each year in the US.
    -Christian 8th grade

• Without a brain they are harmless

• Without a brain they are harmless

• Without a brain they are harmless

• Because I'm not willing to be a victim

It is on my natural right to be able to defend myself, it is fair to be able to defend myself.
    Criminals are criminals because they break the law, if they can break any law, then a ban would be able to be broken too, so it is pointless.
    People will always find a way to hurt each other, if it isn't a gun, it's a knife, if it isn't a knife, it will be a stick, no stick? Stones. Pretty simple, gun ban will do nothing but rising crime

• No one should be defencless

Every one should be able to defend themselves. If the country is at war than civilians can be able to defend their country and help the army.
    The crime rate would also decrease because if everyone has a gun everyone would be afraid of each other and no one would try to harm another person .

• America Is About Freedom

I do not believe there should be a ban on civilian owned firearms. Some people would point to our constitution and rights and say its guaranteed, however, I simply feel like this is America and as Americans we should have the right to have our own weapons. I do not believe the government should have the right to limit that freedom.

• Look at Israel

Israel: One of our closest allies in the world and without question our closest in the Middle East. And I'd bet you didn't know this: Israel requires every civilian to own a firearm. And you know what else? Israel has the lowest violent crime rate in the world. That's because everyone knows everyone else has a firearm, and in all honesty, who would set out to kill someone if you knew that someone was in possession of a firearm? And now lets look at England. They have some of the tightest firearm laws in the world, and subsequently, they have one of the highest violent crime rates in the world. That is because criminals who get their guns illegally know that not many law abiding citizens own a gun. If you outlaw civilian-owned firearms then we're looking at a sharp rise in violent crime, including murder, armed robbery, and rape.

• The right to self defence is a natural right.

Second off the founding fathers knew that it would take an armed citizenry to even have a chance of keeping a tyrannical government in check. So with out an armed citizenry, we are but slaves to the government that is supposed to be serving, we, the people. Want to know what else is dangerous? Stupid people passing out bad information where others might find it. Besides, it's not weapons that are really dangerous, it's though who would use them for evil that are dangerous.

• In order to form a well regulated militia

I believe that current regulations on weapons ownership are unconstitutional based on the quoted excerpt from the second amendment. A militia is recognized as a paramilitary organization formed of civilians, who fight against either a tyrannical government or against an enemy invader. Now for us Americans the second concern is a potentiality but you never hear arguments concerning this as the military is currently the most powerful military in the world, but this will not always be so my fellows, take for example the Roman army, a professional army that knew no equal for hundreds of years, but eventually they were defeated and i'm sure most know what happened to Rome. Eventually the same fate will befall the united states, as it has all nations and empires across time. But regardless the threat of tyrannical government is a much more potent one, and how might we average citizens go about fighting m1 abrams, f/a-18 hornet fighter bombers, b-52 stratofortress strategic bombers, or ah-1z viper attack helicopters, hmm? In short, you have about a snowball's chance in hell of any measure of success without breaking the laws currently implemented within the United States. We need to be able to at bare minimum, be able to purchase fully automatic firearms, which is currently illegal for newly manufactured weapons under the Hughes amendment to the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. but to truly be able to function well as a militia, we need access to much more powerful weapons plain and simple.

• Absolutely not!

#1: Our second Amendment: I see the purpose of the second amendment as a sort of insurance policy. It may cost a bit (the lives of those who do not respect guns) but the overall benefits outweigh the costs. If the original Colonists were not able to have guns, they would have not been able to break away from the Europeans. Our founding fathers saw that we needed guns to ensure our freedoms and make sure the government will not become to powerful, and if they do, we can stop them.

#2 Crime rates would not change or they would go up: By banning guns, you are only taking firearms away from honest people. Criminals are criminals. They don't follow the law already, what makes you think they are going to just hand over your guns.

#3 Cars kill more people each year than guns. Why don't you want to ban them? Just because guns serve no purpose to you doesn't mean they don't serve a purpose to other people. If I had to choose between a car and a gun, I would choose the latter because it serves a much greater purpose to me than the car.